Equipment Sets

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » equipment sets
equipment sets
By aiyah4la84 2014-03-23 18:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post an updated list of sets pup should aim for? middle and high tier please. I just came back to xi and would like to know whats still good and what is not. thnx
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-25 08:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try and make em throughout the day and post them here. All of them are probably my personal preference, however, and will not be mathed out like other people usually do.

If you are just starting out on PUP and want gear to work for, the foire set is amazing for everyday solo play, other sets if you get more involved such as ACC set for Ark Angels (I'd probably go on a different job, as with pup you are limited to normal difficulty)

Usages will be in the comments of all the sets -

dual tp
ItemSet 321468

Master only tp
ItemSet 321469

Ranger frame focus
ItemSet 321470
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-25 09:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was just coming back and new to pup I would aim for this set

ItemSet 321471

the Foire gear is very easy to get (can do sparks or SKCNM), and will probably take 2 weeks tops at very casual playing.

You might also want to get Kuku-stone or Moepapa-stone, they are both very cheap, and can be useful until you get sash from tojil.
 Leviathan.Skinnymcgee
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Skinnymcgee 2014-03-27 12:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished Kenkonken, I'm looking for some ideal sets if anyone can help me out.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-27 13:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel said: »

If you're also fighting with the master, I would strongly advise against focusing too much on the puppet at expense of FAR better master options. A handful of pieces are strong enough for master and puppet to be worth it:

* Regimen Mittens
* Pantin Cape
* Hurch'lan Sash maaaaaybe(if you need the haste to cap for master, or need Acc - otherwise, Windbuffet should be better.)
* Foire+1 body only if you're also concerned about defense (otherwise stick with Thaumas)

I don't think Foire head/legs/feet are ever worth using if you're also fighting with the master. That puppet haste just won't make up for the big loss of master damage from better stuff like Uk'/Whirlpool masks, Mani boots, Quia/Kaabnax/Mani legs, etc.

For 100% pet focus (for instance, letting the puppet solo reives) I'll toss out a few often forgotten pieces:
* Omodaka Hizayoroi - still great and not hard to get solo, better than Empy+2/AF choices
* Murzim Zuchetto
* Puppetry Torque - might as well toss it on if you have the inventory
* Rigor Baghnaks - Tinhaspa's combo of Atk/Racc probably beats the higher acc of Rigors for most pure-pet applications, but either one is better than something with zero pet stats like Oatixur
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-27 14:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree when it comes to solo situation on fodder mobs (maybe kamhir drift mobs) while playing with trust npc. A full haste setup with turbo charger 1 and 2 on VE frame with 1 wind manuever seems almost 100 fists like. On fodder mobs, the puppet's input has a great deal compared to something else.

Now going to delve/ AA/ etc. I agree, there should only be a focus on master, so much to the point that if you don't have divinator you should only be using sooth or storm puppets.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-27 14:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree when it comes to solo situation on fodder mobs (maybe kamhir drift mobs) while playing with trust npc. A full haste setup with turbo charger 1 and 2 on VE frame with 1 wind manuever seems almost 100 fists like.

Now going to delve/ AA/ etc. I agree, there should only be a focus on master, so much to the point that if you don't have divinator you should only be using sooth or storm puppets.

So much wrong with this post.

1) Parse this and get back to me rather than just saying "seems almost 100 fists like". I've tested, with both turbo chargers, and my testing shows it just isn't worth it, the pet definitely swings faster but you won't make up for the much stronger master damage (unless you just don't have better master gear options yet).

Master is stronger than puppet, plain and simple. This is not reasonable to debate. Anyone who ever parses can easily see it, it doesn't matter how much you gear for the puppet. Focus on your strength, and make only minor sacrifices from master stats to buff the puppet.

2) Also, VE frame??? No. Sharpshot is FAR better for damage despite swinging slower. Armor Piercer is too good both for damage and the defense down effect.

3) Delve/AA? Accuracy isn't the issue, if you have a puppet up close it's going to die to AoE quickly. THAT'S why you'd prefer a backline puppet like Soulsoother. Note that as a practical matter this only matters for AA, since nobody brings PUP to Delve (but if they did, my comment stands)
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-27 14:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll parse it. I enjoying having VE build tp quickly with this setup and then string shredder > pummel. Not that parse matters in personal playstyle when playing solo, but ill match up the dps with this and master focus with ranger frame. I'll use Master only TP set I have above, only thing is ill change oatixur to tinhapsa since I am R15ing them now, and ill change divinator to em. animator since I got beat out on div lot during last week's DM run.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-03-27 14:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that parse matters in personal playstyle when playing solo

It matters in the sense that you can get a feel for what percentage of your total damage is coming from master/puppet.

Quote:
ill change divinator to em. animator since I got beat out on div lot during last week's DM run.

PSA for all non-Divinator owners (damn thing won't drop for me either) to do what you can to get Yorcia T4/T5 Delve NM win to unlock the ability to buy Magneto. Outside wins on either NM are fine to get the KI, item actually drops from the T5 Rafflesia (very low rate outside Delve).

Eminent: iLevel 115 puppet
Magneto: iLevel 117 puppet
Divinator: iLegel 119 puppet
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-28 12:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, I did a very quick parse based off of 10 mobs (4 warthogs and 6 tigers)in Kamihr Drifts, using the same frame/head combo always keeping 1 wind maneuver up, and using 2 separate tp sets. I received haste, marches, and madrigals from my NPC's during both sets.

Valoredge Head / Sharpshot body
attatchments -
<frame>sharpshot frame</frame>
<head>valoredge head</head>
<slot01>tension spring</slot01>
<slot02>turbo charger</slot02>
<slot03>equalizer</slot03>
<slot04>galvanizer</slot04>
<slot05>tension spring ii</slot05>
<slot06>scope</slot06>
<slot07>turbo charger ii</slot07>
<slot08>coiler</slot08>
<slot09>tactical processor</slot09>
<slot10>armor plate ii</slot10>
<slot11>optic fiber</slot11>
<slot12>volt gun</slot12>

Tp set (master focus)
ItemSet 321469

Tp set (dual tp)
ItemSet 321468

While I know this was lackluster in an actual test (this was only 10 mobs, tons of things could have happened that would affect the test etc.), it shows that dual tp set isn't as bad as you want to say it is.
If there are better ways to test this please let me know.

[edit] once Divinator (or if I decide to spend the plasm on magneto) is received, the numbers will only push more in favor of the puppet for solo play on regular mobs.
By Jadey 2014-04-13 04:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For general merit point/capacity point/IEP-DC mob fighting a hybrid set that caps both master and puppet haste is fine - I routinely see a ~55/45 master/pet damage split when using 119 Kenkonken + Divinator and a Valor head/Sharp body puppet combo when farmng merits out in Adoulin areas.

On actual endgame content I recommend ignoring the puppet's DPS entirely because even with Divinator and all available buffs and gear available to the puppet you'll be lucky to see puppet accuracy climb above the 20% floor on the megabosses.