Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 281 282 283 ... 1375 1376 1377
By fonewear 2015-02-15 09:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't look now but we are surely lacking a gay fascism topic.

TLDR: Homophobic right wing Republicans are evil.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/14/gay-fascism-blooms-full-flower-south-carolina-academic-community.html

The fine for daring to practice academic freedom in the state of South Carolina has just been levied. And unlike fines for polluters and financial industry crooks, this punitive money action is accompanied by a significant punishment.

Regular visitors to Politicus know the back story. A couple of South Carolina colleges offer incoming freshmen the chance to academically learn, first-hand, that unlike the Republican perception of homosexuals, the population of gays and lesbians does not consist of monsters and child-stalkers, anymore than the population as a whole. The plan of the University of South Carolina Upstate and College of Charleston was to have incoming students read a book on each campus, “Out Loud: The Best of Rainbow Radio” on the USC Upstate campus and “Fun Home” at Charleston, the latter hugely praised by the nation’s literary critics back in 2006. Students would then talk about the books and meet a few real-live members of the LGBT community and chat with them face-to-face about their experiences as a repressed minority. There was even a multi-day gay-themed symposium called Bodies of Knowledge on the schedule. The symposium has been around since 2007.

The right-wing immediately started waving their own good book in the air. Their elected homophobic state legislators went to work in earnest. And since election season (the primaries are June 10th) was fast approaching, these snooty academic liberals were going to be the perfect vote-grabbing foil and were going to pay the price while the politicians collected their prize at the ballot box.

As a consequence of relentless pressures, the University of South Carolina Upstate has just announced $450,000 in cuts and “changes” to save money. Their prime target was the Center for Women’s and Gender Studies, though the money saved by their action was miniscule. As of July 1, the Center is closed forever or at least until the fascist legislators retire permanently from the General Assembly. It gets even more Mussolini-esque. The legislature that was preparing to pull $17,000 in funding for a “gay” book to be read by those incoming freshmen I mentioned, is now mandating (but I thought Republicans hated mandates) that the money be spent to “teach” the U.S. Constitution, ironically something that’s been done in every college history class forever, plus the Declaration of Independence, also a staple of every history class and the Federalist Papers, 85 delightfully controversial essays written by the really big names present at our countries founding and also bound to be taught and hotly discussed in any and all higher education history classes, not to mention subsequent law school classes.

Methinks the underlying scheme here is to encourage right-wing profs to give much extra classroom attention to the Federalist Society under the guise of the federalist papers. The Federalist Society is an august group of radicals that included the likes of late Robert Bork and features four of the still kicking current right-wing Supreme Court justices as members.

Of one thing you can be certain. South Carolina’s higher education institutions have been forewarned by the political power structure to adhere to Republican Party-line propaganda in all historical matters, brainwash your students and keep out the gays. If you don’t follow these warnings, we’ll essentially defund your school and you’re on your own. There’s no other way to interpret these most recent actions.

Caught squarely in the middle, Upstate’s relatively new Chancellor, Dr. Tom Moore. He said the cuts are needed due to “increasing costs and declining state support.” Moore, in an extremely disingenuous statement, said closing the Center for Women’s and Gender Studies is not in response to external pressure (ROTFLMAO)!!!

Two state senators, Lee Bright and Michael Fair, sadly within spitting distance of my domicile, insisted that the ‘Bodies of Knowledge’ symposium was pure indoctrination designed to recruit gays on campus. Yes, Virginia, there are legislators who are that clueless. I went to both days of the symposium, and if it were any comfort to this pair, I’d say 95% of the audience was already gay and frankly, the gathering was mostly an excuse to feel accepted in the hateful setting that identifies itself as South Carolina.

What’s puzzling is that while the brick and mortar facility that housed the Women and Gender Studies Center is being closed, the course work will still supposedly continue. It was, after all, housed in the College of Arts and Sciences and included an office and a lounge area. So, on one level, it’s closing doesn’t amount to a hill of beans fiscally. It was just a vehicle to transport a message of hate of the school’s gay population and by extension, women in general. A university spokesperson was quoted in the local paper as saying there are no plans to use that space in a different way, telling the press that, in fact, “We hope to expand course offerings and closing the center will allow the director to return to the classroom and teach on a full-time basis.” Double-talk? Triple-talk? Pure you know what?

The chancellor said closing the center will actually strengthen interdisciplinary minors like women’s and gender studies. Let’s cut to the chase here. The message is, none of that LGBT stuff at USC Upstate. No more Bodies of Knowledge. Nothing about Women and Gender Studies will touch on anything to do with lesbians. Here’s the headline: USC UPSTATE CAVES TO HOMOPHOBES – WE DON”T WANT THE GAY OR LESBIAN COMMUNITY WITHIN A THOUSAND MILES OF OUR CAMPUS or if they are, they’d better find the most hidden of closets to hide in. I’m Tom Moore, PhD and I make a boatload of money (around $200,000) and I’m not risking it for a lifestyle that the locals hate. Ergo: I’ve cast my lot with the bible-thumping gay-bashers!

A rare reasonable response came from Democratic (of course) state Senator, Brad Hutto. Hutto is highly respected as a man of integrity and is running against bought and paid for, U.S. Senator, Lindsey Graham who has a war chest in excess of seven million big ones. Hutto talked about the Republicans obsession with sexuality and homosexuality and opined, “Until we get over it, we’ll continue to invite upon ourselves publicity that is unmerited.” I agree with the part about getting over it. I couldn’t disagree more with the suggestion that the publicity is unmerited. These are fascist actions and have no place in a democratic (as in democracy) legislative body, ever.

A closing note; $200,000 is apparently the going rate for political acquiescence in the South Carolina academic community.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-02-15 09:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
Can someone explain this post to me?
Not really until you know the players.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-15 09:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday urged European Jews to move to Israel after a Jewish man was killed in an attack outside Copenhagen's main synagogue.

"Israel is your home. We are preparing and calling for the absorption of mass immigration from Europe," Netanyahu said in a statement, repeating a similar call made after attacks by Islamic extremists in Paris last month that killed 17 people, including four Jews.

Two police officers were also wounded in Sunday's attack, one of two fatal shootings in the normally peaceful Danish capital on the weekend.

In the first attack on Saturday a 55-year-old man was killed at a panel discussion about Islam and free speech attended by a Swedish cartoonist behind controversial caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.

"Extremist Islamic terrorism has struck Europe again... Jews have been murdered again on European soil only because they were Jews," Netanyahu said in the statement.

The Israeli prime minister said his government was to adopt a $45 million (39.5 million euro) plan "to encourage the absorption of immigrants from France, Belgium and Ukraine".

"To the Jews of Europe and to the Jews of the world I say that Israel is waiting for you with open arms," Netanyahu said.

He had made a similar call after three days of bloodshed in Paris that started with the January 7 attack on satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo where 12 people were gunned down, followed the next day by the shooting death of a policewoman just outside the city.

On January 9, the gunman who killed the policewoman took hostages at a kosher supermarket in Paris and four Jews were killed during a police commando raid.

The bodies of the four were later flown to Israel where they were buried.

Officials in Copenhagen described the weekend attacks as an act of terror and said the man believed to be behind the shootings was shot dead after opening fire on police at a rail station.
Netanyahu urges Jews to move to Israel after Copenhagen attacks
By fonewear 2015-02-15 09:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You know who's responsible for the attack in Copenhagen the Jews !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-15 09:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Methinks the writer of the gay fascism story was asleep in English. Methinks!

This part of the story is a classic:

The right-wing immediately started waving their own good book in the air. Their elected homophobic state legislators went to work in earnest. And since election season (the primaries are June 10th) was fast approaching, these snooty academic liberals were going to be the perfect vote-grabbing foil and were going to pay the price while the politicians collected their prize at the ballot box.
By fonewear 2015-02-15 09:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I attest to being a former snooty academic liberal. I spent years in right wing homophobic rehab !

Here is my girlfriend I met her at a Phish concert:

[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-15 09:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
our government just LOVES to divide the people of America into sub categories so they can say, "these people get that, and you people get this, and you guys over there... you get this" Yay democrats and republicans, yyyyaaaaaaayyyyyy Tyranny through diversity, because f common sense :D

You know your absolutely 100% percent right and i have to agree

with you. I have been saying this since i started researching our

two party monarchy and posting in politics about why our founding

fathers warned against them. Because they do not represent

EVERYONE
. When you mentioned the spoils of Majority ruled

democracy which is the type of government we have now which

silently overthrew our Constitutional Republic. This is what

majority ruled does it divides and rewards different groups.

A Constitutional Republic represents ALL and Divides NONE rewards

are given to ALL and not a select few.

These parties ( Republicans and Democrats) wish to divide us like

livestock in a farm.

They should be abolished and barred from public office, and charged

with war crimes for crimes against humanity, and treason for

violating our constitutional right by breaking oath. God bless you

All A Better America is on the Horizon never lose faith.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-15 09:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, the flower-head is trying.

It always brings a tear in my eyes when a flower-head is learning how to walk.

BTW, any bets on if anik is flower-head's sock puppet?
By fonewear 2015-02-15 10:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The government is suppressing my right to write this sentence !

Those evil republicans hate FFXIAH. They have long been supporters of FFXIV.

They probably killed Jimmy Hoffa too !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-02-15 10:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-02-15 10:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Human farming, sounds fun.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 11:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
Millions of immigrants benefiting from President Barack Obama's executive actions could get a windfall from the IRS, a reversal of fortune after years of paying taxes to help fund government programs they were banned from receiving.

Armed with new Social Security numbers, many of these immigrants who were living in the U.S. illegally will now be able to claim up to four years' worth of tax credits designed to benefit the working poor. For big families, that's a maximum of nearly $24,000, as long as they can document their earnings during those years.

Some Republicans are labeling the payments "amnesty bonuses," one more reason they oppose Obama's program shielding millions of immigrants from deportation.

"I represent hard working, law-biding Texans," said Rep. Sam Johnson, a senior Republican on the House Ways and Means Committee. "I think these amnesty rewards, and that's what they are, need to be stopped."

Advocates argue that many of these immigrants pay taxes, so they should be able to claim the same tax credits as anybody else. Over the past decade, immigrants in the U.S. illegally have paid an estimated $100 billion in Social Security payroll taxes, even though few will ever be able to collect benefits, said Stephen Goss, Social Security's chief actuary.

Obama has issued executive orders shielding about 4 million immigrants from deportation. Some were brought to the U.S. as children; others are parents of children who are either U.S. citizens or legal residents.

Republicans in Congress oppose Obama's actions and are trying to use a funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security to overturn them. Democrats are resisting, resulting in a stalemate that is threatening to shut down the department.

Funding for the department, which oversees immigration enforcement, runs out Feb. 27.
Republicans say Obama giving immigrants 'amnesty bonuses'
It's a nice bill on paper, however almost nobody eligible will receive these benefits.

Reason being that they have to A) Have the documents to prove it, B) File their previous year's tax returns on time (extensions allowed) (the article failed to mention THAT little tidbit), and C) Paid the tax in the first place.

In reality, it's exactly what Sam Johnson is saying, but it's also a political tool, not a practicable one.
Was with you til that line of nonsense.
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 11:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, the next Benghazi
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-15 13:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 13:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-02-15 13:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't even make it passed the title did you? Typical. It is as well read as you are on all of your beliefs I'm sure.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-02-15 14:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Iran former vice president jailed for corruption

I admire Irans take on corruption. Because when the people regain control of the United States of America. Theres going to be a lot of former representatives going to trial.

A act of Justice that is in dire need and a prime message to those who fled America that caused financial turmoil in our country is quoted below. You will not escape the American peoples Justice.

"In May last year, Iran executed billionaire businessman Mahafarid Amir Khosravi, convicted of being at the heart of a $2.6 billion state bank scam. It was the largest fraud case since the Iran's 1979 Islamic Revolution."
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 14:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Didn't even make it passed the title did you? Typical. It is as well read as you are on all of your beliefs I'm sure.
lol, no I read the rant, and yes it's a rant, not an article.

Also: there you go again confuse knowledge with belief.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-15 14:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyle Smith loses any and all credibility when he calls "The Daily Show" a real news show.

That should be the cue to stop taking his rant seriously after that. Then he goes on to call a comedian, a journalist - and an irresponsible and unprofessional one at that.

Comedy often uses real life situations, and or makes fun of how something is presented. Usually asking "WTF IS THIS ***!?"

Sounds to me, this particular "journalist" (Kyle Smith) is rather jealous of what success is really like.

And grossly ignores that Liberals and Conservatives, supporters and naysayers alike, have found reasons to love and hate the presented material. Then again, Jon Stewart didn't just go after Fox News like Kyle thinks he did. He's gone after liberals, libertarians, and pretty much any "in the news" political and social figure who's said or done something stupid.

That's why we're laughing at how you can believe this ***, Amand. Now, please do try and keep up with the big boy conversations.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 14:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shhh, you can't lay on reality like that, it disrupts the delusion and can manifest negatively upon the afflicted.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-15 14:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Strange thing to say, coming from you, who provides nothing but belief, like flower-head.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-02-15 14:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Strange thing to say, coming from you, who provides nothing but belief, like flower-head.
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 14:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Kyle Smith loses any and all credibility when he calls "The Daily Show" a real news show.

That should be the cue to stop taking his rant seriously after that. Then he goes on to call a comedian, a journalist - and an irresponsible and unprofessional one at that.

Comedy often uses real life situations, and or makes fun of how something is presented. Usually asking "WTF IS THIS ***!?"

Sounds to me, this particular "journalist" (Kyle Smith) is rather jealous of what success is really like.

And grossly ignores that Liberals and Conservatives, supporters and naysayers alike, have found reasons to love and hate the presented material. Then again, Jon Stewart didn't just go after Fox News like Kyle thinks he did. He's gone after liberals, libertarians, and pretty much any "in the news" political and social figure who's said or done something stupid.

That's why we're laughing at how you can believe this ***, Amand. Now, please do try and keep up with the big boy conversations.

Your whole rant rides on the premise that everyone knows its a facts I don't like show and doesn't favor democrat views.. Have you been to America?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-15 14:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, Lordgrim finally posts an article from a semi-reputable news source.

He still doesn't understand the situation or anything really, because of this:

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Because when the people regain control of the United States of America.

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
A act of Justice that is in dire need and a prime message to those who fled America that caused financial turmoil in our country is quoted below. You will not escape the American peoples Justice.
Newsflash Flower-head: You still haven't named any laws broken or any harm created to the American people. How can there be justice if nobody was harmed and everyone benefited from the "accused" actions?

Even the accuser has benefited from the Federal Reserve, although, being the flower-head that he is, doesn't understand the benefit.
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 14:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

He seems to like the youtube as well..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-15 14:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to tell you this Jet, but high school test scores doesn't show intelligence. Especially in your case.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-02-15 14:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Your whole rant rides on the premise that everyone knows its a facts I don't like show and doesn't favor democrat views.. Have you been to America?
Actually, the whole "rant" rides on the idea that this journalist should have shown due diligence in his... "reporting" of what The Daily Show is, and what it's about. Of course, there's also the fact that while he accuses Jon Stewart of using blips, blurbs, and sound bites, he does the same thing - Oh the sad, unintentional irony. But of course, it doesn't favor the "Democrat views" (which you'd know if you've been watching for the past 15 years) as it insults the absolute stupidity on both sides.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-02-15 14:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, the whole "rant" rides on the idea that this journalist should have shown due diligence in his... "reporting" of what The Daily Show is, and what it's about. Of course, there's also the fact that while he accuses Jon Stewart of using blips, blurbs, and sound bites, he does the same thing - Oh the sad, unintentional irony. But of course, it doesn't favor the "Democrat views" (which you'd know if you've been watching for the past 15 years) as it insults the absolute stupidity on both sides.
Calling "The Daily Show" as a news broadcast show is the same thing as calling Rush Limbaugh as the same thing....
By Bloodrose 2015-02-15 14:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling "The Daily Show" as a news broadcast show is the same thing as calling Rush Limbaugh as the same thing....
I think people would "get" Rush Limbaugh more if he advertised himself as a comedian.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2015-02-15 14:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Watched it when I was young and naive, the older I got the worse the show became. Does not surprise me you watched it for 15 years.

Its sad that people pay any attention to rush or jon..
First Page 2 3 ... 281 282 283 ... 1375 1376 1377