Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 153 154 155
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-02-11 23:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

mighty said: »
Two questions I'd like to hear your opinions on.

I'm about to finish Doji, and frankly speaking I don't foresee myself being able to bring SAM to events any time soon, if ever, and so my main motivation for making this weapon was to be able to solo DD content using multi-steps.

I know SAM can accomplish this in many different content scenarios, but my question is:

Are there any bosses or contents in which solo SAM is particularly effective, or perhaps even better / safer / more efficient than multiple DDs spamming WS?

And secondly, the conversation about subtle blow earlier in this thread really got me to thinking about subtle blow in general, and I was wondering, is there really any situation where you would not want to be using SB? Especially when solo? Sure, the fights might take a little longer, but it seems like the benefit of limiting the enemy's TP move output would be much greater than the detriment of the battle taking a bit longer.

All of these situations require buffs, but generally allow a sam to be the only dps:

Omen Midboss (Gorger) - geo running haste/frailty, entrust fury. sam can 4 step it dead rather quick and won't have to worry about it absorbing a ton of buffs.

Omen Boss (Kei) - solo buffed sam 4 stepping radiance for good sc damage is a popular method of defeating Kei.

HTBF (Odin/Lilith) - multi-step scs are great methods for zerging D/VD with proper buffs.

*SAM can also zerg almost every t3 and below and some helms with buffs in all escha zones with little to no issues.*

IF SB is a concern, slap on some Kenda and a Chirich Ring. =)
By SimonSes 2020-02-11 23:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Omen Boss (Kei) - solo buffed sam 4 stepping radiance for good sc damage is a popular method of defeating Kei.

Kaggra just did it solo, so doesnt even require strong buffs.
[+]
By mighty 2020-02-12 00:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Kaggra just did it solo, so doesnt even require strong buffs.

Never heard of this guy before now. His twitter/Youtube looks to be a really nice resource. Thanks for sharing!
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-12 07:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

whats his youtube info i want to check it out tooo

pls and ty.
[+]
By tyalangan 2020-02-12 07:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
whats his youtube info i want to check it out tooo

pls and ty.

Type “FF11 Kaggra” his channel link will be at the top of page.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-02-25 18:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else have a counter set?

Been using this for soloing in omen ItemSet 371528
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-25 19:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought about making one, but I'm not a fan of how we can't really use much Counter equipment without giving up a lot of accuracy. That set is about 1040-1110 accuracy depending on your weapon, which is about 140 accuracy less than my current lowest accuracy TP set on SAM.
By SimonSes 2020-02-26 03:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Thought about making one, but I'm not a fan of how we can't really use much Counter equipment without giving up a lot of accuracy. That set is about 1040-1110 accuracy depending on your weapon, which is about 140 accuracy less than my current lowest accuracy TP set on SAM.

Just use sushi instead of attack food?
Also change neck to +2 JSE, because that -DT is not needed.
Also does regular counter+ even works for third eye's counters?
Lastly, counter set is not really needed or even a good idea for omen card farming.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-26 03:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll pass. I'm perfectly content with PDT Hybrid + Sonic Thrust performance. More stuff hitting me means more TP anyway.

The idea of cleaving in Omen while gaining TP fairly slow due to loss of STP/Multi-Attack and riding Seigan, sounds pretty bad to me. You could make up the JA haste loss with LR I guess, but then you lose defense in a build that's meant to mitigate damage which is a bit contradicting, not to mention the loss of Sonic Thrust availability.

I just see no reason to use it over PDT + Phalanx.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-02-26 05:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So the SAM Solo video has inspired me to try it out myself, it seems that main stream WS sets are not going to be able to do this due to them relying so heavily on attack buffs/accuracy buffs etc.

I threw this together as what I thought would be the "best" LowBuff set to try and get as much attack/accuracy, any obvious pieces that I have missed?

ItemSet 371529
By Taint 2020-02-26 06:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of mob/content do you see that set coming into play?

SAM can use Ageha to lower DEF and Shoha for the attack boost. I’m not saying that set is useless it just seems extremely situational.

I would leave Valorous hands on as well. (WSdmg4-10 and SCdmg5)
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-02-26 06:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah my bad, I guess I should of called it "TrustBuff" or something. This was for in relation to Kaggra Kei solo video, his WS set is probably not using traditional pieces due to the severe lack of attack/accuracy buffs you get from trusts.I tried with the Valorous set most use, but fudo just didn't hit hard enough to make the SC worthwhile. Hence I figured he would be using something like the above instead?

I use the standard set with these as my valorous augs:

head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Attack+14','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+15','Accuracy+6',}},

feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+14','Accuracy+15','Attack+1',}},

hands={ name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'Damage taken-1%','STR+7','Weapon skill damage +9%','Mag. Acc.+3 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+3',}},
 Ragnarok.Odynson
Server: Ragnarok
user: Kensai98
By Ragnarok.Odynson 2020-02-26 07:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Ah my bad, I guess I should of called it "TrustBuff" or something. This was for in relation to Kaggra Kei solo video, his WS set is probably not using traditional pieces due to the severe lack of attack/accuracy buffs you get from trusts.I tried with the Valorous set most use, but fudo just didn't hit hard enough to make the SC worthwhile. Hence I figured he would be using something like the above instead?

I use the standard set with these as my valorous augs:

head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Attack+14','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+15','Accuracy+6',}},

feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+14','Accuracy+15','Attack+1',}},

hands={ name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'Damage taken-1%','STR+7','Weapon skill damage +9%','Mag. Acc.+3 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+3',}},
I can see why you would want to use the other set when using trusts buffs. Just giving this a quick look, your Valorous have some nice augments but are severely acc starved. I would be surprised if you could actually get the 4 hit skillchain to land without doing at least one Tachi: whiff with just Trust buffs. If your goal is to recreate that video then it might not be a bad idea to make another set of Valorous to use in this situation. Thats my 2 cents.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-02-26 08:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that Valorous I have is for properly buffed hence why it was pretty terrible experience. I'll give it a go with the set I posted and report back to see the difference.

I am not sure on the value of Valorous without a WSD, STR, Attack/Accuracy Augs, which outside of a DM miracle aren't going to get that much better on what I have ( I have a similar 15 STR, 4WSD, Accuracy/attack pair that I can sub for the DM 9%)
 Asura.Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-03-04 06:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So the set has helped me to be able to tribox clear Omen bosses easier (GEO, WHM, SAM) Other than that it definitely doesn't have a use elsewhere, but I am not surprised by that.

No regrets in making it though as it's made my tribox Omen attempts much less annoying due to having pretty much 95% accuracy with no BRD or torpor/precision so has opened up fury/haste and frailty for me again pretty much have Gin, Kei on farm tribox, will be trying Fu later this week. I normally bring a +1 for Kin just because I cna't guarantee a trust will get hate but I am sure it's doable.
 Lakshmi.Odude
Server: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2020-03-08 06:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a rank threshold where you would transition from using the Moonlight Nodowa and Fotia Gorget to the Sam. Nodowa +2?

I just picked up the neck piece and got it to Rank 12 today (STR+12 sTP+4 Physical +4%), but no sure at what point it moves to full time use.
By Korgull 2020-03-08 10:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You can find that information on the SAM Community Guide over BG Wiki, around the ws sets.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-03-08 12:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure where the guide on BG answer that question. But I think it is about Rank 14.
[+]
By Foxfire 2020-03-10 00:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i remember having this conversation back when I was making the guide but i never really specified it because i was too lazy

but i think around rank 10~12 is when you start getting comparable-to-better results vs. fotia. in between the STR+ and PDL i think you're fine, i'm not a big math dude

as for tp, whenever you even out on storeTP is your answer

since nodowa+2 has 30 acc and 7stp base, you could potentially just fulltime that if you need the extra 5 acc; nodowa+1 is 25/5, so whatever rank you get stp+5 you're better off w/ jse over moonlight

edit: unless you're doing some niche zanshin build i don't know your life
[+]
 Bismarck.Mcdougall
Server: Bismarck
user: Mcdougall
By Bismarck.Mcdougall 2020-03-14 18:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I scanned through the last 15 pages or so and couldn't find it. On the first page it uses jse neck for lowest accuracy then switches to fotia neck for the higher accuracy. Isn't weapon skill accuracy calculated the same as regular accuracy? If so wouldn't the jse still be better?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-14 23:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

+2 neck is more acc
[+]
By JudgeN 2020-03-27 21:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If this has been asked i'm sorry didn't see it anything last couple of pages. Does Sailfi Belt R15 replace fotia for fudo/Shoha?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-03-27 23:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

JudgeN said: »
If this has been asked i'm sorry didn't see it anything last couple of pages. Does Sailfi Belt R15 replace fotia for fudo/Shoha?

Yes
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-04-06 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea best pathing on Fusenaikyo?
By SimonSes 2020-04-06 14:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Anyone have any idea best pathing on Fusenaikyo?

B or C.
First is niche for subtle blow build
Second is niche for sekkanoki epeens
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-06 14:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I use C more than B. I tend to just MNK if I care about Subtle Blow.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2020-04-06 14:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to both of you!

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 153 154 155