Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1230 1231 1232 ... 1375 1376 1377
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-03 13:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Interesting question for everyone here:

Who, on the other end of the political spectrum you support, would you vote for for President

James Traficant!!!

holy ***balls is this guy awesome

His hair is better than Trump's.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-03 13:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Seriously, someone out there likes him, and I want to know why. There has to be a reason, and I haven't followed this closely enough so far to know what it is.
From what I've observed:

- Very hawkish towards ISIS (the "carpet bomb them into oblivion" thing)
- Unwilling to compromise, extremely partisan
- Seems to tag his Christianity into his talking points more than any other candidate

These seem to be his biggest selling points, which says quite a bit about his supporters.

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
fonewear said: »
I've asked this about Hillary countless times and other than women voting for her I just don't see the appeal...
Yeah, but you can't ask a Democrat what Hillary's appeal is. They'd much rather address how awful the Republican flavor-of-the-month is than look at their own people.
You can ask. Why would you not want to open up dialogue? You can still criticize the ***out of her and her supporters, which would be much more productive than your half-assed post. Some short answers for Hillary are:

- Generally similar to Obama in policy
- Seen as less partisan and more center-aligned than Bernie, giving her more of a pragmatist approach compared to Bernie's idealist approach
- First female president (eyeroll all you want, but that does carry cultural significance)
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Don't fool yourselves, in the end it will be Jeb Bush vs O'Malley!

I found like 3 people that plan on voting for O Malley !

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-03 13:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I can't think

that's ok buddy, you tried
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Seriously, someone out there likes him, and I want to know why. There has to be a reason, and I haven't followed this closely enough so far to know what it is.
From what I've observed:

- Very hawkish towards ISIS (the "carpet bomb them into oblivion" thing)
- Unwilling to compromise, extremely partisan
- Seems to tag his Christianity into his talking points more than any other candidate

These seem to be his biggest selling points, which says quite a bit about his supporters.

I've asked this about Hillary countless times and other than women voting for her I just don't see the appeal...
Yeah, but you can't ask a Democrat what Hillary's appeal is. They'd much rather address how awful the Republican flavor-of-the-month is than look at their own people.
You can ask. Why would you not want to open up dialogue? You can still criticize the ***out of her and her supporters, which would be much more productive than your half-assed post. Some short answers for Hillary are:

- Seen as less partisan and more center-aligned than Bernie, giving her more of a pragmatist approach compared to Bernie's idealist approach
- First female president (eyeroll all you want, but that does carry cultural significance)

That is exactly why I wouldn't vote for her. I don't vote for "symbolic" leaders.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-03 13:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Don't fool yourselves, in the end it will be Jeb Bush vs O'Malley!

I found like 3 people that plan on voting for O Malley !

Five.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-03 13:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That is exactly why I wouldn't vote for her. I don't vote for "symbolic" leaders.
That's just as superficial and shallow as what you quoted.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 13:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
a candidate both Republicans and Democrats can like.
What are you smoking?

Hillary Clinton will never be a candidate any Republican can like. She is just too much like Obama.

You're a partisan, so of course you'd never like Clinton.

Her policies are generally center-right on most foreign policy/fiscal/healthcare related issues, leaning predictably left on social ones. It's why she gets so much flak from Sanders supporters because if she wasn't Hillary Clinton she'd look more like a moderate Kaisch-esque Republican than the standard bearer of liberalism.

All the Wall Street support only confirms this. She doesn't intend to rock the boat, social liberals enjoy the fact she isn't overtly hostile towards their causes and Republicans would enjoy a Clinton who would most likely ramp up a hawkish stance on Nat. Security and be as business friendly as Obama / Clinton v.1.

So yeah. To most middle voters, she's got appeal. Care to sell the Cruz appeal outside hardcore partisans? Or why Cruz would even be a good candidate?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus she is a grandma pretty sure there is an amendment that says grandma's can't be President.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-03 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For the bolded, I've done that plenty. Mostly because there have been months and months of defending everything she's done wrong with nobody pointing out anything she's done right. The DNC held her up Rafiki-style and everyone bowed. I'm just glad she has an actual challenger at this point so that the Sanders supporters can finally vote for someone they like instead of voting for The Chosen One Clinton.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-03 13:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a partisan,

So!? we had to defeat the nazis!

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-02-03 13:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For years, whenever someone on TV said "partisan" I thought of this...

[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-03 13:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mean to say that party, policies, character, etc aside, you would not vote for a female on the grounds that you have beef with electing the first female president? Or is it more that you just hate when people use that as a reason to vote for a female?
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't vote for a woman it is really that simple.

1. She is a woman

2. She is a woman.

3. Because she is a woman.

However if she pulls a Bruce Jenner I would re consider it cause she would no longer be a woman.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 13:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I already distilled Clinton:

She promises more of the same in a relatively safe choice for POTUS compared to all of her opposition. Sanders is an idealist aiming for massive change that may/may not happen but has general appeal in voters frustrated in a gov't subservient to the rich.

Clinton's not going to dove on national security, is moderate on social issues (even if she pulled the same evolve *** Obama did), is business friendly by Democratic standards and generally comes off as being a pragmatic leader with the experience to back it up.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-03 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't vote for a woman it is really that simple.

1. She is a woman

2. She is a woman.

3. Because she is a woman.

However if she pulls a Bruce Jenner I would re consider it cause she would no longer be a woman.
Yeesh, so much for benefit of the doubt
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 13:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
For years, whenever someone on TV said "partisan" I thought of this...

You aren't the only one.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-03 13:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Honest question: does anyone here actually like Cruz? And if so, why? He seems like a thoroughly repulsive human being, and there's nothing I've seen in his policy so far that you can't get from one of the others in the field.

I'm serious, I want to know the appeal. Help me out here.

Reasons why Cruz is popular.
#1 He is not Trump.
#2 Nobody in either party likes him. At all.. Not even a little..
#3 Far as I've been able to find out, he hasn't outright lied like Rubio. Politics is one thing, Rubio simply lied. It will be hard defending that if he is the nominee.
#4 All democrats hate him and think he is crazy.
#5 He is not Trump.. and mostly all of trumps followers will back him.

I say mostly all because many of Trumps followers have never voted before and if he drops out they may continue the habit. Hopefully Trump either fully endorses Cruz or accepts being the VP. Cruz/Trump or Trump/Cruz will be unstoppable with all the anti-government and anti-establishment feeling this election.

Did I mention he isn't Trump?
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a good thing:

Women in the U.S. Congress 2015. In 2015, 104 (76D, 28R) women hold seats in the United States Congress, comprising 19.4% of the 535 members; 20 women (20%) serve in the United States Senate, and 84 women (19.3%) serve in the United States House of Representatives.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-03 13:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
he hasn't outright lied
The good jokes seem unstoppable today.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-03 13:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Interesting question for everyone here:

Who, on the other end of the political spectrum you support, would you vote for for President

James Traficant!!!

holy ***balls is this guy awesome

C'mon people...look at how awesome his hair is
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-03 13:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You're a partisan, so of course you'd never like Clinton.
So saith the partisan.

Her policies are generally center-right on most foreign policy/fiscal/healthcare related issues, leaning predictably left on social ones. It's why she gets so much flak from Sanders supporters because if she wasn't Hillary Clinton she'd look more like a moderate Kaisch-esque Republican than the standard bearer of liberalism.
Her policies are not center-right on anything.

She is for amnesty, which is a liberal concept.
She is for tax and spend, which is also a liberal concept.
She is for Obamacare, which (regardless of the defenders of the law say) is a heavy liberal concept.

She is about as far left as Obama, and that's when you actually place them in the right side of the political spectrum and don't move the goalposts to put everyone but Sanders to the right.

be as business friendly as Obama
Again, what are you smoking?

Obama has been nothing but business unfriendly since he was elected. Unless the only businesses you look at are his donors and "green" companies (that ultimately fail due to bad business practices and corruption).

You are as much out of touch of reality as Vic and Jet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-03 13:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to tell someone they look like a Dukes of Hazzard villain?

Cause James Traficant looks like one.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It's bad enough we let women vote now one is asking us to vote for her ! Oh how times have changed.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-03 13:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I already distilled Clinton:

She promises more of the same in a relatively safe choice for POTUS compared to all of her opposition. Sanders is an idealist aiming for massive change that may/may not happen but has general appeal in voters frustrated in a gov't subservient to the rich.

Clinton's not going to dove on national security, is moderate on social issues (even if she pulled the same evolve *** Obama did), is business friendly by Democratic standards and generally comes off as being a pragmatic leader with the experience to back it up.

More of the same? *Looks around.* No thanks. But that's at least a better answer than what I've heard lately. She's bland, business friendly (supposedly), and the "safe" choice. Kinda like the female version of Mitt Romney, I guess?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-03 13:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If Hillary is such a good candidate why didn't she win in 2008 ?
By Bloodrose 2016-02-03 13:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to tell someone they look like a Dukes of Hazzard villain?

Cause James Traficant looks like one.
Looks more like a Smokey and The Bandit villain.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-03 13:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

One word: Charisma.

She doesn't have it.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-03 13:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Because there was a better candidate ...?

You think she's a worse choice than Obama? Frick, how would we even survive one term with her then?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1230 1231 1232 ... 1375 1376 1377