Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » To the teachers
To the teachers
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-31 14:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

While I was reading some of that "Best on Asura by job" I was thinking, you know, I didn't learn alot about BLM, RDM, or SMN just like that.

So, here is a shout out for those who taught me about the jobs I'm good at.

BLM: Strlfer because he got me interested in it again after I stopped leveling it after 30. Also taught me the importance of obis and got me really interested in sea. Slamm also because he showed me the formulas needed to determine the best gears possible for ***, and when to substitue MAcc/Skill > INT.

RDM: Strlfer got me to start that job after I got my first 75, because I didn't wana be a refresh *** all my life (as BRD). I wanted to cure also :D.
Andraus also gave me pointers about enfeebles, and that skill > all.
Slamm gave me tips about MND setup for white enfeeble spells, I thought up until then that INT > all.

SMN: Devilath showed me how powerful SMNs can be soloing. Also showed me some good gears that died after ACP came up. He also taught me the importance of wiki.

WAR: I still suck at this job, but those people who contributed to wiki helped me alot about it. Syon and Veln also showed me alot about being a good WAR.

Dynamis: Syon, Veln, and everybody from Dark Hope gave me the much needed experience of that. Plus, gave me a lot of practice at sleeping ***.

Sky: Same as dynamis, since DH did nothing but dynamis and sky until it broke.

Sea: Heavenlyknights gave me my experience needed to do anything up there. Also learned when to not die all the time :D

So, shout out to your teachers, and thank them for teaching you about ***.

They are the reasons why you aren't a noob as you were when you started this game.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-31 15:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to say Thanks to Korpg for teaching me how to make love to a man <333
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-31 15:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice if people gave advice and helped these days,instead all you seem to get is criticism for not having the best gear.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-31 15:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to Sinharvest for letting me be his rng padawan, and to Rues for showing me the basic ropes and letting me be his whm and blm (and eventually rdm) padawan. <3
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-07-31 15:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shayala said:
It would be nice if people gave advice and helped these days,instead all you seem to get is criticism for not having the best gear.

I think this is part of why people think FFXI is dead or dying. So much competition or disregard for people. I personally enjoy helping teach or get simple items for newer players. Level 50 cap items may seem too weak to casual players, but to them it's impossible and frustrating to do alone.

Being able to alleviate their stress and provide direction is really one of the better memories i have in this game. I'm currently teaching my fiance the ropes and taking a newer group through CoP.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Thank you Danimal on diabolos for showing me Samurai, and the potential the job had back when it was fairly new and nobody played it.

Thank you also to Zelba from diabolos for teaching me how to be self sufficient and mentor me for anything i needed to know.

Mostly thank you to Kubira, Trevaud, Tobaud, and Phemduk from diabolos for showing me why FFXI and good friends are a impossible to gauge combination when you do things with people you know and trust.

For siren where i am now: Otogi, Miyokonami, Corrin, Kneeru, and Shynta, thanks guys for being so awesome and all around there whenever needed both in game and out.
 Asura.Slamm
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-07-31 21:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm - ralphwiggum taught me how to play this job properly a long time ago, as well as how to solo on it and ***

also there was a few people i met when i was lvl 50 ages ago which taught me a lot about this job too, forgot their names sadly but they were good people.

dynamis - mathus taught me pretty much everything there is to know about this

sky - mathus and ccl taught me all of this within a couple days

general endgame - ccl taught me a lot of stuff on this back when i was new to it

dd - ccl was part of the reason i first started looking at non rdm formulas like for dd jobs and stuff so i could give ls members and friends advice and what works best

tank - ccl mathus and yogehi all influenced me to buy tanking gear for rdm finally and tanking with mathus and ccl was good fun as well as good experience.

sea - ccl taught me some stuff on this before we went off to explore there and pop mobs on our own to test them and stuff

einherjar - mathus and ccl both taught me a lot on this, ccl still teaches me a couple new things with it sometimes

salvage - lordwafik and aurik's info i found from searching on Google helped a lot to help me get morrigan gloves.

lastly everyone who edits the ffxi wiki pages with correct info deserve a lot of credit as those pages help us all and teach us a lot
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-31 21:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
I'd like to say Thanks to Korpg for teaching me how to make love to a man <333
^this

Lu you win my troll of the year award... seriously man, you're crazy!
 Asura.Pyress
user: pyress
By Asura.Pyress 2009-08-03 12:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Stun (no longer playing) You made me finish blu as my first 75, even tho everyone said try a different job first. Also Agoran you helped me finish most of my level caps and really got me to want 75, instead of just levelling lower jobs all the time.
and always TY Devadander for getiing me hooked on this game/addiction^^ Many others have helped me as well, but those three are the foremost in my mind, sadly none of them are still around ><
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-03 13:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on Shiva, I would like to thank:

Strata for teaching me the ways of Red Mage and even helping on AF back when I was a total noob, and also for getting me into and teaching me about Samurai, which sadly has lost its true purpose and meaning since the release of ToAU.

A shout out goes to Razzik for teaching me the ways of sky and sea to which otherwise I would be hopelessly lost, clueless and prone to aggro in the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE spaces.

Thank you to Guniuni and Amadeus for helping me complete CoP with an incredible static group despite the fact you two had already completed CoP before and just wanted to help.

A few other inspirations and good friends for helping me get though things in game: Kelson, Neorei, Sanoshin, Hylowa, Skold, Alina, Darka, and finally Cauter for giving me another shot at endgame.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-08-03 13:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ronoa helped me with general knowledge. Job specifics were taught from random people along the way. Eventually I paved my own way to destiny.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Server: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-08-03 13:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

id like to thank the wiki.

and random guides written on it.

and myself
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-08-03 13:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC: Wiki and Personal Knowledge

WHM: Prauge/Sifridus/Natsuhiko

BLM: Rosstar/Sinestry

SAM: Kimonal
 Ifrit.Dinarii
Server: Ifrit
user: Dinarii
By Ifrit.Dinarii 2009-08-03 13:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG: Career RNG. learned alot myself through trial/error.
THF: my old friend Dynamism who no longer plays, but *** WoW like a douche.
BLM: My dad, who is probably one of the best blm i've ever seen play the game, let alone the fact he's also elvaan
RDM: i dont know ***
SMN: my mum and vorrahl.