Gamings Toughest Challenge...according To Yahoo

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Gamings Toughest Challenge...according to yahoo
Gamings Toughest Challenge...according to yahoo
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-03 13:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear ya, i have one of those wives thing too.
 Gilgamesh.Strahd
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Strahd
By Gilgamesh.Strahd 2009-08-03 13:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It may not seem like much but I beat the original Final Fantasy on the NES with a party of whitemages. Broke my left arm that summer and decided to try it since I had nothing better to do.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-08-03 13:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Strahd said:
It may not seem like much but I beat the original Final Fantasy on the NES with a party of whitemages. Broke my left arm that summer and decided to try it since I had nothing better to do.

Seraph.Zavala
Server: Seraph
user: Zavala
By Seraph.Zavala 2009-08-03 13:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It was quite some time since I played it, so I was not too old (so maybe not so hard if I wouldve played it today). Although, friends said it was a pain as well. And that is Fantasy Zone for Master System I think. That arcade like game with a little spaceship.
If I remember correctly you needed to start from beginning if you got killed, and you had like no life at all, haha. I don't think I even made it pass level 1. Haha.
 Asura.Pyress
Server: Asura
user: pyress
By Asura.Pyress 2009-08-03 13:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

E.T. for the original Atari...
'nuff said
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-03 15:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Ive never heard of those games except for Tetris.

Console version ain't being sold outside Japan (IIDX PS2 version hit home in the NA but that version sucked).

Still you got arcade cabinet in the US with these game (at least for IIDX and PnM), Mushihime and DDP are a bit older.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-03 17:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't speak for any of the games Antipika posted (except to say holy ***o.o;) but I beat Battletoads and Blaster Master way back when. Those games were *** evil.

I've still got my NES... hmm.

Sagittario said:
Try catching the goddam Hylian Loach in Zelda OoT if you think the above is hard x_x

Catching that *** takes forever x.x
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-03 17:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Going thru Zelda OoT and Majora's mask with only the starting 3 hearts and getting no deaths in battle thing... was kinda fun though
 Lakshmi.Vetramont
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vetramont
By Lakshmi.Vetramont 2009-08-03 17:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh the memories, toughest (but most fun) for me were (all NES) Faxanadu, Master Blaster, Ninja Gaiden, and Punch-Out.

The longest games I played on NES were Star-Tropics and Ultima IV: Rise of the Avatar (both REALLY awesome games).

Honorable mention goes to Iron Tank. :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Marinae
Server: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Marinae 2009-08-03 18:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So the Death Kingdom High Knight male form of Pandora ( Warden ) In all spiritualities is the hardest to defeat? What the hell, just summon jesus to his face. 'Nuff said!
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-08-03 19:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone forgot to mention "I wanna be the guy."

I wanna be the guy.

You can look up some playthroughs on Youtube, the game is evil.
 Fenrir.Mikedx
Server: Fenrir
user: mikedx
By Fenrir.Mikedx 2009-08-03 20:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have thought Devil May Cry 3 would have been on that list. You know it's tough when you have to reissue a game to tone down the difficulty.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-03 21:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Mikedx said:
I would have thought Devil May Cry 3 would have been on that list. You know it's tough when you have to reissue a game to tone down the difficulty.

Game wasn't too hard, targeted players/consumers weren't good enough which is different. Just like if Nintendo would have released their Tetris on GB with TGM arcade difficulty level. Nobody would have bought it. DMC audience is the average gamer, which nowadays don't like failing a level more than 3 times lol...
 Gilgamesh.Aerokii
Server: Gilgamesh
user: aerokii
By Gilgamesh.Aerokii 2009-08-03 21:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You want a challenge? Try beating any of the original Ninja Gaidens without losing a single life. It's actually almost impossible, there's one level that EXPECTS you to die, otherwise you run out of time.
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-03 22:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the final level in Elite Beat Agents on hard to be a ***. after getting near perfect on the first half and STILL losing i nearly threw my ds across the room.

Einhander was another game i found hard, its a *** side-scrolling shooter that makes u restart a boss everytime u die.

I beat Super Ghouls n' Ghosts when i was 5, though i had spent MANY MANY hours playing that game to achieve that. i got the game for my SNES emulator a few days back and couldn't even make it 1/4 of the way through the first level >.>

Here's a challenge, play through Doom 3 w/o nearly shitting ur pants at least once.
 Hades.Medjai
Server: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-08-04 13:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerokii said:
You want a challenge? Try beating any of the original Ninja Gaidens without losing a single life. It's actually almost impossible, there's one level that EXPECTS you to die, otherwise you run out of time.

my friend can beat Ninja Gaiden w/o losing a life he loves that game he beat the entire game in like 2 hours i think forgot how long it actually took him but i know he finished right after i closed down the store for the night and wasnt there at the store till about maybe 3 hours at the most before closing time
 Hades.Medjai
Server: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2009-08-04 13:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also theres vids of ppl Full Comboing "Through Fire and Flames" on youtube i have yet to see someone Full Combo "young man blues" on drums the intro is just stupidly hard