Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1203 1204 1205 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-17 12:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Are you implying that a person's experiences completely shape their ideology?
Did I say that?

*looks*

Hmmm, it seems like I said that 3 things completely shape a person's ideology. Experiences (aka events), thought pattern (aka style of thinking), and perceptions (aka viewpoints) shapes their ideology. Since you are referring to a person's ideology and assuming that you would get different results if the events, thinking, and viewpoints are the same, one (such as I) would counter on that.

A person becomes who they are because of those 3 items. If you change any one of those items, they are not that person anymore and are somebody different than before.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-17 12:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Also, that's not even close to what I said
Wait, are you saying that cucumbers cause cancer and eagles can't distinguish the colour blue?!

What a hypocrite.
Like I said before....
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-17 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Are you implying that a person's experiences completely shape their ideology?
Did I say that?

*looks*

Hmmm, it seems like I said that 3 things completely shape a person's ideology. Experiences (aka events), thought pattern (aka style of thinking), and perceptions (aka viewpoints) shapes their ideology. Since you are referring to a person's ideology and assuming that you would get different results if the events, thinking, and viewpoints are the same, one (such as I) would counter on that.

A person becomes who they are because of those 3 items. If you change any one of those items, they are not that person anymore and are somebody different than before.

What you said is that if you put anyone in pleebo's shoes that they would be pleebo. In other words, his life experience is directly responsible for his ideology. It's all moot, anyway, because even if you're right, it says a lot about affluence and tears apart the standard neocon mantra.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-01-17 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The ***?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-17 13:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow!

Damn. Are people calling for Jassik's long form birth certificate soon?

What you said is that if you put anyone in pleebo's shoes that they would be pleebo. In other words, his life experience is directly responsible for his ideology. It's all moot, anyway, because even if you're right, it says a lot about affluence and tears apart the standard neocon mantra.

Interesting that they're overlooking something screamingly obvious, demographically speaking, about at least four who chose to participate.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-17 14:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone was put in Pleebo's shoes from the start of his existence, then yes, that person would become Pleebo.

All the times he was picked on because of <insert whatever is wrong with Pleebo this week>, along with his "education" and how he was raised defines who he is.

Again, you are arguing that, given the exact same situations, the other person would not be Pleebo.

Which, I will admit, would be impossible to prove or disprove. This is all hypothetical.

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Interesting that they're overlooking something screamingly obvious, demographically speaking, about at least four who chose to participate.
Interesting enough that you attempt to portray that anyone is talking about the general population alone when it's obvious that I'm talking about people here who posted their results.

But then again, you love to make assumptions about other people's words.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-17 14:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What you said is that if you put anyone in pleebo's shoes that they would be pleebo.

Um.. No.
He said if you put anyone in Pleebos shoes and forced them to think like Pleebo they would have no choice but to come to the same conclusions as Pleebo..

You can put someone in Pleebos shoes let them think for themselves and chances are they will come up with a different conclusion.

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Damn. Are people calling for Jassik's long form birth certificate soon?
Over reaction much...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-17 14:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok Altima, they have no choice but to take my argument and twist it around to be something it's not.

Scarecrow arguments is all they have.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-17 15:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't even arguing, I led you to the ultimate conclusion of your argument. But you're too focused on scoring points to realize it.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-17 15:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You actually twisted the ultimate conclusion of his statement which you are now arguing was an argument and now are stating that you wasn't even arguing.. lol

Only in P&R, folks..
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-17 16:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
You actually twisted the ultimate conclusion of his statement which you are now arguing was an argument and now are stating that you wasn't even arguing.. lol

Only in P&R, folks..

I really didn't twist anything and didn't even present an argument. But you can call it whatever you want. It's just funny how you jump to his defense instinctively without even knowing where I'm going.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-17 16:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Your assuming I don't know what your saying when I do, I just don't agree with it. This all started with you twisting around what I said in the first place.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-17 16:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Your assuming I don't know what your saying when I do, I just don't agree with it. This all started with you twisting around what I said in the first place.

I was more making fun of the way your phrased it, but, again, I really have no horse in this race, so carry on.
By Altimaomega 2016-01-17 16:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, I just played off of that anyways. But this is why we can't have nice things!
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-01-17 17:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this for reals?
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-17 18:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It could not be more fake.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-01-17 18:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I really didn't twist anything and didn't even present an argument.

Oh how little your mind can hold.

It's just funny how you jump to his defense instinctively without even knowing where I'm going.
Obviously it's to make an argument you weren't making, that you made without you knowing that you never made an argument.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-17 20:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sad watching Bernie Sanders play dead while Hillary beats his face in. That's what he gets for playing nice with the Clintons I guess.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-01-17 20:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If people could manifest their personality disorders without me being the focus of discussions I'm not a part of that would be great thx ^^
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-17 20:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to watch the Dem debate today but it triggered me !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-17 20:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In case you didn't watch the Dem debate tonight.

Bernie: I"m tired of billionaires don't bail out the banks where did I put my slippers ? !

Hillary You can't prove that ! I don't remember...

Martin O Malley I'm just glad to be here !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-17 21:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at some highlights now... so far a debate over who's more anti-gun.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-17 21:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
If people could manifest their personality disorders without me being the focus of discussions I'm not a part of that would be great thx ^^

You should hear the things my imaginary friend says about you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-17 21:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice little heart-warming story here.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-17 21:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm clinging to my guns and religion damn it ! It is the only thing that keeps me warm at night.
By fonewear 2016-01-17 22:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually if we could get the Middle East to quit clinging to guns and religion we could all hold hands and sing !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-17 22:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew you guys could engage in some ridiculous arguments over some pointless things...

then the past 2 pages or so turned into some kind of bizarre us vs. them passive-aggressive, who can be the most offended rumble.

I have to give both 'sides' credit in that special care was taken not to break any obvious rules... and to top it off you guys are literally arguing for the sake of taking sides with nothing actually being argued.

Rod Serling would be amazed.

So how about that last democratic debate before the first vote?
By Jetackuu 2016-01-17 22:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just skimmed over the last two pages and am already doing well:

Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-01-17 22:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we can remove Boehner from the board now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-17 22:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the DNC is doing a crappy job of getting anyone to actually watch their debates. Low ratings, horrible time slots that compete with more interesting TV, little advertising.... It's almost like they don't actually want anyone to watch. And Clinton, who has been doing a very good job of playing defense during the debates, isn't getting much credit for it as she drops in the polls vs. Sanders and the GOP candidates. Nice work, DNC. Keep it up!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 1203 1204 1205 ... 1375 1376 1377