20 kids stabbed
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Railbender
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Toknherb
By Asura.Railbender 2014-04-09 09:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

20 kids stabbed, this is like 35 minutes from my house (though my kids don't go to this district.)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/justice/pennsylvania-school-stabbing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 09:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

While it is sad that kids are stabbed, the first thing that comes into my mind is: boy I'm glad they weren't shot.

Because like we need another gun control debate around here.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-04-09 09:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching this on the news right now, the way the reporters and "experts" are reacting is funny. Since a gun wasn't involved, they can't use the "gunz r bad, mm'kay" rhetoric.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 09:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i always said you could harm more children in a school setting with a knife just because you can be stealthy
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 09:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this could be played into the gun control crowd.

It goes to prove that it isn't guns themselves who kill people, but people who kill people.

Take away guns from society and you will have the "death by knives" go up by around the same amount as "death by guns" was.

People will kill each other regardless of the method and tool used to do the job...
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-09 09:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
While it is sad that kids are stabbed, the first thing that comes into my mind is: boy I'm glad they weren't shot.
Better reason to say that: it's actually quite difficult to kill someone by stabbing. Oh, it can be done, but there's a reason why you'll read a news report saying that someone got stabbed 87 times and still lived to tell the tale.

Edit:
In the meantime, you seem determined to turn this into the thread you don't want it to be. Business as usual, huh?
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 09:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm fairly certain many people have survived multiple gunshot wounds
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 09:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Better reason to say that: it's actually quite difficult to kill someone by stabbing. Oh, it can be done, but there's a reason why you'll read a news report saying that someone got stabbed 87 times and still lived to tell the tale.
Apparently you don't know that slitting one's throat is just as effective as shooting them in the neck.

More silent too.

Guns allow the killer to be less accurate and further away than knives, but knives does the job better than guns can.
[+]
 Asura.Railbender
user: Toknherb
By Asura.Railbender 2014-04-09 09:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently you don't know that slitting one's throat is just as effective as shooting them in the neck.

More silent too.

Guns allow the killer to be less accurate and further away than knives, but knives does the job better than guns can.

No one gives a ***, go somewhere else.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 09:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

if i ever go on a killing spree definitely goin with a knife
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-09 09:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes; if those kids were shot, someone would have to reprimand them for being an inconvenience to P&R forum posters.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 09:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Railbender said: »

More silent too.

Good luck with that.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 09:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah jos but then you would have the *** like me that really needs to pee when its all full and bam nude twitching kid pissin himself on the floor
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 09:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

Yes; if those kids were shot, someone would have to reprimand them for being an inconvenience to P&R forum posters.
I wasn't talking about this forum, I was talking about in the US.

Apparently you forgot about Sandy Hook. We (in the US) haven't. We have to hear about it every time somebody gets shot.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 09:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

just make school uniforms riot gear already
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 09:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Imagine if every high school student got mace and a taser as part of school supplies along with training to use it.

Anyone who pulls out a knife or gun in school would just get *** wrecked lol
Then we would have multiple assault charges in every school every day.

Because handing weapons to children is always a good idea...even if they are trained...
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 09:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so now that guns/knives have been done who's the crazy *** thats goin to school with a flamethrower?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2014-04-09 09:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

School shooting? BAN CALL OF DUTY!

School stabbing? BAN, uh.... ASSASSIN'S CREED!
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-09 09:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently you forgot about Sandy Hook. We (in the US) haven't. We have to hear about it every time somebody gets shot.

I haven't forgotten about anything, and I happen to live in the US. I just find it somewhat amusing that anytime something like this happens, certain people worry more about the effect it will have on their right to own guns, than they do about the actual victims of the ordeal. Maybe my empathy is above average, I don't know.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 09:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

then there are folks like me who believe this is just human nature to *** destroy ***and that crazy people will always find a way
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 09:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't forgotten about anything, and I happen to live in the US. I just find it somewhat amusing that anytime something like this happens, certain people worry more about the effect it will have on their right to own guns, than they do about the actual victims of the ordeal. Maybe my empathy is above average, I don't know.
What can you do to help the actual victims from here anyway? Protest the fact that they got stabbed? Will that do any good at all?

Face it, you are just as important as I am. In other words, we are both worthless in the grand scheme of things. Unless you take time out of your life to go give blood that goes straight to one of the victims, then what you are doing here is pointless.

I just pointed out that we don't need another gun control debate in America, and what I first thought of when I saw this.

Oh, and for the record, I own more non-projectile weapons than I do projectile. So, restricting guns for everyone isn't going to effect me at all, since I don't really own any. I do find it funny that people think that criminals will abide by the law though....
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-09 09:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Railbender said: »

I don't know what you were expecting when you first post a topic that can easily be related to gun control.

Personally, I wonder what was the perspective of the stabber. We never really hear their perspective. What happened psychologically that made this happen? Was it some sort of learned helplessness that resulted in an outraged killing frenzy? I refuse to believe every single one of these school shooting type events are due to people being psychotic, but have an underlying cause that can be realized and prevented.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-09 09:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This doesn't need to be a gun debate just because it's a kinfe this time, that doesn't suddenly make it a, "Oh look crime still happens when it's not guns" debate, it's a tragic situation that can feasibly happen, no debate.

The only reason there is ever a gun debate is because guns have one purpose, to harm and because of that there is ample reason for guns to be restricted/banned.

Knives on the other hands have other uses besides harm, you can't ban knives and if someone wanted to go on a killing spree with a knife, it would be very easy to get a knife but there's nothing you can do about that, there's also the fact to hurt someone with a knife you either have to get close to them or throw the knife at them and potentially lose your weapon.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 09:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
ok so now that guns/knives have been done who's the crazy *** thats goin to school with a flamethrower?

I hope that doesn't happen now, although I'm a bit twisted and would laugh as I'd recall this post. I would feel horrible about it, but I wouldn't be able to help it.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-04-09 10:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i think hell needs a few extra heaters... i actually find kings posts to be the more logical ones in here... 0.0
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-04-09 10:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this could be played into the gun control crowd.

It goes to prove that it isn't guns themselves who kill people, but people who kill people.

Take away guns from society and you will have the "death by knives" go up by around the same amount as "death by guns" was.

People will kill each other regardless of the method and tool used to do the job...
You mean people injure people? It doesn't look like anyone died.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
This doesn't need to be a gun debate just because it's a kinfe this time, that doesn't suddenly make it a, "Oh look crime still happens when it's not guns" debate, it's a tragic situation that can feasibly happen, no debate.

The only reason there is ever a gun debate is because guns have one purpose, to harm and because of that there is ample reason for guns to be restricted/banned.

Knives on the other hands have other uses besides harm, you can't ban knives and if someone wanted to go on a killing spree with a knife, it would be very easy to get a knife but there's nothing you can do about that, there's also the fact to hurt someone with a knife you either have to get close to them or throw the knife at them and potentially lose your weapon.
Wrong, they have one purpose: to fire a projectile.

Certainly we could ban assault knives!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-09 10:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
i think hell needs a few extra heaters... i actually find kings posts to be the more logical ones in here... 0.0
It was bound to happen eventually.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-04-09 10:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if this will cause a "war on knives" uproar.

Chefs, cooks and hunters must unite to stop this from becoming a reality!

OH MAN COULD YOU IMAGINE FOOD NETWORK JUST GOING ALL OUT ON THIS.

..I don't care if it's not relevant to the topic, that ***would be cra-cra.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15