Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Turbo Chargers update
Turbo Chargers update
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-01-31 06:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39771-dev1175-Puppetmaster-Job-Adjustments?p=490803#post490803

Quote:
The Turbo Charge and Turbo Charge II attachments will be adjusted.
The haste effects granted by this attachment will now be affected by the total value of magical effects rather than the total value from equipment.
capped haste automatons?
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-01-31 07:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

until i can put a GT28 on there, no care.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-31 07:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to turn my automaton in a giant mech and pilot it flying through Vana'diel and shooting lasers and missiles.

But capped haste is nice.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-01-31 08:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm waiting for them to implement a Gattai ability.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-01-31 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To restate, my understanding of what they're saying is that Turbo Charger haste effect will now be considered MAGICAL haste as opposed to gear haste (as it is today).

Which means that post-update, we'll be able to get up to a total of 68.5% automaton delay reduction from a combination of:

1) Up to 25% automaton haste from gear. Note that it's not terribly difficult to hit cap now by gear alone with all of the current options (Foire gear, Regimen Mittens, Hurch'lan Sash, Omodaka legs, Murzim/Anwig head, etc.) I notice that S-E's picture in these pre-update notes shows a full Relic armor PUP too, so perhaps lv109/119 Relic will be good for automaton purposes.

2) Up to 43.5% haste (assuming same cap as magic haste cap for players) from Turbo Chargers.

* Turbo Charger I currently grants 5/15/20/25 haste from 0/1/2/3 wind maneuvers. Currently GEAR haste, but probably safe to assume values will stay the same and will just change to be considered magical haste.

* Turbo Charger II grants ?/?/?/? haste. [ANYONE TESTED THIS YET??]

Therefore, in any case it looks like it will clearly be beneficial to stack both Turbo Chargers any time you're using a DD puppet. Glad I snagged my Turbo Charger II already!
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2014-01-31 15:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx said: »
until i can put a GT28 on there, no care.

35r or go home!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-31 15:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
perhaps lv109/119 Relic will be good for automaton purposes
Expecting haste+5/6 hands!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-02-02 14:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
perhaps lv109/119 Relic will be good for automaton purposes
Expecting haste+5/6 hands!

Maybe so, but I'm a little less excited about hands since Regimen Mittens are already around with automaton 6% haste Acc+20 Racc+20, as well as master stats that are very solid in their own right (even if Otronif still wins for a 100% master focus).

I'm actually most curious about the body! Even if it's only 109 this update, could have some real potential. Now that we and our puppets actually need Acc again, a boosted version of Relic body might be really nice. And hey, I use Relic+2 body now in my full automaton build (for stuff like pet soloing reives), so I figure at least it should be an upgrade on that.
By myrlyn 2014-02-04 17:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the easiest way to "Snag" the turbo charger 2?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-02-09 23:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

myrlyn said: »
Whats the easiest way to "Snag" the turbo charger 2?

Watch the AH like a hawk and have gil. I got mine for 5mil (second purchase on my server), but the last several have sold for roughly 3.5mil. At least on my server, has been pretty consistently available in small quantities for the past week or so (took several days after the Jan update to show up though). No real complaints on price, I'd certainly have gladly invested the time it takes me to get that gil into farming the attachment itself.

Otherwise, if you don't buy one it's a high level Alchemy recipe requiring a very rare/valuable Vanir Battery (rare drop from the new Celestial Nexus fight). The really annoying thing is that the battery itself is a pretty good equip-able ammo, that can also sell just by itself, reducing the amount that get to lv100+ Alchemists to even try to synth/sell.

Now, I've yet to see a single Vivi-Valve II auctioned since it uses the same Vanir Battery. Not that Vivi-Valve II is particularly impressive... I'd much rather see crafters making Turbo Chargers available, since it will likely be hands down the best DD puppet attachment after the Feb update.
 Leviathan.Tribalprophet
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tribalprophet 2014-02-10 00:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

but probably safe to assume

Never use this phrase when dealing with SE. :P
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-02-17 13:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

3 Wind Maneuvers + around 13% automaton haste gear (I'm slacking.) gives me a 2 second delay with the auto. It's quite nice, but it's a bit unfeasible to keep all 3 wind maneuvers up.

With double gear haste + No maneuvers it should still be quite respectable.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2014-02-17 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is with TC2 and TC1