Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-11 09:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Presumably any content where m.acc is already capped and you're still using hybrids, no reason to pass up the tp bonus.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-11 09:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
The extra 71 macc is a game changer on basement bosses

71...? 54?
By Shadoni 2024-06-11 10:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Doji is 228 macc skill, Kusanagi is 277 + 35, so +84 unless magic accuracy skill on weapon is calculated differently from magic accuracy (+71 if Stage 4 Kusanagi)
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-11 10:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Doji aug gives 30.
[+]
By K123 2024-06-11 10:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Add Dynamis Tav, R15 Primes gogo
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-11 10:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah OK didn't realize he was talking about St4. Yeah...41 Macc for 500 TP bonus doesn't seem like a great trade and STP+10 is significantly better than DA+7, so IDK. If you're hurting for macc like that, I'd swap food before I would drop 500 TP Bonus for it.

One of the SAMs in our dynamis [d] group uses Kusa for Jinpu because of AM3 for PDL. Not sure if it's actually better than Doji because we don't do any statistics on it, but he swears by it "by eye".
[+]
By Taint 2024-06-11 11:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't do Dynamis but in Sortie once you have Kusa you can exclusively use it. (Stewpot for food)

A/E: Jinpu
B/F: Mumei
C/G: Koki or Fudo
D/H: Fudo or Mumei depending Element

Before Kusa I used:

A/E: Doji, Jinpu
B/F: Shining One, Impulse
C/G: Masamume Fudo or Doji Koki on C, was suspect on G.
D/H: Masamune Fudo or Shoha depending on Element
[+]
By K123 2024-06-11 11:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM should be let solo E with Doji IMO.

Explain this better please.
By Taint 2024-06-11 11:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

K123 said: »
SAM should be let solo E with Doji IMO.

Explain this better please.

Jinpu Spams 99k but you need others WSing to reduce the wall or slip in Kagero as your 3rd WS. He dies so fast you wouldn't have time to SC properly.

D/H it depends on the element and others WSs since you don't want to heal him.
By K123 2024-06-11 11:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that, but this is specific to what the 2nd DD is and what the COR BRD RDM are using. What is the other DD and what WS are all using on both wind and thunder hand?
By Taint 2024-06-11 12:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I get that, but this is specific to what the 2nd DD is and what the COR BRD RDM are using. What is the other DD and what WS are all using on both wind and thunder hand?

Wind and Thunder is F. You can use Mumei or Impluse on F.

H has 6 different elements and he absorbs based on which TP move he uses. How you deal with each element really depends on your group but one safe way is for everyone to use WSs that don't SC at all.

Another safe way is to have just the DD or DDs on him with coordinated SCs.

The safest way is to just kite him with Gravity (Grav2 and indi-Grav)
[+]
By K123 2024-06-11 12:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

H has 6 different elements and he absorbs based on which TP move he uses. How you deal with each element really depends on your group but one safe way is for everyone to use WSs that don't SC at all.

I know all of this. Meant to ask about H elements, but accidentally wrote wind and thunder ><

I want to know what WS you do on all jobs to avoid skillchains on H.
By Taint 2024-06-11 13:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I know all of this. Meant to ask about H elements, but accidentally wrote wind and thunder ><

I want to know what WS you do on all jobs to avoid skillchains on H.

Really depends on party make up.

Safe bets: Shoha, Savage, BH, Resolution.

We just kite everything now but our last melee runs were DNC,SAM,COR,BRD,RDM,WHM.

Flaming/Fulminious = Rudra,Mumei,Savage,BH
Other 3 = Ruthless,Fudo,Savage,BH
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-11 13:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Other 4 = Ruthless,Fudo,Savage,BH

There are only 3 more (Aita doesn't use Aero)

Ruthless or Savage -> Fudo = Distortion, which is a heal for Flashflood & Icy Grasp
Ruthless -> Savage = Scission, heal for Eroding Flesh

It's more complicated than most want to give credit, but TBH a single heal here or there isn't too bad on Aita, it's not like you're gonna wipe because of it, it's just a minor slowdown, especially in kiting strats.

For melee, it really does depend on your team and you have to map it out and pick the best WS for each person, sometimes sacrificing their best WS so another DD can get a better option.

Or just be aware of these SC properties (or use a program to be aware of them for you) and slam WS right after someone else/avoid the one or two WS that conflict with what you're doing.

Nice thing about kiting strat is he will stay in the same mode for a long time so you don't need to regularly think about which WS to use.
By K123 2024-06-11 13:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I right to think if you used WAR WAR you could have both WAR using Judgement, RDM using BH, COR and BRD both using SB and be fine on all H modes?

Not ideal because you ideally need more WS to have less walling, I understand, but as a baseline potential set up for 8/8?
By Taint 2024-06-11 14:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I right to think if you used WAR WAR you could have both WAR using Judgement, RDM using BH, COR and BRD both using SB and be fine on all H modes?

Not ideal because you ideally need more WS to have less walling, I understand, but as a baseline potential set up for 8/8?

You want 5-6 different WSs firing. 5 is a 10% wall, 6 is no wall. Typically the WHM is only curing, so you want everyone doing something different. H is a zerg, the longer it goes the more annoying he gets.

Our cleanest melee runs were SAM/WAR(/DRK) tanking and DNC/DRG. DNC can Climatic zerg/jump while SAM uses Yaeg. This set up was better then WAR and SAM since hate likes to swap from Yaegasumi and MS being used and hate swaps = fetters. The WAR could sub DRG but we never did that since SAM and DNC was ideal.

If you do a fast DH > CBA > EGF you can have Yaegasumi up for H and F.

If you kite its PLD,COR,BRD,RDM,GEO and then SAM/DRK/DNC. Which changes everything for the better and you can focus on progressing to 9/9.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-06-11 17:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Isn't that the Momma's boy who failed to destroy the world, yet a circus clown was able to do it while becoming god? :P

We joke, that clown justified an entire generations worth of clown fear.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-06-11 17:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomahawk will reduce the WS wall effect similar to what Rayke does for nukes, though I've never tested it on that many people using the same WS.
[+]
By K123 2024-06-12 08:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to think of a good pug set up that doesn't need an iGEO or lots of communication... just engage and whack it.

If using MS, is Reso still a strong WS with SV etc?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-06-12 08:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to think of a good pug set up that doesn't need an iGEO or lots of communication... just engage and whack it.

Yes reso is still strong, but I think Upheaval with R15 Chango will beat it now. Not really related to Sam though.
By K123 2024-06-12 09:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Yes reso is still strong, but I think Upheaval with R15 Chango will beat it now. Not really related to Sam though.
I know it's off topic, just wondering. Reso doesn't make sc though where Upheaval does of course.
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157