Meanwhile, At The Huffington Post:

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
Meanwhile, at the Huffington Post:
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 56 57 58
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-09-26 12:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I don't know what the big deal about people and the truth anyway.

Lies & deceit are a waste of my *** time. time that is very limited. they steal that precious time that can't be replaced with all of jesus's money, all the while adding nothing of value to anything.

I hope you & your kind choke & die.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-26 12:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my *** chewed out by one of my bosses yesterday because he thought I was lying to him.

I really wanted to tell him that it is perfectly possible to tell the truth and lie to him at the same time. But then I probably would have gotten my *** chewed out for contradicting him also.

Didn't help that my manager was in on that meeting either....

The truth is all about perception. Why can't people understand that?

Yes, you can easily lie using the truth. That isn't going to make someone trust you (and likely will make them trust you less), which seems to be the underlying problem.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

Lies & deceit are a waste of my *** time. time that is very limited. they steal that precious time that can't be replaced with all of jesus's money, all the while adding nothing of value to anything.

What about Jesus' wine?
By fonewear 2014-09-26 12:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Only reason to lie is to cover up another lie...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 12:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ramyrez said: »
I mean, I get the whole superficial thing I think its there for all of us to some degree...

I don't get the serial killer reference though.

I just don't see any validity -- or purpose -- in being a douchebag to someone who's clearly insecure enough to fudge their appearance. Obviously they've got issues. The polite "I'm sorry, this isn't what I envisioned and this probably isn't going to work out" is probably going to be hard enough on them already.

But that might require an ounce of insight, compassion, or empathy.

You'd feel sorry for the girl cause she's fat but not sorry to the guy for being deceived. You have no empathy for the guy's feelings whatsoever.

The guy is victim in the deception and you're turning him into the aggressor.

The only thing this guy is a victim of is his own limited knowledge of what gives a person worth.

Done trying to explain it to you. If you don't get it by now you're not going to.

Are we suppose to have respect (insight, compassion, or empathy) for someone that so outrageously lies to us before we even meet them? Would you teach your kids that?
I guess I don't get why you're so adamant about shaming someone if they lied to you. Why not just walk away?

I'm not adamant on the fact that the other party NEEDS to be shamed, but I guess I just don't see anything wrong with treating the other person with as much respect as they've treated you. I mean why am I expected to be treated like crap and just take it?
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-26 12:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, this.
If you have lied to me, you've pretty much salted the earth. I don't care so much if you have *** up. Tell me what has occurred. We can generally figure it out. Lie to me about it (or be deceitful/evasive), and let me find out about it in due time or my own accord?
Yeah.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 12:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a part of the ***pile rolling down hill.... In any case if you didn't lie then they can't do anything to you. If you did then get ready to bend over because they found out!

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Yes, you can easily lie using the truth. That isn't going to make someone trust you (and likely will make them trust you less), which seems to be the underlying problem.

I think you 3 are misunderstanding me.

It's not that I outright lie, or outright lie all the time, or often, or at all.

It's that what one person perceives as "truth" can differ with another person.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 12:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, this.
If you have lied to me, you've pretty much salted the earth. I don't care so much if you have *** up. Tell me what has occurred. We can generally figure it out. Lie to me about it (or be deceitful/evasive), and let me find out about it in due time or my own accord?
Yeah.
Where did you get this carte blanche license to be such a douche?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a part of the ***pile rolling down hill.... In any case if you didn't lie then they can't do anything to you. If you did then get ready to bend over because they found out!

It's not that I outright lie, or outright lie all the time, or often, or at all.

When you get into perception of truth to me it then starts to deal with less about the work you're doing and more about how you're doing it or something else going on in the workplace.

I think it's kinda hard to perceive something differently when you're talking about the actual work done.

In any case I was just referencing how taking ***from a boss is an eventuality and they can't really do anything to you if you didn't actually lie.
By fonewear 2014-09-26 12:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, this.
Yeah.

Abercrombie and Fitch.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 12:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 12:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-26 12:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll never lie again I tells ya !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 12:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When you get into perception of truth to me it then starts to deal with less about the work you're doing and more about how you're doing it or something else going on in the workplace.

I think it's kinda hard to perceive something differently when you're talking about the actual work done.

In any case I was just referencing how taking ***from a boss is an eventuality and they can't really do anything to you if you didn't actually lie.
Perception of truth doesn't involve or require being at work.

Yes, getting your *** chewed out by your boss is an eventuality, but at least let it be about something I did, not something that is perceived.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 12:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I included work time because the conversation you had was with your boss. soooo.......
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2014-09-26 12:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to play a game where I read the first page of a thread, and then the last... and try to figure out what happened in between.

At a loss here though, come on guys! Where's your thesis!?

Back to writing this lesson plan.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-26 12:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, this.
Yeah.
Fair enough. Lets limit the above to area regarding truthfulness to critically important areas.
In other words, not answers to social questions such as: "Did it taste good?" or "Are you fat?", and more along the lines of critically important questions such as "Did you test that before installing it on the aircraft?" or "Did you put peanuts in that person's food?"
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 13:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So to sum it up, we're supposed to feel empathy towards someone who can't stop eating all the time nor do any exercise to control their weight, but not to a person who is being setup for a deception and lied to.

In these cases switch the sexes and tell me if you'd still approve a guy who willfully deceived some girl in his appearance. Still feel sorry for the guy and call the girl a *** if she reacted like the guy did in the previous scenario?

(Didn't watch the video, just going by this ridiculous conversation.)
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 13:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not approving of what she did; I frankly see little point in deceiving anyone about appearance if you've any intention of meeting them in real life where it will become painfully obvious you were deceitful.

I'm saying I understand why, when you consider the multitude of factors in society. And it wouldn't hurt any of them to not react like complete and utter dickbags.

As for this:
Quote:
In these cases switch the sexes and tell me if you'd still approve a guy who willfully deceived some girl in his appearance.

It happens all the time. If not about looks, then lies about money, connections, job, prestige. Like I said above; whatever it takes to get a girl in bed, amirite?

I don't see a lot of people rushing to judge those meatheads.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 13:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It happens all the time. If not about looks, then lies about money, connections, job, prestige. Like I said above; whatever it takes to get a girl in bed, amirite?

I never was friends with people like that. Always thought they were tools. Reminds me of the frat guy mentality.

But then again being honest with a girl never worked much either.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 13:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

I never was friends with people like that. Always thought they were tools. Reminds me of the frat guy mentality.

But then again being honest with a girl never worked much either.

And there you have it.

It's a social experiment, so "should" she have done it is irrelevant in this case. But it assuredly happens in real life too. It shouldn't. But you can see why it may.

Honesty is the best policy when gauged vs. lies.

Compassion and at least trying to see it from the other person's side is a better policy than snap judgment and disdain because you may have been temporarily inconvenienced.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 13:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So to sum it up, we're supposed to feel empathy towards someone who can't stop eating all the time nor do any exercise to control their weight, but not to a person who is being setup for a deception and lied to.

In these cases switch the sexes and tell me if you'd still approve a guy who willfully deceived some girl in his appearance. Still feel sorry for the guy and call the girl a *** if she reacted like the guy did in the previous scenario?

That doesn't sum anything up lol...

Switch the sexes all you like... if the guy showed up and had lied about his appearance and she was a douche to him because of it then you would get the same reaction.

The conversation has been more about the reason for the reaction being what it is. Why do you have to be mean to someone because they lied to you. Why can't you address it or just walk away and move on?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-26 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, this.
Yeah.
Fair enough. Lets limit the above to area regarding truthfulness to critically important areas.
In other words, not answers to social questions such as: "Did it taste good?" or "Are you fat?", and more along the lines of critically important questions such as "Did you test that before installing it on the aircraft?" or "Did you put peanuts in that person's food?"
If you go to high level specific answers, then people generally do not lie about that.

If you go to minor details, that's where things get tricky. What is fat to one person may not be to another. That's one of those "borderline" issues where it could go either way.

Point being, even a person who is honest 100% of the time is never completely tells the truth, because of perceptions.

You can thank humanity's individuality for that.
By fonewear 2014-09-26 13:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of which:

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-26 13:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair if I find out someone has lied to a point that infuriates me, I just walk away. Like I said I didn't watch the video, just going by the conversation.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 13:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

These men are jerks cause other men lie to women in order to get laid.

Ramyrez is a self hating man.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 13:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Switch the sexes all you like... if the guy showed up and had lied about his appearance and she was a douche to him because of it then you would get the same reaction.

The conversation has been more about the reason for the reaction being what it is. Why do you have to be mean to someone because they lied to you. Why can't you address it or just walk away and move on?

Why am I not allowed to get angry at the fact that I was lied to?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-09-26 13:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Be angry all you like. Why do you feel the need to be a *** about it? It's not necassary and then you're just worse than the person that lied to you in some cases.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-26 13:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just staggering to me sometimes the amount of people that think it's okay to treat someone like dog ***because they're not physically attractive to them.

And looks do play too big of a role in our culture. If you talk to someone online but have never seen a picture of them, you connect in every way, you share a sense of humor, same hobbies, etc.

And then you meet and you find that person physically unattractive...for so many people, that's it. That's a deal breaker.

But if they're attractive, but instead have some other "flaw" when it comes to compatibility -- even if it's major -- for so many people they can "see past" that because they give you a ***/get you wet.

I fail to comprehend this mindset.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-09-26 13:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Be angry all you like. Why do you feel the need to be a *** about it? It's not necassary and then you're just worse than the person that lied to you in some cases.

Why do I feel the need to be a ***?

Why isn't it considered "being a ***" to lie to someone and completely waste their time?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 56 57 58