Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1000 1001 1002 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Time to amend the amendment to make more sense. Like hey we don't need .50 cals in peoples homes.
I'll pass, it makes perfect sense as it is. I see no reason not to have them.

Quite frankly if anyone literally attempted to repeal that amendment, they should be tried for treason.

Yes, it is a really good weapon for home defense if you can find somewhere to mount it, and mass murder.

How many innocent people have to be murdered before we don't consider protecting ourselves from needless gun violence? While still keeping our guns and simply not call the act treason?

I'll consider taking a lot of steps to prevent any kind of violence, not just gun. However I won't consider giving up our right to bear arms or restricting it further.

I really don't care why somebody decides that they want one, as long as they aren't using it to commit crimes.

Aeyela said: »
But it's not you dying for it. It's other people. And it shouldn't be your choice to make.

Fortunately it wasn't, but I see that the point escapes you.
By Aeyela 2015-10-02 11:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
we stopped caring what you brits thought 200+ years ago!

:D

Yes, that was very well evidenced today.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-10-02 11:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to amend the amendment to make more sense. Like hey we don't need .50 cals in peoples homes.

Quite frankly if anyone literally attempted to repeal that amendment, they should be tried for treason.

Yes, it is a really good weapon for home defense if you can find somewhere to mount it, and mass murder.

How many innocent people have to be murdered before we don't consider protecting ourselves from needless gun violence? While still keeping our guns and simply not call the act treason?

As an owner, I can tell you a .50 is probably the worst possible choice for home defense and/or mass murder. Which is why it isn't used for either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-02 11:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
According to the constitution? Certainly.

They had RPGs and 50 cals in the 1700s? ***, Washington deserves that 6star general title for beating back the British with horses, bayonets and Mel Gibson.
Really? That's the argument you want to make?

Certainly the people who wrote the Constitution weren't learned men or aware of how technology improves, or were entirely ignorant of history and weapons.

There's no *** way the founders could have predicted the advancement of weapons 300 years their junior so to say the Constitution is without flaws is to remind you these were the same dudes ok with owning other dudes. Weapons in the 1700s =/= weapons in 2015.

That being said, I've already conceded that more gun control isn't going to address the underlying problems that cause these massacres to be more frequent than my sex life. Further, when you can get one of these LEGALLY:

Yeah, might want to reconsider how effective blanket bans would be.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-10-02 11:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's not you dying for it. It's other people. And it shouldn't be your choice to make.

It seems people need a red bar to get any respect out of you.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Like hey if people didn't own assault rifles there be less dead children at Sandy Hook.
Yeah, no. We've covered this already, an AR15 isn't an assault rifle. Not to mention that he would have most likely just used explosives, ending up with several times that amount dead.

I don't care if only one life was saved because he had a smaller mag, had to press the trigger more, and had to reload more often. It would still have been one less child taken from a parent.
Factually debunked, smaller mags prevent nothing.

But, no, lets keep assault rifles in peoples houses.

They don't have them, but let us.

We don't need people running around with ARs.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to have it, just as we're entitled to ignore it as it doesn't add up.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 11:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In all seriousness though, I think we should hold the parents of these young lunatics accountable. I think a lot of this could be solved at home. I was reading some study the other day about how sociopathic behavior could be recognized as early as 2-3 years of age. If a parent didn't see that little *** had no empathy & needed to be treated by the child's early 20's, it's pretty easy to say that parent was negligent in their duties & should be locked up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-02 11:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »

As an owner, I can tell you a .50 is probably the worst possible choice for home defense and/or mass murder. Which is why it isn't used for either.

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 11:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Like hey if people didn't own assault rifles there be less dead children at Sandy Hook.

we can't legally have 'assault rifles' in america. they have no full auto capacity, & would be laughed right out of any modern battlefield in the world.
[+]
By Artemicion 2015-10-02 11:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to these massacres, I think guns are neither here nor there in regards to prevention. What is in bad shape is not so much our gun laws being too loose or strict, but rather the poor condition of diagnosing, preventing, and treating those with mental ailments.

But alas, this is a multi-headed hydra, and focusing solely on one head of it's many facets will be merely a band-aid to the gunshot wound (lawl).
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the constitution? Certainly.

They had RPGs and 50 cals in the 1700s? ***, Washington deserves that 6star general title for beating back the British with horses, bayonets and Mel Gibson.
Really? That's the argument you want to make?

Certainly the people who wrote the Constitution weren't learned men or aware of how technology improves, or were entirely ignorant of history and weapons.

There's no *** way the founders could have predicted the advancement of weapons 300 years their junior so to say the Constitution is without flaws is to remind you these were the same dudes ok with owning other dudes. Weapons in the 1700s =/= weapons in 2015.

That being said, I've already conceded that more gun control isn't going to address the underlying problems that cause these massacres to be more frequent than my sex life. Further, when you can get one of these LEGALLY:

Yeah, might want to reconsider how effective blanket bans would be.
Yeah, no.

There's nothing wrong with a flamethrower, please, stop.

But as weapons (at least the ones we're talking about) haven't really advanced much in the last 100 years we're only talking about a 150~ year or so gap, and yeah they most certainly knew that weapons would advance. If they had put "firearms" as the verbage I could somewhat see your point but they specifically chose arms, not just firearms, there's a reason for that.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems people need a red bar to get any respect out of you.

I gave you a lot of respect, you didn't return it. Move on.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
When it comes to these massacres, I think guns are neither here nor there in regards to prevention. What is in bad shape is not so much our gun laws being too loose or strict, but rather the poor condition of diagnosing, preventing, and treating those with mental ailments.

But alas, this is a multi-headed hydra, and focusing solely on one head of it's many facets will be merely a band-aid to the gunshot wound (lawl).
/clap
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-10-02 11:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Your definition of respect is as hilariously pathetic as your pro-gun views. I suppose this concludes proceedings.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Your definition of respect is as hilariously pathetic as your pro-gun views. I suppose this concludes proceedings.
There you go with the insults again...

Don't you have your own countries problems to complain about?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ackeron 2015-10-02 11:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 11:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

you kids have it all *** backwards. respect is something that is earned, not something to be given willy-nilly to every idiot you come across.

your mothers did you a huge disservice telling you that you were all precious and deserving of respect. she was wrong.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-10-02 11:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My country isn't quite as *** up as yours. And I live in the UK, so that's saying an awful lot.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What doesn't add up?

It is pretty established that people who don't own guns in all these other countries. Don't have these massacres like we do. Where every year or few months there is another mass shooting in the news.

Those other countries are also vastly different than ours.

There's a reason their frequency is increasing btw.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-10-02 11:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
you kids have it all *** backwards. respect is something that is earned, not something to be given willy-nilly to every idiot you come across.

I told him that earlier, actually.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My country isn't quite as *** up as yours. And I live in the UK, so that's saying an awful lot.
That's a matter of pure opinion.

Quite frankly I find that your country is severely messed up. But I don't go around telling you how to solve it by asserting that your rights should be stripped.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 11:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I told him that earlier, actually.

my bad, I've been working & wondering off to smoke a cigarette every now and again, I must've missed it.
By Aeyela 2015-10-02 11:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite frankly I find that your country is severely messed up.

Not taking that obvious troll bait. Try a bit harder, dear.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-10-02 11:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

we've got better teeth though! at least we make beautiful, free corpses.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-10-02 11:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »

I'm pretty sure that guy used to live down the road from me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-10-02 11:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What doesn't add up?

It is pretty established that people who don't own guns in all these other countries. Don't have these massacres like we do. Where every year or few months there is another mass shooting in the news.

Those other countries are also vastly different than ours.

There's a reason their frequency is increasing btw.

Because Americans are being conditioned to fear EVERYTHING?

And don't make it a left/right shitdribble. Across the board you're supposed to be completely terrified of everything. Last night I couldn't get any sleep, Vladimir Putin was cackling in my sleep in Russian.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-02 11:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite frankly I find that your country is severely messed up.

Not taking that obvious troll bait. Try a bit harder, dear.

That's not "troll bait" I never have trolled, try harder.
First Page 2 3 ... 1000 1001 1002 ... 1375 1376 1377