Forum » FFXI » General » do you window?
do you window?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-23 14:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I USE WINDOWER TOO... THE *** YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BUT...

I play on the 360 :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-23 14:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you sit your TV in an open window to enable windowed mode?
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-23 15:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

no, my tv can have a window within a window :D

besides, my A/C is already in the window lol
[+]
 Fairy.Ryezen
Server: Fairy
user: Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-23 16:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Directly from the FFXIAH.com admin himself:

Jaerik said:
Windower is illegal under the Terms of Service. FFXIAH.com is illegal under the Terms of Service. So is Allakhazam, so is Killing Ifrit, so is using any site, tool, or program not written by SquareEnix that decompiles, references, or in any way republishes any of SquareEnix's intellectual copyright, including any and all item, character, or mission data. Even posting screenshots is against the Terms of Service, unless taken via the in-game screenshot feature which watermarks SE's copyright over the top. Writing any fan fiction, derivative works, roleplaying, etc, is all against the Terms of Service. Letting any other player log into your account, ever, for any reason, is a violation of the Terms of Service.

I could go on. The point is, every single one of you, everyone, is or has violated the ToS at some point. Not a single one of you, especially none of you posting on this site (read: especially Luignata), has any right whatsoever to accuse any other user of "breaking the rules." Period.

The only thing that matters is money. SquareEnix reserves the right to ban you for a ToS violation, but they are not required to, and they won't waste their time (or money) enforcing it unless it makes business sense to do so. In other words, the only thing that matters is if a particular 3rd party utility is causing more people to quit the game than continue playing it. It is the duty of 3rd party developers, and users of 3rd party tools alike, to not make SE lose money.

and

Jaerik said:
Nobody cares, and neither does SE. Go whine somewhere else.

Checkmate.

I don't give a flip who said it... I don't care if he's Barak Flippin' Bush Sadam Jihad. Bottom line is, he ain't flippin' SE, now is he? And bloody hell, there's a huge difference between visiting a website and setting up a program that's whole intent is to modify game output/code and give you an advantage over other players. Go find a GM and tell them that you visit ffxiah. I'll bet you top fekkin' dollar they don't ban you. Now go tell that same GM that you use 15 Windower plug-ins and see if you get the same bloody result. I can visit ffxiah.com from a computer without even having FF installed! How do you compare that to running what we used to call in the old days, a "trainer"?
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 16:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is you're using a website that uses the same tools along the lines of the windower which gives these so-called "cheats". Not to mention the plugins don't alter in game information or balance at all, it's client side only. So next time learn the facts before you make yourself look like an idiot. Oops, too late!

Q_Q much?
[+]
 Fairy.Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-23 16:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
The point is you're using a website that uses the same tools along the lines of the windower which gives these so-called "cheats". Not to mention the plugins don't alter in game information or balance at all, it's client side only. So next time learn the facts before you make yourself look like an idiot. Oops, too late!

Of course it's client side only, you tard! You think SE's gonna let you install a cheat on their server? WTF? Man, you're sounding a lot like those peeps that thinks modding their Xbox to run Halo kill bots isn't cheating... Like I said, if SE would ban you if you told them you were doing it, it's probably fekkin' cheating now, isn't it?
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 16:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Going on 7 years and counting. Keep crying buddy.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-23 16:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT : pointless debate. What's even worse than before ? Post count ain't even displayed, why would anyone argue here :(
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-07-23 16:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryezen said:
Artemicion said:

Of course it's client side only, you tard! You think SE's gonna let you install a cheat on their server? WTF? Man, you're sounding a lot like those peeps that thinks modding their Xbox to run Halo kill bots isn't cheating... Like I said, if SE would ban you if you told them you were doing it, it's probably fekkin' cheating now, isn't it?

They havent banned me so it must not be!
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-23 16:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
ITT : pointless debate. What's even worse than before ? Post count ain't even displayed, why would anyone argue here :(

bad news anti.
you can still see post count by going to people profiles.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-23 16:52:43
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ryezen said:
Artemicion said:

I'm sore *** that needs to have the last word! WINDOWER IS CHEATING!!!!!! /wrist

FIXED!
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-23 16:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This whole thread has 'do it but dont tell ppl ur doing it' laced through-out. If I didnt kno better I'd say this thread was about masturbation.....
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-07-23 16:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Antipika said:

bad news anti.
you can still see post count by going to people profiles.

Yeah well got to check manually :( Nobody do that :[ Also this picture looks cool so I'm posting it :

User submitted image

Can replace that dude with a DRG, so it'll be FFXI related.
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-23 16:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
This whole thread has 'do it but dont tell ppl ur doing it' laced through-out. If I didnt kno better I'd say this thread was about masturbation.....

Pretty much the same principle...
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-23 16:58:54

But masterbation is evil!!! Killing millions of children is genocide!
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-07-23 16:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Nobody deserves to be alienated by someone else's self-absorbed, arrogant, moral high-horse riding ***.

This goes both ways though, a lot of windower users act pretty much the same way towards non windower/official windower users. Acting all self righteous about it, "playing smarter not harder", implying that people that don't use windower are stupid/chumps.

As for FFXIAH, technically we don't really know the mechanics of how the site gets it's AH info. I tend to be doubtful that they just run some bot on every server collecting data so the parallels to windower are pretty minimal.
[+]
 Fairy.Ryezen
By Fairy.Ryezen 2009-07-23 17:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

On a differnt note though, I _do_ wish SE would allow us to SS the chat logs/game text with our pics. I guess that grinds my gears.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-07-23 17:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryezen said:
Artemicion said:

Maybe you should chill out and get off your high horse when you're on a legit "cheating" website, stop calling the kettle black, and listen to what he means.

Client side means two things here. One, that it's run on your PC. Two, that it affects no one else but you because it's only locally echoed.

Guess what? Here's a list of plugins.

* AutoExec (2.72)
* BlinkMeNot (2.13)
* Cancel (1.0)
* CFHProtect (1.0)
* ChatMon (1.62)
* Clock (2.3)
* ConsoleBG (2.2)
* Distance (1.2)
* DrawDistance (2.2)
* ExpWatch (2.0)
* G15Binder (1.2)
* Hermes (conceptual)
* IME (1.10)
* Infobar (1.05)
* Light Luggage (3.1)
* Logger (1.4)
* MediaCenter (1.0)
* PetTP (1.10 Buggy)
* PlasticSurgeon (1.0)
* Precognition (1.0)
* Priority (1.1)
* Recast (1.72)
* Run (1.2)
* Silence (1.5)
* SpellCast (2.22)
* SpellCast Lite (3.2)
* SSOrganizer (1.1)
* StatusTimer (1.0)
* Text (1.01)
* Tickle (1.0)
* Timestamp (2.1)
* TParty (1.1)
* Vana'Tunes (1.0)
* WinControl (1.5)
* XYZ (1.0)
* YarnBall (3.02)
* ZoneTimer (1.0)

Here's a list of plugins that do NOTHING a stopwatch, pencil, ruler, and paper or other common rudimentary things can't do for you OR that are programmed into XI already:
* AutoExec (2.72)
* Cancel (1.0)
* Clock (2.3)
* Distance (1.2)
* DrawDistance (2.2)
* ExpWatch (2.0)
* IME (1.10)
* Infobar (1.05)
* Light Luggage (3.1)
* Logger (1.4)
* PetTP (1.10 Buggy)
* Precognition (1.0)
* Recast (1.72)
* Silence (1.5)
* SpellCast (2.22)
* SpellCast Lite (3.2)
* SSOrganizer (1.1)
* StatusTimer (1.0)
* Tickle (1.0)
* Timestamp (2.1)
* TParty (1.1)
* XYZ (1.0)
* YarnBall (3.02)
* ZoneTimer (1.0)

Not so many left out, and those plugins are mostly along the effects of "alter your media player through XI" as I understand.

If you want to get on your high horse, realize this: you can do anything that "cheaters" can do because it's just a bunch of math. God forbid that someone uses a calculator in their trig class instead of working out exponential growths in their head. None of those plugins in either list allow a Windower player to do anything that a non-windower player can not. Except maybe drawdistance, which just makes the game pretty.

The text I quoted from you is sounding like you're trying to take stuff out of context now and use bad analogies. If you want, I'll make it simple for you.

Calculator is to Math as Windower is to Gaming.
You need neither, and windower just lets you do what you already can. It is not:

Cheat Sheet is to SAT as Windower is to Gaming.

Like you say.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 17:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I use it and leave it at that. Misinformed whiners that Q_Q about it endlessly is what grinds my gears. It's not my business if one prefers not to use it for any reason. I can respect that decision especially if it's for sake of security.

As I said before:
99% of people who use it know what they're getting into. So having someone *** and whine in their face just makes me wanna choke a ***. And in all honesty, a bunch of calculators and timers showing information that technically already exists and doesn't affect in-game balance whatsoever is not my definition of cheating. Using tools? Yes. Cheating? No. But if you believe it is, that's your problem.

However, what I was getting at before is this website is run by the same development people and tools as those who made the windower. They're cut from the same cloth, so to come here and ride your moral high horse and accuse others of cheating is pretty lulzy and bigoted.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-23 17:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
I use windower but I don't use any of the plugins like the wireframe stuff. I just care for the time on spells and distance.

Guess we all need a little Windower Anonymous

The wireframe mode is great for Nyzule Isle! Makes finding Specified mob or mobs and enemy leader a lot quicker so you can make it to the Boss and watch it drop just a Werebuster with no armor, LOL!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-23 17:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
I think I hate fellow windower users more than non-windower users to be honest.

At least the non-windower users are honest with themselves about what they are using. lol

Word.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 17:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:

I can run across a zone. I can do that. I can speedhack through that zone. It must not be cheating because I can do that in the game anyway.

Lame comparison. There's a difference between pre-existing information being displayed and altering in-game balance and server information.

I'm on the fence about a few things, mainly AP radar and the wire-frame things since that technically gives out information that can be exploited and potentially game breaking. However a vast majority of plugins don't affect in game balance or mechanics whatsoever.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-07-23 17:27:46

If someone can count the hits of the party and know their TP off the top of their head then I'll sponsor a trip to Vegas.

I really don't know about some people here that are against windower. Really would they complain if they didn't pay a monthly subscription?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-23 17:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bartimaeus said:
Honestly, #2 lol

All this drivel about "it's not really cheating because you can do this anyway!" is just a way to relieve guilt so they can keep using it.

I can run across a zone. I can do that. I can speedhack through that zone. It must not be cheating because I can do that in the game anyway.

"But Bartio! Apples and oranges! That gives you an advantage. Plugins don't give you anything more"

Orly? If plugins didn't give people anything advantageous, they wouldn't of been made. Get off you're guys' *** trip and just admit it lol. /rawr

I don't see how wireframe mode is something you could normally do without windower. This is one feature the "Windower is not really cheating" people can't argue against. Wireframe is 100% cheating and it's automatically loaded when you install windower. All you have to do is type fillmode 1, and like magic you can see through walls, LOL! How is that not cheating?! It so is! But it's definitely a cool feature xD.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-23 17:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like anyone SCs anymore so that plugin is far from being as awesome as it used to be lol xD

But you're right in "disrupting game balance" is subjective. Knowing one's TP ahead of time is certainly alot less game breaking than say knowing where a mog tablet is in the zone far before you're even remotely in range to see it's there to begin with, or the wireframe nyzul exploit as one mentioned earlier >.>
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-23 17:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaosx said:

I don't see how wireframe mode is something you could normally do without windower. This is one feature the "Windower is not really cheating" people can't argue against. Wireframe is 100% cheating and it's automatically loaded when you install windower. All you have to do is type fillmode 1, and like magic you can see through walls, LOL! How is that not cheating?! It so is! But it's definitely a cool feature xD.

oh wow never knew I had that o.0
*is super noob at windower and cant get plugins to work*
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7