Autoexec/Spellcast Help!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Autoexec/Spellcast help!
Autoexec/Spellcast help!
 Carbuncle.Grimalkin
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Grimalkin 2014-01-31 11:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have spent the last several hours tweaking a Scholar spellcast to make it do what I want it to, and while I'm close, there's one annoying bug that I want to fix. @_@

In the spellcast xml itself, I have this (only relevant data included - please let me know if you need to see more than just this!):
Code
<variables>
		<var name="Sublimation">FALSE</var>
</variables>

<if status="Idle">
		<if advanced='("$Sublimation"="TRUE")'>
				<equip when="idle" set="SubIdle" />
				<equip when="aftercast" set="SubIdle" />
		</if>
		<elseif advanced='("$Sublimation"="FALSE")'>
				<equip when="idle" set="Idle" />
				<equip when="aftercast" set="Idle" />
		</elseif>
</if>

<elseif status="Resting">
		<if advanced='("$Sublimation"="TRUE")'>
				<equip when="resting" set="SubResting" />
		</if>
		<elseif advanced='("$Sublimation"="FALSE")'>
				<equip when="resting" set="Resting" />
		</elseif>
</elseif>

Then, in the autoexec file, I have the following:
Code
<register event="gainbuff_*Activated" silent="true">sc var set Sublimation TRUE; sc set SubIdle</register>
<register event="gainbuff_*Complete" silent="true">sc var set Sublimation FALSE; sc set Idle</register>
<register event="losebuff_*Sublim*" silent="true">sc var set Sublimation FALSE; sc set Idle</register>

For the most part, this works perfectly well. When I cast a spell with Sublimation charging, it switches me into my SubIdle set, and as soon as Sublimation finishes charging, or I use it early, it will change back to my regular Idle set.

The only problem - and it's confusing me a LOT - is that when I actually use Sublimation to start the charge, it will switch me into my SubIdle set for the cast and then switch me back to my Idle set during aftercast. It's minor, but annoying, as I then have to cast a spell or something to force it to switch back into my SubIdle set.

Any ideas? I'm sleeping (several hours playing with code wore me out) so I'll keep my fingers crossed for something amazing when I wake up. Thanks in advance!