Partying With Pup!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Partying with pup!
Partying with pup!
By BlaTheTaru 2014-05-09 11:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am a pup salvage player. I don't really play pup much anywhere else unless it's older content like missions, nni, ni, or fun things with the ls. The wife and I were duoing salvage today, and I am wondering why my pup won't buff or cure her. Any idea why not?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-05-09 11:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Using RDM frame/head?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-05-09 11:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using rdm head, it won't interact with anyone other than yourself. Using whm head you'll see it toss out a cure or regen to party members, but it prioritizes: Master > maton > anyone else, and regen is only issued to person with hate. As far as other buffs like pro/shell/haste it's master only, also if you haven't, equip dmg gauge to prioritize cures.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-05-09 11:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If its the rdm auto then it will only buff its master and Whm auto will cast protect/shell/regen on other players if they have hate im not too sure about haste I think that might be only if another player has hate. if its not curing either id imagine you are using the rdm frame so switch to whm frame and you should be fine.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-05-09 12:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

To add on to this whm bot will only use na spells with a water maneuver active iirc.
I should clarify, will only use on others with water maneuver on.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-05-09 12:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok! I am using whm head, rdm body! She wasn't even getting pro/shell, but my major concern was haste. We are working on her pup so she can solo salvage separately. I know it can be done on a multitude of jobs, but pup would probably be the easiest for her skill level. I wasn't sure if haste/regen were master specific or not. ; ; Also, thank you for the water maneuver tip for na spells! I wasn't aware of that.
 Sylph.Lumei
Server: Sylph
user: LumineV2
By Sylph.Lumei 2014-05-09 12:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the soulsoother head, you need to use a light maneuver to get your puppet to heal others, or a water maneuver to get it to buff/remove status effects from others. If I already have both of those up and can afford to spend the time putting up another maneuver, I usually do either ice for mana booster, or dark for mana tank/converter.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
By loustic 2014-07-24 15:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A late post, but just for clarity's sake:

Aside from the Water Maneuver, the party member in question must have hate in order to receive the buffs.

If you want her to receive haste, she'll need to have received Protect and Shell first.
[+]