How Would You Reply To This Email?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » How would you reply to this email?
How would you reply to this email?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 15:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

the question was simple, the answer was simple...

NO

that is what I'm talking about my good man.

P.S.

I feel so much better now, my drugs kicked in.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-07-29 15:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I never knew you guys alone ran/made this site, its good enough to seem like a much bigger operation. All i have to say is Good job and thank you!
 Asura.Skinwalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Skinwalker 2009-07-29 15:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg said:
inappropriate member conduct (Asura server)

To whom it concerns,   It is obvious posts towards characters are not screened for content by your website. This is not appropriate code of conduct by the webmaster. I am writing to inform you that comments posted towards the character "Flux" by the character "Ravenfornow" are totally inappropriate and requested to be removed ASAP. I do not appreciate the language or tone of the comments, and furthermore ffxiah.com is not a forum for private in game matters. There are GM's for such situations such as relations between players for resolution. Please removed the derogatory comments ASAP. I am not a subscriber to ffxiah.com nor a member and do not post on this website for any reason. Your action is requested. Thank you for your time.   -Flux

In no way is this electronic address to be used for any other purpose but to reply and address this specific E-mail message. Currently I receive no spam in this account from any source and I expect my E-mail anonymity. If I start receiving spam from your ffxiah.com or its "network" affiliates I will be forced to take further action. I take privacy infringement, unsolicited patronage and harassment via electronic mail very seriously! I trust you will not add and/or store any listing(s) and/or reference(s) to this address in any mailing list and/or database it may occur that ffxiah.com and/or its "network" affiliates operates.

The comment is:
"oh those ***...
People standing where all the traffic is...I'm sure everyone will check people for their goods if they hide in the back of a shop where nobody gos."

inappropriate?

Ummm...what?

Liela said:
Oh for goodness sake. People say '***' in the real world all the time. Perhaps Flux has never stepped outside his/her house?

You have to admit that this is a distinct possiblity.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 15:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure Flux would FREAK if he/she saw the word ***.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-29 15:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't even respond to it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-29 15:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with Haseyo. Or if I did respond I'd throw the word '***' around a few times in the letter.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 15:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

that email would be printed out and put on the "Hall of Shame" prickboard.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-29 15:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'd youtube the video of "***" (I believe by Dennis Leary, unsure) to respond back.
[+]
 Fairy.Bruser
Server: Fairy
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-07-29 15:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I would go to the comment and start rating it up >.>"
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-29 15:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This kid is probably somewhere between the ages of 7 and 12, been sheltered all his life, never played a video game rated T or higher (aside from this one), never read some of the CS dialogue (Oh no SE, ur game cusses i demand u take it off now), and probably has never heard any sex stories. THAT BEING SAID, Dubont has commented on his page. ***will start.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-29 15:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Real mature, Dubont.
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-29 15:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I KNOW! but im not mature ^^ and nor do i claim to be. Also, its fun (for me) to mess with people who were obviously sheltered. And this kid was obviously complaining (due to the comment posted by the other guy) about ppl standing in front of AHs and Mog Houses. Aka, he's an idiot.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-29 15:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BAN HIM!1
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-29 15:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

whats funny is the original comment is +10
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2009-07-29 15:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of the extra attention to his page that was actually generated by *this very thread*, along with all the new comments made to it that most likely wouldn't have been placed there if this hadn't become a matter of public opinion, I think his feelings (no matter how irrational) are now only going to get exacerbated. :p

The practical solution would be to either suggest to him to register (in order to remove any comments personally and/or disable comments) or, if you anticipate things like this happening again, perhaps code it such that--by default--comments can't be made on unregistered users' pages.
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-07-29 15:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Esh, ppl gonna get carried away and I don't want someone to get a lawsuit or anything >.>" maybe just delete it.
This is the only site I have access at work that is ffxi related lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 15:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE...

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-29 15:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait for about 200+ emails to hit your dbox then reply:

"The admin has 242 emails to process before yours."

Or whatever the GM text is.
 Sylph.Izey
Server: Sylph
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-07-29 15:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You just embarressed yourself by even sending that message Mr.Flux, now for your viewing pleasure... please proceed to look up new Naratu episodes on Youtube so you can Rick rolled. Have a nice day.

-Izey (Lol...)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 15:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Faisa said:
Spam him, then spam his lawyer.
^ This.

Galvaya said:
We should all go post on Flux's name, and just say meaningless ***, lol.
^ This too! LOL!

But in all seriousness This is the best solution:
Haseyo said:
I wouldn't even respond to it.
Just ignore him, there's nothing illegal going on here and not much he can do.

If you guys (the admins) take anything he says serious, or take any action against our freedom of speech, then the terrorists, er A-Holes, have won.

Flux said:
There are GM's for such situations such as relations between players for resolution.
GMs are for disputes in the actual game governed by the rules SE sets Einstein, not forums ran by other people who are not affiliated with SE. These forums have the right to be ran however the Admins feel free to do so.

Flux said:
I am not a subscriber to ffxiah.com nor a member and do not post on this website for any reason. Your action is requested.
If you're not a subscriber, not a member, and do not post on this website then how do you even know such a comment exists? Again Freedom of speech. Nobody is giving out any real information on you, or even defacing your real life self, just a comment towards a character you have on a game. If you don't like what you are reading, then go to another website. Nobody is forcing you to come to this website. End of Story. And you can request whatever you want. The action taken though seems to be to dismiss your complaint due to it's nonsense.
[+]
 Fairy.Deist
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-07-29 15:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I would wait a while, tell him how many emails you have before you reach his. Then, give the same *** answers GM's give when you do a GM call. "We will investigate the matter, is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Because all in all FFXIAH.com has a lot of ***talk, but not as bad as BG, but then again every forum has trolls. IRL we call those bullies - which tend to be fat kids, who pick on other fat kids. Anyways I move away from the point... the kid needs to grow some balls/get thicker skin/get out of his moms house and see the world.
 Asura.Ravenfornow
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ravenfornow 2009-07-29 15:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Scragg said:
Wall-o-text

lol =X
sorry if I made any trouble to you...
but I got a few /tells while afk bazarring in front of the moghouse in lower jueno it was basically "QQ why do you gotta stand in the way where all the traffic goes? I'll never buy from people like you!"
he wasnt on so I left him a comment on here since I see he uses this site.
 Fairy.Deist
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-07-29 16:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:
[Again Freedom of speech.

Thats saying that the website itself operates inside the US. Some of the admins I see are not from the US, I don't know many of the online speech rules but I would think for this to be true, it would have to be operated entirely in the US? I am likely wrong so I will shut up...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 16:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenfornow said:
Scragg said:
Wall-o-text

lol =X
but I got a few /tells while afk bazarring in front of the moghouse in lower jueno it was basically "QQ why do you gotta stand in the way where all the traffic goes? I'll never buy from people like you!"

OOOOOOHHHHHHH.... is that what that jerkoff was talking about?

I HAVE THE PERFECT SOLUTION FOR FLUX...

KILL YOURSELF....wait, wrong solution...

BUY FROM ANOTHER BAZAAR

ok, right one :)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-29 16:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenfornow said:
Scragg said:
Wall-o-text

lol =X

A hero is among us!
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-29 16:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol nah raven its obvious that the kid is really young, really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and really sheltered.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 16:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Deist said:
Chaosx said:
[Again Freedom of speech.

Thats saying that the website itself operates inside the US. Some of the admins I see are not from the US, I don't know many of the online speech rules but I would think for this to be true, it would have to be operated entirely in the US? I am likely wrong so I will shut up...

Basically in order to operate under the laws of the United States, as long as the physical server is in the US, then it applies. A whois only reveals the company from which they buy the right to the domain name is in CA. Does not mean though the actual server is in the US. Doing a tracert, it looks like the physical server is in Texas somewhere. Only the owner and/or admins would know for sure though.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-29 16:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Ravenfornow said:
Scragg said:
Wall-o-text

I got a few /tells while afk bazarring in front of the moghouse in lower jueno it was basically "{Whiny *** comments}"

Solution for Flux...
KILL YOURSELF

SUMMARIZED FOR THE SLOW-READING!
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-29 16:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, seeing how Scragg's in Texas... >.>
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-29 16:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah and for all you people who suggested to handle this like a GM would with the "The admin has 242 emails to process before yours.", etc. don't forget to give the best answer GMs like to give afterwards, but altered to fit the site: "There is not a problem with the website, it is working as intended." lol!