Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-26 11:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Augment Support is better now~!

I finished enough of the extdata library (our name for the place in the item array where augments are stored) to integrate it into GearSwap. This might have changed some of the names for augments, but they now should always match the in-game version.

I think I enabled evolith support and a bunch of miscellaneous previously unsupported augments while I was at it, but I'm not entirely sure because I don't have any evolith gear to test with. Why did I waste time on evoliths, you ask? Honestly not sure!

Debugging:
If the augmented gear that you specify in your file will not equip, it means that the augment augment table you provided is likely not matching with the library's export. To debug this, put the gear on and use "//gs export". This will automatically generate a Lua file in windower/addons/GearSwap/data/export that shows your currently worn gear complete with augments when appropriate. If you copy that table over to your user file, it should work all the time. If it doesn't work, please make an issue here:
https://github.com/Byrth/Lua/issues?direction=desc&sort=created&state=open

Thanks!
[+]
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2014-05-26 11:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the pillars of our little community, thank you! You rock, Byrth, keep up the good work and lol on your reasoning for Evolith support =)
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-05-26 13:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well done Byrth.

A thank you isn't always enough but in this case it should at least show you a small measure of gratitude.

Cleaning up the augment support is an incredible boon for GS. And for the players!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [134 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-07 13:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

are you actually specifying which augment in the tag for the piece of gear you want or just using the generic entry?

also there is a GW help thread and it helps to actually have the bit of code that isnt working.