What's Wrong With..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » What's wrong with..
What's wrong with..
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-01 14:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Earlier today I was in a merit party with 2 drks. One was wearing full thick gear (aside from Wturban and black legs) and the other was wearing full homam (aside from Ace's helm) to tp in. The homam drk was switching out almost all of his gear for ws (body to hauberk legs to black etc.) and the thick drk was just switching his head (to drk af). During the party the thick drk started insulting the homam drk for using homam body....so my long story short

Why is tping in homam bad compared to Hauberk? Just for tping..i know hauberk is better for ws.
 Garuda.Ishkur
Server: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-08-01 14:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

never listen to a full thick drk lol
[+]
 Sylph.Izey
Server: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-08-01 14:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

>_> Lol
 Asura.Sidi
Server: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-01 14:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Envy <.<;
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-08-01 14:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ishkur said:
never listen to a full thick drk lol

well obviously but is there anything wrong with it? b/c it carried on outside of the party and ppl in whitegate were backing the thick drk up XD
 Titan.Verdell
Server: Titan
user: Ardalus
By Titan.Verdell 2009-08-01 14:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah man, he wear thick gear cause his head is thick too.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-01 14:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

to put this in a simple answer...

Due to Homam's full Haste 12%, tping in full set would seem better.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-01 14:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To put it simply, Homam body is bad. Especially for DRK. Here's a few reasons:

1) 15 ACC is nice and all, and I'm not saying DRK couldn't use that, but DRK is the second most accurate job in the game and really does not need that much emphasis on ACC.

2) Hauberk gives 13 ACC (+3 from DEX) and an improved crit rate (2% or so, from DEX). So not counting the STR or Attack on Hauberk, it's already better for DoT than Homam body.

3) +5 STR and +10 Attack will add lots of damage to your DoT, which is where DRK gets the majority of their damage from.

4) This is about the time where the newer, less experienced people would argue that Homam body has Triple Attack on it. Big *** whoop. It's 1%. Even on THF, with ~180 delay, the 5% doesn't proc enough to even consider. Triple that delay, then divide that proc rate by 5 and you have one proc every 20-30 minutes. Yeah, awesome for TP gain.

5) Hauberk is cheaper, easier to get, and looks a lot cooler.

Now if anyone can think of a single reason why Homam body would be even worth CONSIDERING for TPing, I'd really like to know. Maybe I'd actually put this piece of crap to use.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-08-01 14:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a drk so no idea on the OP, but 5 dex =/= 2% crit.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Server: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-08-01 14:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The thick set is good for ACC and making contact but sucks for EVA, but in pty who cares.
I have had the full thick gear set at one time and it is good. IT is affordable and you cant go wrong with it.
No need to bash DRKs who have this gear set on. Its easy for all the Wealthy people who can piss away mil gils can criticize thick gear but it serves its purpose well.
Im just not the person in a pty to be critical of someones gear, unless they have Beetle armor set on at 75 well thats a different story.
DRK is fun and enjoyable no matter how u equip it. Look at gear set comparisons and use what suits u.
As DRK im all ACC, ATTK, dex and str. Thats the foremost i look for, but thats just my taste.
ANyways nice comparison on the 2 gear sets great info!
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-08-01 14:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, it's 1.5%, which will either round up or down depending on how much total DEX you have.
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-08-01 15:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

well i got something to add to this debate/discussion.....

i like turtles!