users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Ohtas: new h2h
Ohtas: new h2h
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-07 13:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohtas 99 119 Hand-to-Hand DMG:+93 Delay:+54 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity-10 Automaton: "Refresh"+1 "Regain"+10 PUP

So another typo or real? This reminds me of burt's from T3 way back when... at least those were +10 for a while before they were fixed.

I guess we can hope, would be pretty game changing for both puppet damage and tactical switch.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-04-07 13:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"Trance" On Dancer
1 level of enhanced Trance will add 10 TP.
This is a tangentially related system-side note, but there is a decimal point in TP values. It was difficult to represent this in the UI so it shows as whole numbers instead. In the future we might add abilities and armor that affect TP in decimals. We are discussing whether it is possible to change the UI display so that the maximum TP is instead 3000 to make it easier for players.

It's 1/TP a tick.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-04-07 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Like others have been pointing out, SE did something to calculations where they added an additional "0" to make things easier and also considering they have +1 to refresh, we can safely assume it's realistically only 1 tp per tick, but a nice piece regardless.
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-07 13:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Tinhaspa for Acc/party situation, Oats for solo situation, not sure what these would be really useful for if it's just 1/tick.

Lower delay/lower damage useful in anything? Also, the enmity-10 kind of confuses me...
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-04-07 14:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have access to Oats or just want something for certain events where you throw your maton at mobs it's nice, but there are other options, none of these new items seem ground breaking, just some decent options they adding for people.
By deadwired 2014-04-07 15:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless these are gonna get beefed up at a later date i can't see jumping out of Tinhaspa and into these. When i heard new JSE i thought oh cool new aftermath weapons.... swing and a miss i guess.
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-07 17:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd use these for dyna farming. Oats/Tinhaspa kill things way too fast for proc that I end up using eminent h2h to farm. Other than farming I can't see much use out of these other than niche situations.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-07 17:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Required mats:

cehuetzi pelt, darksteel claws and adaman sainti
150 plutons, beitetsu or riftborn boulders
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-09 03:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just made these. Confirming regain is 1/TP a tick. Weapon isn't as bad as I thought. Pummels are noticeably weaker but I think I prefer attacking faster. I'll make these my default and use oats when I need the evasion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-04-09 03:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The delay seems to inflat over to the auto's ws and spread out your own ws dmg with your normal hits. <- makes sense in my mind.

Perhaps better with a tank auto and the pup is sub mage with these h2h?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-09 04:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"New" gear displays different information than we're used to because of how the server interprets TP. You'll never see that you have, say, 177.3 TP, but the server will always be reading it as 1773 TP to account for the additional decimal. Therefor, the server will read 100.0 TP as 1000, 300.0 TP as 3000, 155.5 TP as 1555, et cetera. SE's just chosen, for one reason or another that we may never truly comprehend, to start including the extra decimal place in gear and ability descriptions 11 years after the fact.