Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1209 1210 1211 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2016-01-20 06:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
That's my biggest issue with Dems, they wanna give away everyone elses stuff. I came from jack ***. I joined the Army when I was 17 to earn a way through college. I have worked every year since I was 14 when we worked on farms because that's the only work a 14 year old could legally do then. I had my first child by choice at 20 and had to miss her on a few deployments. I do not have sympathy for those who say they can't do it. EVERYONE can do it if they work hard enough. My Dad couldn't afford to send us kids through college so my brother and I both joined the service. It was not my ideal job choice but you do what you need to do to get by and succeed in life. I never made a single excuse for my life I busted my ***. Now as a Medical Professional I can afford to help my children with college.

TL/DR- stop supporting people who don't want to work or better themselves.
tl;dr bootstrap myth.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-20 08:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal responsibility is not a myth Jet.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 08:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal responsibility is not a myth, you are correct.

However, the idea those who push the "bootstrap mindset" fail to recognize -- or summarily ignore -- is that the situation into which you are born and raised plays a significant role in determining exactly how much personal responsibility is necessary.

I personally think some of our government programs need a reworking, but I also don't think that reworking should be "close up shop."

But again, we simply can't have middle ground anymore.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-20 09:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Starting right here, this is wrong, and you haven't made any attempt to correct it.

You say it's wrong and say google says you are right. I say google says Hitler is alive and invented Rock and Roll.
Same thing.

So are you trying to say a hold has been placed on the refugee program? When did that happen?
By Jetackuu 2016-01-20 09:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Personal responsibility is not a myth Jet.
Good thing that I didn't say that.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-20 09:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

However, the idea those who push the "bootstrap mindset" fail to recognize -- or summarily ignore -- is that the situation into which you are born and raised plays a significant role in determining exactly how much personal responsibility is necessary.

I personally think some of our government programs need a reworking, but I also don't think that reworking should be "close up shop."

Almost without fail, the "bootstrappers" I've met were born into at least modest wealth. The ones that weren't live in trailers.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-20 09:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Just the same empty garbage posts.
Come on now, don't be so hard on yourself Pleebo.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-20 09:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you talk about boot straps when important things are happening like the reemergence of Sarah Palin !

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 09:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the actual SP might be more attractive to me that than woman.

Unless that actually is her after a bunch of shoddy plastic surgery.

In which case...mistakes were made. But they'd hardly be her most egregious.
By fonewear 2016-01-20 09:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Michelle Obama's birthday is a national holiday I know I celebrate it every year:

http://www.politico.com/gallery/2016/01/michelle-obama-birthday-dance-photos-002175?slide=0

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-20 09:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So, wait, ignoring responsibility is ok if you are born in a certain location or situation? Because you are in a perceived notion that you will never amount to anything, even if you tried?

That's saying that it's impossible to better yourself through hard work and dedication. Sure, if you go to college and become an art, english, history, or any of the other liberal arts majors, you will be hard pressed to find a well paying job in your field, as it is flooded with other liberal arts majors just like you.

But if you have an actual working degree, like business for example, then there are plenty of jobs in that field waiting for people to fill them. A lot of people who are smart enough to get a working degree have gotten out of their situations where they were "born into an impoverished community" and succeeded in life.

Which is why when anyone claims that there is a "bootstrap myth," all it shows is that they are failures at life and have no clue as to reality.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-20 09:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see it now the future.

University of Starbucks:

We offer plenty of exciting majors:

Failed art teacher

Failed Music teacher

Failed Feminist poet

Failed Museum Curator

And many more jobs that will have you thinking why didn't I just apply to Starbucks ?
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-20 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I can see it now the future.

University of Starbucks:

We offer plenty of exciting majors:

Failed art teacher

Failed Music teacher

Failed Feminist poetry

Failed Museum Curator

And many more jobs that will have you thinking why didn't I just apply to Starbucks ?
You forgot about courses in giving a full body latte
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-20 09:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually when against my better judgement and tried some crazy latte at starbucks. It was pretty terrible. I'll just stick to coffee.

The name was so long I was like you really have to say all this *** to order a latte ?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-20 10:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I only went to Starbucks once when I was in London, grabbed this thing called frappuccino. I don't even remember if I liked it but I remember it was HUGE and couldn't finish it, nor would I ever finish a portion like that in my life.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-20 10:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually when against my better judgement and tried some crazy latte at starbucks. It was pretty terrible. I'll just stick to coffee.

The name was so long I was like you really have to say all this *** to order a latte ?
Exactly why I do not go to Starbucks lol.

Also most of their "coffee" taste like a hot milkshake...yuck.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 10:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No one wanting to see anything from anyone else's perspective is a massive problem in this country right now.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-20 10:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I like coffee just simple coffee but I will give it to those hippie organic crazy *** coffee. That is farm grown etc does taste better than say Dunkin Donuts etc.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-20 10:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I only went to Starbucks once when I was in London, grabbed this thing called frappuccino. I don't even remember if I liked it but I remember it was HUGE and couldn't finish it, nor would I ever finish a portion like that in my life.
Tons of calories in those mega sizes as well.
Plus the amount of jitters I would get from that amount of caffeine would prolly disrupt the space time continuum resulting in dividing by zero and ending existence as we know it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 10:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I like coffee just simple coffee but I will give it to those hippie organic crazy *** coffee. That is farm grown etc does taste better than say Dunkin Donuts etc.

If I'm going to a big-name chain I prefer Tim Hortons, but we don't have the around here. Dunkin is "okay," but if I just want black coffee I'll drive three feet from Dunkin to the McDonald's that's almost assuredly there and pay half the price for coffee that's a little better.

For actually going to coffee shops these days there are a few local places I like near my office and house, respectively.

I'll get an unsweetened latte on occasion while out, but mostly I just I drink my coffee black. Ultimately I'd rather just brew my own cup at home. I tend to like Columbian roasts. Gevalia and -- surprisingly -- Eight O'clock are my go-to coffees and I'll buy whichever is cheaper or on sale at whichever store I'm at.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-20 10:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No one wanting to see anything from anyone else's perspective is a massive problem in this country right now.
I disagree. People wanting sympathy for their life choices is more of a massive problem in this country right now.

That plus they want a payday from doing stupid ***. Like suing companies because they decided to use their products as a rectal thermometer, or some stupid ***like that.

We are a country of idiots. Most people who are "activists" don't know what they are against, and those who have a vague idea what they are against do not care about the consequences of their actions.

Then you got people like the Occupy Wall Street who are there just to rape and pillage from each other.

And then they all want sympathy for their decisions because they choose to be idiots like they are....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-20 10:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, I can't stand the taste of coffee. I get hot chocolate from Duncans. I tried some from Starbucks, it wasn't worth the price.

Seattle's Best has the best hot chocolate I had, but the only place I went to was from the cafeteria at the university in Hirakatashi, Japan I studied abroad from.
By fonewear 2016-01-20 10:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My response:

[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-20 10:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Michelle Obama>>> pew pew Imma cowgirl I tell ya wat!

Rosita>>>
By fonewear 2016-01-20 10:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When Obama is out of office Michelle is going to be an Olympic politician !

By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 10:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I disagree. People wanting sympathy for their life choices is more of a massive problem in this country right now.

That plus they want a payday from doing stupid ***. Like suing companies because they decided to use their products as a rectal thermometer, or some stupid ***like that.

We are a country of idiots. Most people who are "activists" don't know what they are against, and those who have a vague idea what they are against do not care about the consequences of their actions.

Then you got people like the Occupy Wall Street who are there just to rape and pillage from each other.

And then they all want sympathy for their decisions because they choose to be idiots like they are....

By fonewear 2016-01-20 11:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually bums can make like 100 bucks a day begging... I don't think that is losing. That is actually above minimum wage...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 11:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Plus, I can't stand the taste of coffee. I get hot chocolate from Duncans. I tried some from Starbucks, it wasn't worth the price.

Seattle's Best has the best hot chocolate I had, but the only place I went to was from the cafeteria at the university in Hirakatashi, Japan I studied abroad from.

I'd take hot chocolate over coffee 10 out of 10 times except there's the whole "sugar, fat, calories, and only a little calcium to make up for it" aspect. =(

Because...well, personal responsibility apparently.

*shrug*
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-01-20 11:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
It begins.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-europe-migrants-germany-facebook-idUKKCN0UW25E
Quote:
Chancellor Angela Merkel has urged Facebook to do more, and the Justice Ministry set up a task force with Facebook and other social networks and Internet service providers with the aim of identifying criminal posts more quickly and taking them down.
Took quite some time to achieve it, but finally it is here.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-20 11:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually bums can make like 100 bucks a day begging... I don't think that is losing. That is actually above minimum wage...

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1209 1210 1211 ... 1375 1376 1377