Jaggedy - Eared Jack Stories? Please Post Your Story

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Jaggedy - Eared Jack Stories? Please post your story
Jaggedy - Eared Jack Stories? Please post your story
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-29 15:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the drop rate on it?
 Pandemonium.Wickster
Server: Pandemonium
user: Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-07-29 16:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
whats the drop rate on it?

1.4%
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-29 16:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i think it lies. i really do its like te lie when scrolls of refresh first came out
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-29 16:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember when I first ever got a char to 30 rdm, I ran through East Ronfaure and said "Oh look a wierd named rabbit!" killed it then kept going but it didnt drop anything. Few years later I am xping my mithra in East ronfaure, 10 thf atm lol and was with a friend he was lvl 12 and it popped so I claimed it. I died but a nice whm rose me while my friend had it still and I killed it weakened and no drop lol.

Never killed it again lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-29 16:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We were going to do garrison(wiiii!)...me looking at widescan...there it is o.o
droped pt...killed it...no drop...everyone is mad at me for leaving for 30seconds.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-07-29 17:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wickster said:
I am currently 0/3 on the rabbit charm drop, and looking for helpful hints to force that charm out of that fuzzy bunny! Thanks for your stories/hints/suggestions!

Heres a hint, BUY the damn charm lol, you could make the money to buy it tenfold in the time it will take you to get the drop ><
[+]
 Bahamut.Razorback
Server: Bahamut
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2009-07-29 17:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

First and only time I saw Jack was about 2 years ago. My LS of the time was doing garrison (yes lolgarrison) so i go wandering around and just see him sitting there. I didnt know who or what it was and the LS just said KILL IT!. no drop. ah the memories of noob days...
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-29 17:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If there werent so many garrison shells on asura crashing the prices of everything garrison would still be a good money maker on asura >=\
 Quetzalcoatl.Taxero
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taxero79
By Quetzalcoatl.Taxero 2009-07-29 18:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's someone who posted a great video on how to camp JEJ with explanations on higher chances to get the drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-07-29 18:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
If there werent so many garrison shells on asura crashing the prices of everything garrison would still be a good money maker on asura >=\

we have garrison shells? First I heard about that ***.
 Asura.Xedal
user:
By Asura.Xedal 2009-07-29 19:19:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the day.. on my first char Dalight, I was a level 13 BLM (BLM/WAR O.o) and bumped into him, I was like "WOW A RABBIT WITH A DIFFERENT NAME!", proceeded to kill him, and got the drop =o Didn't have a clue what it was until I asked my LS at the time, this was back when it sold for atleast a mil... So I am 1/1 on it, never plan on doing it again lol, I like my record there. I would say best of luck to you getting it, and general rule of thumb, you just have to be very very very lucky.
 Gilgamesh.Mayuh
user: Mayulaa
By Gilgamesh.Mayuh 2009-07-29 19:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Run into it, while i was returning home from skilling fishing in the zone & 1/1 on drop @ Easter day. ( true story :p )
 Shiva.Shinsonja
Server: Shiva
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2009-07-29 19:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

JEJ 1/1
back when i was looking at getting a good steal build for my thf maat fight i lucked out on this NM with thf/rng (widescan yes please), happy days compared to still 0/infinity on mee deggi the punisher /fume.

in the end i fought maat anyway 1/1 didnt even bother risking a steal build but i still use it for gold beastcoins when farming keys for af ls peeps.

LL 1/3
VE 1/1
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-07-29 20:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Taxero said:
Here's someone who posted a great video on how to camp JEJ with explanations on higher chances to get the drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

LOL
 Caitsith.Shiros
Server: Caitsith
user: Shiros
By Caitsith.Shiros 2009-07-29 21:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 0/2. =( It bites.
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-07-29 21:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was awesome... killed the little guy in Nyzul Isle and the ??? Necklace appraised to it.
 Midgardsormr.Kyorie
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Kyorie
By Midgardsormr.Kyorie 2009-07-29 22:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw him once when I was leveling up DNC and it was at 7.
Some guy was running from him and I hit him because he was unclaimed thinking it was easy.

When it killed me I quickly changed to THF75 with TH3 and got 0/1.

I'm not trying this *** again.
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-07-29 22:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

confirmed solo 10sch/5whm.

lol

0/1 charm
 Pandemonium.Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-07-30 08:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, 0/5 now....... but I am 5/5 for stealing that damn carrot! Maybe that's my problem?
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-07-30 08:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well 0/5 is not too much! I heard many 0/50 up to 0/100+! They can't all drop their item too fast or everyone would have everything! One day it will drop! /psych! Anyway in 6 level you don't need it anymore! As of the steal+ gears let me tell you that they do no work very well! ^^;
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-07-30 08:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The first time I encountered old Jack I was a noob WHM lvl 12(no subjob),I had no idea what he was but thought i'd have a go. If it hadn't been for a passing high level mage casting cure II on me i'd have died for sure...i'd already used all my own MP and had about 12 HP left,Jack was at about 25% ^^
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-30 09:14:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I've only seen him once and he was already claimed. I've never been in the zone to level a new job so camping him has never happened.
 Pandemonium.Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-07-31 22:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so tonight I got on (0/8) btw, and this A$$BAG gets on (75 RNG) and let's me kill the placeholders for 45 mins. JEJ pops and the RNG stole him from me! I am now done hunting JEJ for good!!
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-31 22:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I tell other NM stories too in here, since I already said my JEJ one? If not, then ignore the wall-o-post below.

Ok, so the other night I'm in Korrokola tunnel on my 75 thf (subbing blm) farming slime oils. And I see this little side hallway and was all 'Oh, never been down there before' so I go trotting down it, confident that I can whup the arse of any mob in a level nub tunnel. And I see this NM, Jammer Leech. And I'm all 'Oh, NM, let's play!' So I hit it with my puny thf's knife for a whopping 35~ points of damage, and it crit hits me and drops me instantly to yellow health. So I panic, of course, disengage, flee, and hide. After my panic subsided, I looked up Jammer Leech and found it was only in the level 50's. /blush! Anyways, good ego-check to realize every once in awhile that no matter how high level you are, there is always a leech that can beat you senseless!

Then tonight Rues and me went and duo'ed BLuestreak Gyugyuroon for my qiqirn collar. We got it on the first drop! :D! So we went outside when we were done to grab chocobos, and guess who was out there staring at us when we left? Hydra and two lovely little Even Match air elementals. D: We weasled our way around him and didn't end up as hydra dinner tonight, but it was touch and go there for a sec!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-07-31 23:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Liela said:
Can I tell other NM stories too in here, since I already said my JEJ one? If not, then ignore the wall-o-post below.

Ok, so the other night I'm in Korrokola tunnel on my 75 thf (subbing blm) farming slime oils. And I see this little side hallway and was all 'Oh, never been down there before' so I go trotting down it, confident that I can whup the arse of any mob in a level nub tunnel. And I see this NM, Jammer Leech. And I'm all 'Oh, NM, let's play!' So I hit it with my puny thf's knife for a whopping 35~ points of damage, and it crit hits me and drops me instantly to yellow health. So I panic, of course, disengage, flee, and hide. After my panic subsided, I looked up Jammer Leech and found it was only in the level 50's. /blush! Anyways, good ego-check to realize every once in awhile that no matter how high level you are, there is always a leech that can beat you senseless!

Then tonight Rues and me went and duo'ed BLuestreak Gyugyuroon for my qiqirn collar. We got it on the first drop! :D! So we went outside when we were done to grab chocobos, and guess who was out there staring at us when we left? Hydra and two lovely little Even Match air elementals. D: We weasled our way around him and didn't end up as hydra dinner tonight, but it was touch and go there for a sec!

CONGRATS! ^^
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-31 23:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ty ^^ I was blooming excited to get that necklace! lol
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-07-31 23:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming back from a dynamis basty, I caught a tele holla w/ a friend. Was wanting to make some animal glue, so on the way to sandy I'm popping every hare in sight w/ my ranged on thf. I make it into ronfaure ad commence to one shotting every bunny in sight and the next thing I know the alliance is like congrats and what not. Apparently, I 1 shotted good ole JEJ w/o even knowing it! checked my inventory go go TH! Rabbit Charm! I've gotten him a few more times after that, but have only gotten the charm 3x but meh it's not worth much these days.
[+]