Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-23 23:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

GearSwap v0.851 is out!
1) Most of you probably won't care, but Japanese support has been pushed. I would call this something like "super alpha version" of it, because there are probably many problems that I can't anticipate because I can't speak, write, or read Japanese.

Anyway, to activate japanese mode put:
Code
set_language('japanese')
in get_sets(). This will change spell.name to japanese and GearSwap will use japanese equipment names. There might be other changes as well, but those are the two I can guarantee. We are translating the last 4 resources files that might be useful this weekend.

2) Load command has been added (//gs l <complete file name>). It will check whether the file exists, and if it exists then it will load it.

3) I have added a gearswap/libs search path to GearSwap that takes priority over all other folders. This folder is designed to be used for libraries that can be submitted to the github repository. The idea is that people like Motenten that make commonly used library files (like his includes) can submit their includes to the Lua repository. Once the files are in the repository, they will be downloaded and updated automatically when people log in. This folder could also be used to share event-adding files, as I have described in the past.

There is one downside to it, though. If you have a file in gearswap/libs and another file with the same name in gearswap/data, gearswap/data will never load. If I don't do this, priority-wise, people with includes already in gearswap/data will not benefit from the system until they delete their old includes. It would be a problem that lurks around for ages, and I shan't tolerate such a thing!

Known bugs:
* GearSwap fails to fire the pet_aftercast phase of Mewing Lullaby. - Will be fixed in the next resources push.
* GearSwap fails to trigger for Unbridled Learning spells - Still figuring out how the server tells the client they're available.
* Augments suck - I have an extdata.lua library that I'm working on. Currently it's 3 massive tables of augments (oldest system, evoliths, new system) and a few functions. When I get it to the point where I can reliably convert extdata to/from human readable strings, I'll implement this and hopefully it'll be more durable than the current system.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-05-23 23:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
* GearSwap fails to trigger for Unbridled Learning spells - Still figuring out how the server tells the client they're available.

No wonder, I thought I was doing something wrong lol.
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Server: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2014-05-24 00:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this new version allow use of a straightforward: sets.precast.JA['Vallation'] for RUN JAs in GS? Cause for some reason with that code now JA equip doesn't trigger.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-24 01:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's due to Mote's tables. Currently it would be:

sets.precast.Ward.Vallation =
sets.precast.Effusion.Lunge =

But if you don't use the "include" file, then it should be fine as

sets.precast.JA['Vallation'] =

However, per some derping around on BG. Mote did recently say in the BG GS Shop thread that he would modify Mote-Include to allow for

sets.precast.JA['Vallation']

so keep an eye out for the updated file, I guess.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-05-24 03:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a stupid one, but did you add French JA/item/spell too ?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-24 04:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

French and German will be removed from the game soon, so support for it from our side is not possible. That said, it should still work for now, but like Japanese it has a few issues (job names for example are currently only in English). We will add the missing values for Japanese, but not for French or German.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-24 05:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually currently do not allow French and German support. It's not really a path that I want to go down at this point.

UL spells should be fixed today. Nitrous just told me what's wrong with them.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-24 06:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, now UL is fixed too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-05-24 07:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Okay, now UL is fixed too.

Awesome, thanks.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-05-24 07:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity, I want to soon swap my spellcast files over to gearswap but I sort of want to do it manually so I can get the hang of gearswap.

Would it be easier to start a gearswap from scratch, or would it be easier to take a copy of my spellcast files and kind of write over them in gearswap format?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-24 07:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The logic is handled differently (and more sensibly), so you may end up confusing yourself if you try to directly transition a file. You may be better off starting fresh and then transferring over some of your more unique rules.
 Asura.Melbufrauma
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2014-05-24 12:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

This is incorrect, GS wont even load with that format.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-05-24 13:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing wrong with that code, it should not stop GS from loading (unless you left the right hand side of the assignment empty, which you shouldn't).
 Asura.Melbufrauma
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2014-05-24 13:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.precast.Ward.Vallation = {body="Runeist Coat +1",legs="Futhark Trousers +1"}

"...Files(x86)Windower4/addons/GearSwap/data/RUN.lua:57:attempt to index field 'Ward' (a nil value)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-24 13:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You never defined the Ward table. Also, the format you're using is from Motenten's files, so make sure you're using his includes.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-05-24 15:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melbufrauma said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

This is incorrect, GS wont even load with that format.

Well according to Mote it is correct, might want to let him know then
By Fafnir 2014-05-24 19:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
GearSwap v0.851 is out!
1) Most of you probably won't care, but Japanese support has been pushed. I would call this something like "super alpha version" of it, because there are probably many problems that I can't anticipate because I can't speak, write, or read Japanese.

Anyway, to activate japanese mode put:
Code
set_language('japanese')
in get_sets(). This will change spell.name to japanese and GearSwap will use japanese equipment names. There might be other changes as well, but those are the two I can guarantee. We are translating the last 4 resources files that might be useful this weekend.

I'm not entirely sure what this changes, but for what its worth, I have been able to use gearswap reliably on the JP client from day one. My names are all written in English, but I have been able to use the same lua file in either EN or JP versions.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-24 20:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, set_langauge will just let you use JP item names and will pass something different for spell.name.
By sefalon 2014-05-24 21:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

IS There a gear swap for dummies thread? I had help on spellcast and I Just copy pasted other peoples files into spellcast. Now nothing works and I Have no clue what im doing. I cant even get gearswap to load.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-24 22:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

infact there is!

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41992/gearswap-for-dummies/
By sefalon 2014-05-24 22:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I been reading that I think I can piece stuff together but how do I load it? is there a command? also if I have a script I was using for skill ups, do I save it in that same data file as a.txt and it still work?