Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 155 156 157
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-10 12:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Because some people have sortaish figured out how DPS works!?
Guess I'm going to have to start TPing in this thing and asking for Hailstorm http://www.ffxiah.com/item/16280/haraldrs-muffler

Quote:
And yes, I sm aware of /lockstyle. There is always that 10 second window of looking god awful though!
Isn't there a way to make it so that you lockstyle the instant you switch to a job? I had a friend that wanted to make a rule in his spellcast where he had a different lockstyle equip based on the day.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-05-10 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm interesting. I will look into that, thanks dude!
By Nyruul 2015-05-10 12:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Oh, well then why aren't we just using max STP everywhere!?

Multi-attack has a similar benefit but the more you have the more odds you multiply your TP in an attack round. Like with you're set..
QA 1/25 > TA 1/25 > DA 3/10

Also Hasso Zanshin. I don't know where it is placed in that order. Another thing, Koga AM3 would be priority before QA.

TP overflow is a good thing though. Wish more SAMs would recognize that rather than spamming fudos and disrupting each other's chains half the time. With delay reduction capped and a lot of multi-attack SAMs can throw WSs too quick to even chain off their own selves but, I don't think the value of multipliers has reached the average Slamurai mentality. Not to mention the boosts that have been made to magic bursting. I know how things are being done in vagary but under conditions where maximum damage output isn't throttled by element weakness cycles or the threat of any melees getting ripped apart in seconds.

Shoha > Fudo (Distortion 60%) > Kasha (Fusion 75%) > Shoha (Light 175%) Fudo (Light 200%) Fudo (Light 225%)

...and yes you can triple light as long as the first light chain was made by fusion and fragmentation.

Kasha: 1k= 1.5625 2k= 1.875 3k= 2.5
Shoha: 1k= 1.375 2k= 2.15 3k= 2.65
Fudo: 1k= 3.75 2k= 4.75 3k= 5.75

This can be burst by fire from chain 2 on. Light, lightning and wind chain 3 on. Chain 1 water and Ice.

I know there's people who are well aware of this. Some are not though and others seem to over look it. Obviously there are other ways to bring other elements into a 6-step but in terms of maximum damage on the SAM end I would imagine this one takes the cake.

Edit: Also doesn't magic burst damage also increment with higher skillchain levels?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-10 13:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a joke. Of course TP overflow is good but generally speaking it is not good enough to beat things like QA/TA/DA, this means that you trade off extra STP for those stats. In the past this was generally easy, now that we have so much STP in Body/Legs/Hands/Back it isn't.
By Nyruul 2015-05-10 14:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah should of caught onto that. Never noticed this page where you mentioned that neck till after I posted. Would of caught on there lol.

SAM TP is absolutely ridiculous now anyways. Like I said, most SAMs can WS before the window opens to chain off the previous without even using meditate.
By swordwiz 2015-05-18 12:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a Updated Koga Non-AM3 Stp and AM3 stp sets?
 Cerberus.Reiden
Server: Cerberus
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-05-21 11:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

swordwiz said: »
Anyone have a Updated Koga Non-AM3 Stp and AM3 stp sets?

go to page 1 sir, you cant be more updated than this.
By swordwiz 2015-05-22 00:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have a am3 gearswap ?
 Cerberus.Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-05-22 00:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

swordwiz said: »
anyone have a am3 gearswap ?

http://pastebin.com/u/Bokura
By swordwiz 2015-05-22 02:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a place to add keybinds ?
By Kooljack 2015-05-23 14:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys, just had a question regarding Elemental Obi, stormspell II, And Weatherspoon ring for... SAM. heh. ok so BGwiki says the obi's do affect weaponskills,

Obi:" These also work on Skillchains if they are worn on the closing Weapon Skill and it is the proper day or weather. "

Does that mean if sam is wearing the light obi, along with stormspell2 it would substantially boost that light skillchain dmg by 30%? And then furthermore does adding a weatherspoon ring's Light elemental MAB +10 add another 10% to the skillchain dmg if worn for closing weaponskill by chance?

Is there some merit to use these items for when you are going for big 4-6 step light's ?

TLDR: Does weatherspoon ring increase light skillchain dmg if worn on closing weaponskill???
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-05-26 12:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
hey guys, just had a question regarding Elemental Obi, stormspell II, And Weatherspoon ring for... SAM. heh. ok so BGwiki says the obi's do affect weaponskills,

Obi:" These also work on Skillchains if they are worn on the closing Weapon Skill and it is the proper day or weather. "

Does that mean if sam is wearing the light obi, along with stormspell2 it would substantially boost that light skillchain dmg by 30%? And then furthermore does adding a weatherspoon ring's Light elemental MAB +10 add another 10% to the skillchain dmg if worn for closing weaponskill by chance?

Is there some merit to use these items for when you are going for big 4-6 step light's ?

TLDR: Does weatherspoon ring increase light skillchain dmg if worn on closing weaponskill???
Idk about the rest for certain but if bg says it it's probably true. However skillchains are unaffected by mab so no the ring would do nothing.
By Kooljack 2015-06-02 18:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Drewbles.. I am grateful for your reply; as you're the only one.. However do you have any other substantial reasons why it wouldn't? Reason I am weary of hearing and accepting what your surmise is.. I do recall BGwiki says this: " Notes: Delivers a direct 10% damage increase to any light based damage "

So your opposed directly by the note's very wording of 'any' in it's note's content text on bgwiki.. considering its a 10% increase to "any" light based dmg. wouldn't those raving 6 step sams have a substantial boost with the content of these two recent additions together to showboat about? yet I havent seen any mention to the stormspell2's 30% increase and possibly the rings' 10% to add to a 'once great' single DD show-kill.

--------------
on a personal note I never 'got' the rave over the 5-6 step skillchains.. I've always done trip sams fudo as fast as they can.. however with the addition of very strong magic side of things, I'm considering adjusting my base faceroll setup. 3geos,sch,whm,sam. And now I'l start dabbing around with a 4 step light and quad MB's.. finding the right balance of magic and physical to compliment one another; quirk fights aside.
-----------------

For those who faceroll with a single sam for your delve'ing what are you finding to adjust about your 5-6 step lights?

A 6 step light should deliver approx how much dmg These days with proper geo-malaise, stormspell2 up?

And how much dmg are we looking at for a 4 step light?

Anyone else have some thoughts

Are all the sam's dead because omgbbq magicbursts now? noone is posting here anymore rofl
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-06-02 18:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Equation: Skillchain damage = ( Closing Damage × (Skillchain Level/Number from Table) × (1 + Skillchain Bonus÷100) + Magic Damage ) × (1 + Skillchain Damage+%/100) × (1 + Day/Weather bonuses) × (1 + Staff Affinity) × (iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus) × (Monster magic damage reductions) × (iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus)

That's the from bg so when I look at enhancing damage I just look at the equation. For me I use these to figure out where your optimal place to affect damage will be. Most of the time it will be base damage and modifiers bc as we all know multiplication is better than addition. To answer your question just look and see if what you are wanting to wear is in the equation. I dont see where it would fit in but if you do you can point it out to me. Most of the time modifiers ftp and attack is your best bet bc of how described above.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-02 18:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
Equation: Skillchain damage = ( Closing Damage × (Skillchain Level/Number from Table) × (1 + Skillchain Bonus÷100) + Magic Damage ) × (1 + Skillchain Damage+%/100) × (1 + Day/Weather bonuses) × (1 + Staff Affinity) × (iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus) × (Monster magic damage reductions) × (iLevel/Resistance Damage Bonus)

Bolded is where it would fit in. They've called it affinity and "x elemental magic attack bonus" but it's the same effect.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-06-02 18:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

--------------
on a personal note I never 'got' the rave over the 5-6 step skillchains.. I've always done trip sams fudo as fast as they can.. however with the addition of very strong magic side of things, I'm considering adjusting my base faceroll setup. 3geos,sch,whm,sam. And now I'l start dabbing around with a 4 step light and quad MB's.. That is the way to start rolling in the future of the game; finding the right balance of magic and physical to compliment one another; quirk fights aside.

Anyone else have some thoughts

Are all the sam's dead because omgbbq magicbursts now? noone is posting here anymore rofl

2 3 4 5 6
Level 1 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9
Level 2 0.6 0.75 1.0 1.25 1.5
Level 3 1.0 1.5 1.75 2.0 2.25
Also from bg, so it adds multipliers (refer to previous post for explanation on multiplication lol). However, you don't want to do ***weapon skill damage since weapon skills vary so much these days from 1k avg to 12k avg or higher sometimes. So for me I try and use the SC calcs and I just only use certain ones for examples and my friends love to do long skillchains so we do blade:hi>resolution>blade:shun>dimidiation to make a double light. Sometimes when we have a Sam might use fudo to close. And remember closing skillchains need to be your stronger weapon skill whenever possible. Long story short 4 steps aren't always better but with a team of good players who can communicate well it probably will given that the weapon skills work and have good ftp/modifier/etc.
Edit: if you do it right should hit cap damage with 5 step idk about 4 step. Though 2 step with smn closing will cap damage which is sad to DDs lol
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-06-02 18:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

Bolded is where it would fit in. They've called it affinity and "x elemental magic attack bonus" but it's the same effect.
Well there we go question answered. See I said I didn't know for sure :P
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2015-06-02 19:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

How much would 10 MAB effect it though?
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-02 19:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

An additional 10% for that term, or 1.1. Idk how much of a difference that'd make in the grand scheme of it all, too much multiplication and not enough care.
By Kooljack 2015-06-03 04:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how you're taking the term MAB as literally just plain MAB... +10MAB doesn't by any means equate to a 10% modification, thereby it has to be something else.... AFFINITY no?
I don't think the 'term' MAB is to be taken literally with this text. It was just the easiest way for SE to put what it's affecting in text quickly without explaining its differential no?

It's not straight MAB; I thought that, that was quite clear sense we know it's doing a straight 10% ergo it's technically an affinity modification?

JUST like pixie hairpin+1 and that new unity staff, The 'MAB' on them is much more powerful then the actual MAB modifier. thereby those items and this one alike are known to be affinity type modifiers? I don't see how you're understanding the 'MAB' text to be taken literally as just the normal MAB sense it's a proven percentage modifier just like staffs and similar items
 Bahamut.Malothar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-06-03 17:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how you're taking the term MAB as literally just plain MAB... +10MAB doesn't by any means equate to a 10% modification, thereby it has to be something else.... AFFINITY no?
I don't think the 'term' MAB is to be taken literally with this text. It was just the easiest way for SE to put what it's affecting in text quickly without explaining its differential no?

It's not straight MAB; I thought that, that was quite clear sense we know it's doing a straight 10% ergo it's technically an affinity modification?

JUST like pixie hairpin+1 and that new unity staff, The 'MAB' on them is much more powerful then the actual MAB modifier. thereby those items and this one alike are known to be affinity type modifiers? I don't see how you're understanding the 'MAB' text to be taken literally as just the normal MAB sense it's a proven percentage modifier just like staffs and similar items

That's exactly how MAB works though, it's a direct multiplier to a step in the damage formula, IE a nuke with a base damage of 100 with 50 MAB would do 150 damage, or 50% more. Affinity is stronger because it takes place in a separate multiplication term, allowing it to have a larger overall effect on the damage by multiplying the total damage (after contributions from MAB/MDB) that was going to be done, rather than the base damage of the spell, as MAB would.

In the example above of a 100 base damage nuke doing 150 with 50 MAB, with 10 affinity stacked on, you'd see the total damage become 165.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-06-03 18:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think perhaps you should check Wiki, it's all explained on there in detail, with the full math formula, if the formula is too complicated for you, leave it to your SUPERIORS to tell you, you are wrong. You can't stand there and tell people far smarter than you they are wrong when you can't justify/understand the concept yourself in the firstplace.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-06-03 18:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I think perhaps you should check Wiki, it's all explained on there in detail, with the full math formula, if the formula is too complicated for you, leave it to your SUPERIORS to tell you, you are wrong. You can't stand there and tell people far smarter than you they are wrong when you can't justify/understand the concept yourself in the firstplace.

is it embarassing to be wrong after spewing such vitriol
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-08 22:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly how MAB works though, it's a direct multiplier to a step in the damage formula, IE a nuke with a base damage of 100 with 50 MAB would do 150 damage, or 50% more. Affinity is stronger because it takes place in a separate multiplication term, allowing it to have a larger overall effect on the damage by multiplying the total damage (after contributions from MAB/MDB) that was going to be done, rather than the base damage of the spell, as MAB would.

In the example above of a 100 base damage nuke doing 150 with 50 MAB, with 10 affinity stacked on, you'd see the total damage become 165.

Its the fact that it's a separate number that's starting at 1.0 vs being additively stacked onto another number that's higher. The order of multiplication itself doesn't matter, A x B x C = B x C x A. I really don't like how SE used wording similar to MAB when it's not functionally part of the mRatio (MAB/MDB) component. Should of been something like "Element Damage+" to separate it out and not confuse the f*ck out of people using elemental WS's.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-09 20:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to update my Sam gear to get with the times. Using items from Sinister Reign but not any of the new cursed items because I don't know how hard to obtain they will be and also what the augments all are yet. I mainly skipped Escha Zi-tah as it had no relevant stuff for my main jobs, but if there are any Escha Zi-Tah drops that aren't a 1% drop rate I could fit in I would love to know. Using Nenekirimaru because non-Ionis in Escha.

TP Low Acc:
ItemSet 336864

TP High Acc:
ItemSet 336865

Fudo:
ItemSet 336867

Fudo Acc:
ItemSet 337158
(I didn't really want to aug specific Acro pieces for this or they would probably all be BIS for having +40 Acc on WS and such.)

DT:
ItemSet 336866

Comments, additions, and critiques?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-08-09 20:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Tsurumu still wins outside of Ionis area's. The guaranteed 250TP after WS means you don't need to WS in sTP gear to make a 4-hit on a 450 delay GKT while also needing less sTP in TP gear and thus more space for Multi-Attack / Accuracy / ect. In Ionis area's where you can get 350 Save Tp it nearly equals AM3 Koga.

250 Save TP is just that broken on a job like SAM. I know everyone wants to use a different, harder to get Great Katana then all the bandwagon kiddies but SE has yet to make one viable. Tsuru is like the old school Hagun, so damn good on a job that relies on spamming WS's. The Nenekirimaru can come very close to Tsuru and with perfect augments can be about the same, but it's still a lot of money to equal something that's a pretty common drop and could be bought with Plasm.
 Cerberus.Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-08-09 21:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm going to wait til we find out all the augments for the cursed/hexed stuff before i update the thread. I'll start farming the abjurations this week.There's only really been alot of sidegrades coming out for us since vagary.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-09 21:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:

Tsurumu still wins outside of Ionis area's. The guaranteed 250TP after WS means you don't need to WS in sTP gear to make a 4-hit on a 450 delay GKT while also needing less sTP in TP gear and thus more space for Multi-Attack / Accuracy / ect. In Ionis area's where you can get 350 Save Tp it nearly equals AM3 Koga.

250 Save TP is just that broken on a job like SAM. I know everyone wants to use a different, harder to get Great Katana then all the bandwagon kiddies but SE has yet to make one viable. Tsuru is like the old school Hagun, so damn good on a job that relies on spamming WS's. The Nenekirimaru can come very close to Tsuru and with perfect augments can be about the same, but it's still a lot of money to equal something that's a pretty common drop and could be bought with Plasm.
Did you even take a look at a single one of those gear sets? I make zero STP concessions in any of my gear to maintain my 3 Hit+WS. Due to the fact Samurai TPs in an absurd amount of over STP now, this isn't a problem. I only need 58 STP in my TP gear with that WS set that uses 31 STP, most of which comes from two slots that I would be WSing in without using STP. My TP return with Nene on Fudo is 230, tell me again how having 250 Save TP is a breaking point? The only STP concession I make is Bloodrain, in reality this isn't even a thing because I would want to use Bloodrain anyways in case I needed to swap into different levels of Accuracy.

I love Tsurumaru, if I could guarantee being in Adoulin I would never recommend any GKT over it. Escha, Unity, and HLBs change this and the alluvion GKT is by far better for those from my findings.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 155 156 157