My Eastern Shadow camping experience so far
First Page 2
 Shiva.Ziila
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2009-08-02 14:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

First pop: Claimed, DCed immediately afterward, lost claim to a duo that wasn't even camping it
Second pop: Lost claim
Third pop: DCed right before it popped, lost claim to a bot

WHAT
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-08-02 14:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Get better internet? >.>
And your rng is lvl 29...
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-02 14:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Buy an e-bow.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-02 14:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Buy an e-bow.
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-02 14:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah fix your internetz, and stick with it. Don't buy it. 3mil is always too tempting when you want some gil - I know I'd be tempted to sell it if I had bought it instead of camping it. Funny thing is I actually tried buying it the day I got the drop, and was going to give up after that last camp. Someone marked it up 300k though and I refused to pay that, so I camped one last time and BOOM.

Plus rare/ex is just cooler. And I feel like it's more MY item when it's rare/ex. Anyone else feel that way?
 Shiva.Ziila
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Ziila 2009-08-02 14:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on it, unfortunately I am very impatient and it will take me at least a month to make 4 mil on my income
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-08-02 15:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nyzul isle too. went 1/1 NI for mine. went 1/17 on ES years ago, sold it when i got s-bow. kicked myself in the nuts after that. went 0/13 before giving up on shadow timer bc of work. gl with that.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-08-02 15:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Change your horrible picture
2. Fix your net.
3. Buy an E-Bow
4. Stop leveling RNG
[+]
 Siren.Broly
Server: Siren
user: Broly
By Siren.Broly 2009-08-02 16:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop while your ahead. I camped all the shadows and havent got but the shield. Wasted days of my life on this NM and finally put it in the braket as Argus. May not be as bad but still not worth the grey hair and bald spots from camping. I mainly wanted the r/ex X-counters but gave up when the APC started and the foot trafic went nuts from seed afterglow hunters. Not worth it anymore. Just wait for FFXIV lol
[+]
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-08-02 16:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my bow with not really any competition at all. Sure, there were the afk ToD people, but that was it. >.>; If you have the time, just keep camping it.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-02 16:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like your just having a lot of internet connection issues.

Seems to me you should have had it twice.

may want to look into fixing that before continuing on such a time extensive NM.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-02 18:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

im like 0/23 on this nm... and if the ridiculous respawn time wasnt bad enough the always there bot vokers suck >.>
been trying in nyzul but even worse luck, yay for self bows and 3 people wanting to lot on u ><
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-03 03:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1/4 on Eastern and 1/9 on Western with BLU/THF in both cases. Anything beyond 1/1 seems ridiculous for these NMs, but given my experience and the cost of the items involved I'd say it was worth the early mornings! lol

In general, if you start pursuing these NMs long after server resets are done so that the rush of initial people looking to get lucky are gone, you may find that you can seriously slack off on the NM windows and still get by. What I'd do is leave my character on and track the times between /clock statements and Conquest updates to tell if the NM has been touched yet and wait til the window is much further gone until I start killing. I think the generally accepted window is 16-30 hours, so I'd start killing after like 25-26 hours and a lot of time I'd get it the first or second pop! Just a tip in case you can keep up with the NM given your connection. D:
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-03 03:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd prolly kill myself if I camped these or Argus. I don't know how you people actually camp NMs anymore.
***is so 2004.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-03 04:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahligieri said:
Plus rare/ex is just cooler. And I feel like it's more MY item when it's rare/ex. Anyone else feel that way?

Yep. I got an E.Bow for a good price from someone, but chose to sell it and get the rare/ex. There's more pride in the rare/ex and it feels like every arrow is imbued with the pride and love I take in getting the bow.

Just throwing it out out there: 1/3. The day I got drop is the day after my brother got TH4 and I dual boxed him... Moral of the story: Shiny new TH4 works. I also agree with Caiyou; when I was camping these, the most recent maintenance was nearly a month and a half before and I had zero competition the day I got drop.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Server: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-08-03 04:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been camping this NM for the last 8 days. I'm currently 0/9 on drop, had the last 7 claims. :(
 Cerberus.Radaghast
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-08-03 04:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle said:
1. Change your horrible picture

....says the guy with a pokemon as his...
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2009-08-08 06:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I got lucky on mine, went 1/1 on it, went after a update/maint. claimed, got it to 35% and thf asked if i wanted th4 help i says sure. Duo'd to about 2% i stopped hitting let thf get killing blow and got drop.
Server: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-08-08 07:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

0/40+ on my last char on that shitty NM, id recommend just buying it. friend of mine is 0/30+ as well. my research leads me to believe that the drop rate is based on how much SE hates you
 Ramuh.Sugarcat
Server: Ramuh
user: Sugarcat
By Ramuh.Sugarcat 2009-08-08 07:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

plz dont hate me... 1/2 for my lvl 41 rng.... :)
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-08-08 09:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ya know years ago at o kote nm before they were ra/ex rmts use use programs that caused peeps to d/c if they claimed the nm or were in the spot it spawned. watched lot peeps lose nm to rmts that way.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-08 09:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Tallulah said:
I'd prolly kill myself if I camped these or Argus. I don't know how you people actually camp NMs anymore.
***is so 2004.

Rumaha said:
Ludoggy said:
Buy an e-bow.
 Seraph.Lacaan
Server: Seraph
user: Lacaan
By Seraph.Lacaan 2009-08-08 09:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Use to farm this guy for gil.. Average drop rate was 1/5 ~ 1/7 claims, TH1.

It really is best to try and keep at it IMO. It's such a great bow.

Camping NM's can be a headache, and take hours. The same can be said for farming(or use to be said.) The choice is yours to choose the lesser of two weevils. <.< I enjoyed NM hunting more, personally.
 Ragnarok.Zakules
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zakules
By Ragnarok.Zakules 2009-08-08 10:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I spent a lot of times camping this and lost many, many claims due to "campers afk" who would voke without doing anything once it popped. So I gave it up and said to myself "To hell with this"... So then I keep climbing with my Nyzul set and we kill the Eastern Shadow and I got my bow... 1/1 on Nyzul >.> I think SE just like to annoy people. xD
 Shiva.Robis
user: Robis
By Shiva.Robis 2009-08-08 10:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

2/8 on Vali's bow. 1 for my girl, and second one for me. lol for my 33 rng^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [89 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Haxorking
Server: Fairy
user: Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2009-11-05 14:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

16-32 hour respawn, that's a 16 hour window, and he almost always pops in the later end of that. So let's assume on average he spawns at 10 hours into the window, it has a 10% drop rate which means you're going to end up spending about 100 hours camping this thing, On top of that you're likely to spend 20 hrs getting the ToD so that's 120 hours, and you're not going to get claim all of the time either so lets say 160 hours. You may think this is unrealistic but I spent 8-10 hrs a day for an entire month camping this thing before I got mine. On my server Ebow is 4mil. 4,000,000 / 160 hours = 25k/hr. It's much easier to just farm for it, and the advantage is when you buy it, it's not rare/ex so you can just sell it later if you need to. If you can't make 25k/hr just give up on ebow and go for selene's, or better yet quit ranger all together lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rathz
Server: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-11-05 15:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Definantly not true Haxor. EBow is about 4m on my server. I'm a seller of VBow and I sell it for 2.2 or so and I get plenty of buyers. For me, Eastern Shadow spawns -NORMALLY- in about 8 hours the window.
 Gilgamesh.Udasai
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Udasai
By Gilgamesh.Udasai 2009-11-05 15:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

took me 6 days. 1/4
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-11-05 16:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Maintenance is coming up on the 9th, just do it then. I was able to pop mine within 5 and a half hours after a maintenance one day. Went 1/1 on him as whm/nin.

But his window can suck. Friend camping him now just had him pop at the very last possible time it could (i.e. 32 hour mark >.<) and lost claim to someone else :\
First Page 2