Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1225 1226 1227 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-02 06:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Looks like Cruz is going to win Iowa
Oh god. I expect him to go full Joan of Arc at some point during his campaign.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-02-02 09:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
It's the strong 3rd that is surprising. He almost got as many votes as Trump. Also noting that the Repubs are showing how many people voted while the Dems are only showing percentages.
The parties have different rules for their caucuses. The way the Dems run theirs means that they literally can't count people.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-02 10:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
It's the strong 3rd that is surprising. He almost got as many votes as Trump. Also noting that the Repubs are showing how many people voted while the Dems are only showing percentages.
The parties have different rules for their caucuses. The way the Dems run theirs means that they literally can't count people.
Too many dead people voting, they can't keep an accurate count with all the corruption in the caucuses.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-02 12:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Why exactly do we want people that do this running the country in the first place?

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
She won five coin tosses in a row? I mean sure, that's possible, but at a 3.125% chance....
They are saying it's 6 now. 1/64 chance. She should head to Vegas with that double headed coin.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-02 12:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno what's more delicious this afternoon. The sanders supporters that are getting bent over by Clintonian tactics, or the Rubio fans who somehow think coming in third is the story of the day.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-02 13:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
She won five coin tosses in a row? I mean sure, that's possible, but at a 3.125% chance....
Did this clear sign by god make Cruz stop his campaign?

Clear sign of bribery you mean?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-02 13:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They are saying it's 6 now. 1/64 chance. She should head to Vegas with that double headed coin.
In related news, Hillary made some jinxed gages. Disregarding how dumb a coin toss is to settle something like this (instead of having the value split or something), there are two sides to this: One, that Hillary, the "sure thing", barely won is not a good indicator for a general election. The other is that a win is still a win, regardless of how insanely close it was for Bernie.

Rubio could definitely pull more support, especially as other candidates begin to drop. I always saw him as the candidate the GOP leaders ultimately wanted and I think his turnout in Iowa is enough to convince them to back him more thoroughly. He's far less divisive than Trump or Cruz too, so I'd put him as the bigger threat in a general election.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-02 13:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

No.. Clinton's have never done that before.. It must be a sign from god.. Even though democrats think god is evil now and only worship at the alter of Gore!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-02-02 13:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
In related news, Hillary made some jinxed gages. Disregarding how dumb a coin toss is to settle something like this (instead of having the value split or something), there are two sides to this: One, that Hillary, the "sure thing", barely won is not a good indicator for a general election. The other is that a win is still a win, regardless of how insanely close it was for Bernie.

Rubio could definitely pull more support, especially as other candidates begin to drop. I always saw him as the candidate the GOP leaders ultimately wanted and I think his turnout in Iowa is enough to convince them to back him more thoroughly. He's far less divisive than Trump or Cruz too, so I'd put him as the bigger threat in a general election.

Lets say Rubio does stay in the race and either Trump or Cruz drops out. More supporters from either group will back Trump or Cruz over Rubio.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-02 13:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No.. Clinton's have never done that before.. It must be a sign from god.. Even though democrats think god is evil now and only worship at the alter of Gore!

Clinton is toast, but it's up to liberals to make sure she knows it. She'll bribe signal from god her way to the nomination if she can.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-02 13:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets say Rubio does stay in the race and either Trump or Cruz drops out. More supporters from either group will back Trump or Cruz over Rubio.
Hmm yes, that would make sense, but I think Trump or Cruz would be far less likely to drop out until it's completely over. People like Bush and Fiorina are probably going to drop comparatively sooner and I'm under the impression that their supporters would more readily support Rubio. Carson and Paul's supporters seem less predictable to me, though, and both are larger groups.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-02 13:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I assume the God is evil thing comes from the Epicurus quote, which isn't the point of the quote.

Quote:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?

While I am flattered that you think I put that much effort into my post. No, It isn't.

The democrat party has pushed God as far away as possible and for someone to invoke his name to prove a point for the democrats is hilarious and sad at the same time. It's like they want their cake and eat it too.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-02 13:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If trump implodes, his supporters will almost all goto Cruz, or they will just disappear and not show up to vote. Rubio will become the "establishment's choice, as other candidates drop out but I agree, Cruz will get a pretty decent share as he is also is "someone but trump". I sure do hope Cruz can harness this win and push through NH victorious. He's got the best ground game in town.
By Altimaomega 2016-02-02 13:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm yes, that would make sense, but I think Trump or Cruz would be far less likely to drop out until it's completely over. People like Bush and Fiorina are probably going to drop comparatively sooner and I'm under the impression that their supporters would more readily support Rubio. Carson and Paul's supporters seem less predictable to me, though, and both are larger groups.

You are probably right. I think Cruz and Rubio will both benefit when others start dropping. It's now been shown that Trump isn't holding large percentages of people like the polls say. Maybe he will start to decline.

Way to soon to tell though.
By fonewear 2016-02-02 13:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »

He actually lost a lot of weight he used to look like this:

By fonewear 2016-02-02 13:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually if you recall he was in the Willy Wonka movie:

By Altimaomega 2016-02-02 13:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If trump implodes, his supporters will almost all goto Cruz, or they will just disappear and not show up to vote. Rubio will become the "establishment's choice, as other candidates drop out but I agree, Cruz will get a pretty decent share as he is also is "someone but trump". I sure do hope Cruz can harness this win and push through NH victorious. He's got the best ground game in town.

Yeah, if the establish backs Rubio he will fall fast. The only reasons Trump and Cruz to so well is because the establishment hates them. Especially Cruz.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-02 13:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

for someone to invoke his name to prove a point for the democrats is hilarious and sad at the same time
What's sad is your inability to comprehend the joke.
Cruz is a christian fanatic.
Clinton got a streak of good luck, hence to a fanatic it'd be a sign.

It's like everytime you post this loud woosh sound is heard across the room.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-02 13:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone like Ted Cruz is the question.
By fonewear 2016-02-02 13:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Does anyone like Ted Cruz.

No but does anyone like Hillary that isn't a woman ?

If it is Cruz vs Hillary two of the most unlikable people in recent memory.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-02 13:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You are probably right. I think Cruz and Rubio will both benefit when others start dropping. It's now been shown that Trump isn't holding large percentages of people like the polls say. Maybe he will start to decline.

Way to soon to tell though.
I have heard some speculation that since Trump and Sanders were attracting newer voters in polls, that the results could skew come the caucus due to laziness, weather, work conflicts, etc. If this is the case, it would seem Trump was hit harder by it, though I had also heard that his efforts in Iowa were all large events and not the more traditional approach of going to restaurants and other venues.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-02-02 13:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Does anyone like Ted Cruz.

No but does anyone like Hillary that isn't a woman ?

Yeah, all the donors throwing tons of money at her. Also I'm sure Clinton could vouch quite a few people who would work with her if she became POTUS, regardless of the election. Clinton is establishment, she'd be pretty similar to Obama as a POTUS, slightly more hawkish if I had to guess.

Ted Cruz is the embodiment of the anti-establishment, *** my party, *** Democrats, Tea Party movement. Bodes well for getting things done in Congress or around the world for that matter.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-02 13:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

First point on Cruz' agenda when he becomes president is to rename the country to Holy Christian Republic of America!
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-02 13:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hilarious to me that Cruz fans call Rubio the "establishment candidate." Rubio, the freshman Senator ushered in by the Tea Party in 2010, is now being called establishment. Most sane Republicans do not just want a Conservative version of Obama that is incapable of governing, getting a consensus, working with people that he disagrees with; and in the end fails at passing meaningful bipartisan legislation and rules by Executive Orders/Memorandum. All Cruz has done in the Senate is dragged Republicans repeatedly into catastrophic embarrassments. You can have great ideas but you can't be a complete idiot in going about them. If it makes you establishment to find common ground and make small gains over time then I guess I am establishment.
By fonewear 2016-02-02 13:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary is wrong because she is a woman first and foremost.

A woman can't run the country look at Angela Merkel! She has a dumb haircut !

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-02 13:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also lol I read today an article about Cruz campaign which was pretty creepy. If he sent those mails to me I'd hunt him down.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-02-02 13:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
First point on Cruz' agenda when he becomes president is to rename the country to Holy Christian Republic of America!

It's too soon. I am still getting used to the Muslim Republic of America.
First Page 2 3 ... 1225 1226 1227 ... 1375 1376 1377