Link | Quote | Reply

New Animator: Eminent Animator: +77 to stats, ilvl 115
 Odin.Nikashi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Nikashi
By Odin.Nikashi 2013-12-11 05:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Divinator, too. The description makes it sound pretty good, at least.

"An animator crafted with ancient techniques that modern man cannot possibly hope to replicate."
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-12-12 16:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

All the other RoE weapons are iLV 117, but for some reason the satchet for SMN and the animator are iLV 115.

That being said theres a chance that the divinator is 117, but i'm really hoping it iLV119.

Since the other nicer weapons drop from the ark angels, I assume divinator will drop from there too.

Edit: I noticed Seraphicaller (SMN ammo) has a specific iLV of 119, so i'm more than certain that's waht the Divinator will be.
 Odin.Nikashi
Server: Odin
user: Nikashi
By Odin.Nikashi 2013-12-14 06:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope so. Lv113 auto was amazing. I can't imagine what a 119 would be like.
By macsdf1 2013-12-15 21:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

divinator 119 is + 89 to stats
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-12-16 04:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Regimen Mittens are pretty fantastic.

DEF:90 HP+25 STR+11 DEX+35 VIT+32 AGI+5 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+5% Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20 Haste+6%
LV 99 BST DRG SMN PUP

They drop from Ark Angel MR. I got them tonight from Normal difficulty fight there. Had actually overlooked them in the huge lists of new gear hidden among the AF119 pieces, but what a pleasant surprise when they dropped.
 Shiva.Siral
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-12-16 04:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
divinator 119 is + 89 to stats
I see FFXIDB says it drops from Ark Angel HM. Out of curiousity, which difficulty did you do it on?
By macsdf1 2013-12-16 04:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

hardest difficulty one.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-12-16 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
hardest difficulty one.

Thanks for the info. Also, I'm not sure it requires hardest difficulty, since some of the other ilevel 119 weapons (assuming Divinator is in the same class as the main weapons) definitely do not. I've personally seen the 119 Great Sword from DIFFICULT (4/5) version Galka. Might have a better drop rate from harder difficulties though.

Seems the 119 weapons can drop from the AAs either in their solo forms or in Divine Might. Read one report of HM dropping the Divinator in Divine Might.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-19 02:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Afaik everything can drop from normal AAs (except earrings) even at normal, just less chances for that to happen.
Seen quite a lot of Divinator drop from Normal DM though. Maybe the "normal" drop rate for AA is slightly higher for DM compared to single "normal" AA fights?

I got Regimen mittens from AA Mithra and I'm very happy, they're awesome for Mixed builds or pet builds, and they're shared with other pet jobs so they're an awesome inventory saver too.
They kinda make AF119 hands for PUP and BST much less relevant imho.

Currently I'm using Regimen mittens in my "Pet" TP set on PUP, previously I had augmented Pantin+2.
The Augment bonus from Pantin was nice but I assume 2% more Haste should be better than that?
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-12-19 03:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Afaik everything can drop from normal AAs (except earrings) even at normal, just less chances for that to happen.
Seen quite a lot of Divinator drop from Normal DM though. Maybe the "normal" drop rate for AA is slightly higher for DM compared to single "normal" AA fights?

I got Regimen mittens from AA Mithra and I'm very happy, they're awesome for Mixed builds or pet builds, and they're shared with other pet jobs so they're an awesome inventory saver too.
They kinda make AF119 hands for PUP and BST much less relevant imho.

Currently I'm using Regimen mittens in my "Pet" TP set on PUP, previously I had augmented Pantin+2.
The Augment bonus from Pantin was nice but I assume 2% more Haste should be better than that?
Would depend on how much other pet haste you have and whether or not you're using Turbo Charge/wind maneuvers since both haste values count toward the same 25% cap.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-19 04:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah of course I was assuming for that 2% to matter ;)
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-12-19 04:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

5% Crit hit rate seems hard to beat when the Auto is attacking alone. *shrug* I don't often do stuff using just the Auto though, so I'm not an expert on its sets.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-19 07:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If we were talking about a player character then I'm leaning to think @22% base haste if you could choose in a slot between 2% haste and 5% crit the first would win for TP damage.
I only have 3/5 in Fine Tuning btw so it would be "only" 3% crit.
And I tipically use Sharpshoot, so only his melee hits would gain the benefit (since ranged attacks cannot crit)
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-12-19 08:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, they can. They changed that awhile ago. You're also right, it's only 3%. I mixed up Optimization and Fine-tuning.

Using Sharpshot, in most cases you will be using at least 1 wind maneuver if not 2/3. So lets assume 15% haste. Which means you need ~10% to cap, which we know is not a problem with new gear especially when you're talking about a set used for when it is only the Automaton attacking.

So, the next question is, by using 2 less haste in the hands slot (meaning you'd need 6% in gear rather than 4% to cap haste with 1 wind maneuver), how much of a hit are you taking to gear? I assume at this point, not much seeing as this can be easily made up with either a mixture of Foire legs/feet/Shaolin belt, or Murzim Zucchetto. Your other slots can then be filled with Pet:DT- or whatever miniscule pet stat increases are available.

The only honest time I see Regimen winning is when A) You are using a hybrid set rather than a pet only set. B) When your Automaton is having troubles hitting its target (which is often times remedied well enough by ilvl animators and thunder/wind maneuvers.)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-19 08:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well nobody forces you to equip Turbo Charger though.
Altough you'd have a fair point saying that there hardly are comparable things to equip to increase damage, not in the Wind element slots at least.

Anyway, when I care for pet damage I think I tipically don't have maneuvers up.
Example of a typical situation: me afking at a Lair Reive.
I just engage and go afk at max distance.
Before Regimen Mittens this used to be my setup:

Burattinaios / __ / ani / oils
Anwig / Puppetry / Cirque / ?
Mirke / Pantin+2 (A) / ? / ?
Pantin / Hurch'lan / AF3+2 / 109AF

Mirke has Attack and DA/Crit I think. Anwig has 5% Haste and -10%DT
As for Attachments ungh, I'm not home, I think I was using:
Attuner / TSpring II / Scope / Drum Magazine
Turbo / APlate II / MJammer II / Coiler
Target Marker / Volt Gun / Optic Fiber / ARepair Kit II

Hope I'm not mistaken, but should be more or less like that.
Could stick a Dynamo in place of Target Marker but I don't have it yet lol
Either way, that's 22% haste.
Of course it's a kind of setup where I don't melee with my pet. First of all because I'm AFK xD Secondly because if I wanted to, I wouldn't probably be equipping stuff like AF3+2 Legs, Mirke and Anwig. Arguably Hurch'lan's Sash too (I tipically TP in Windbuffet/Cetl)

I think in this specific situation Regimen should come out above.
In other situations, Regimen Gloves would allow you to equip better gear for yourself without sacrificing your stats in favour of Pet: Haste stuff, no?
I think at least, dunno tell me what you think of it D:
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-12-19 08:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in this specific situation Regimen should come out above.
In other situations, Regimen Gloves would allow you to equip better gear for yourself without sacrificing your stats in favour of Pet: Haste stuff, no?
I think at least, dunno tell me what you think of it D:
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
The only honest time I see Regimen winning is when A) You are using a hybrid set rather than a pet only set. B) When your Automaton is having troubles hitting its target (which is often times remedied well enough by ilvl animators and thunder/wind maneuvers.)
This covers most of that question.

As for the topic of hybrid sets, I never liked 'em as in most cases you're better off gearing yourself rather than wasting slots on stuff for your puppet or attempting to make gear fit in. However, with newer armor making hybriding easier(looking at you Foire+1) and the ilvl animators increasing Automaton damage output, I have to look at things differently. That said, I don't find it hard to spam Wind maneuvers or cycle wind/thunder/wind or similar variations without overloading. Meaning I find it much less appealing to gear pet haste than to simply fit in what works for the master and hope it synergizes with the puppet on its own.

TLDR: Couldn't tell ya.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-12-19 09:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What are stats on Divinator?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-19 09:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the topic of hybrid sets, I never liked 'em
Tbh I never liked 'em much on PUP, 'til now at least.
But that's because usually the loss on your damage was unreasonable more often than not.
I kinda liked it on BST back in the days instead, but I was using BST for different things.

Quote:
I don't find it hard to spam Wind maneuvers
oh but it's not! But the thing is I'm phisically not in front of my PC or doing other things with it. I *literally* go away from the game after I engaged.
Of course I could set up a script or something but meh, I prefer to just stay sneak/invisible in case some other players comes and *** up.
When I'm not afk I usually keep wind/thunder/fire up.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-12-19 09:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the topic of hybrid sets, I never liked 'em
Tbh I never liked 'em much on PUP, 'til now at least.
But that's because usually the loss on your damage was unreasonable more often than not.
I kinda liked it on BST back in the days instead, but I was using BST for different things.

Quote:
I don't find it hard to spam Wind maneuvers
oh but it's not! But the thing is I'm phisically not in front of my PC or doing other things with it. I *literally* go away from the game after I engaged.
Of course I could set up a script or something but meh, I prefer to just stay sneak/invisible in case some other players comes and *** up.
When I'm not afk I usually keep wind/thunder/fire up.
This brings us to a point though. Does efficiency, or whatever you want to call it at this point, really matter in an event where you literally engage your pet and walk away?

This is why I didn't answer much. I can't stand the idea of afking while letting my pet fight something. I'll leave my comments at that.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-12-19 16:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is why I didn't answer much. I can't stand the idea of afking while letting my pet fight something. I'll leave my comments at that.

I'm fine with afking while my pet beats down a reive for a chance at the crappy drop rate capes. And I use a full pet haste gear build to do so, which speeds up the overall fight time. Leaves me free to not have to babysit maneuvers, allows me to keep sneak/invis up if desired (especially if other people cause a risk of MPK), and gives me time to go make a sandwich or write a work email :)

ItemSet 317189

For what it's worth, for a pet build the Foire feet are the only piece from the set I'd use (and the 109/119 are identical for pet stat purposes). The rest of the head/body/hands/legs slots I prefer my above choices to the 109 or 119 Foire.

For situations where I'm meleeing with my puppet, Regimen mittens are still a pretty damn good option:

Regimen: DEF:90 HP+25 STR+11 DEX+35 VIT+32 AGI+5 INT+12 MND+30 CHR+17 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+37 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+5% Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20 Haste+6%

Otronif (base stats): DEF:74 HP+22 STR+8 DEX+27 VIT+22 AGI+5 INT+8 MND+22 CHR+13 Accuracy+8 Evasion+15 Magic Evasion+21 "Store TP"+7 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+4%

Which boils down to:
Regimen: DEF:16 HP+3 STR+3 DEX+8 VIT+10 INT+4 MND+8 CHR+4 Evasion+9 Magic Evasion+16 Haste+1%
Pet: Accuracy+20 Ranged Accuracy+20 Magic Accuracy+20 Haste+6%

Otronif (base stats): Accuracy+8 "Store TP"+7
Plus your Otronif augment.

All I have to say is you'd better have a damn good Otronif augment (probably DA+2 only) to even consider that as a better choice. For me, I'll choose Regimen over the DA+1 I have on my Otronif hands. And it frees you up to more easily cap automaton haste with a single wind maneuver, and use stuff like thunder or fire instead, or light (optic fiber), earth for defense, etc.

I agree that meleeing alongside your puppet you probably want to think about yourself first, and treat pet stats as a bonus. Which is why I'm kind of cool on the Foire set in general, it doesn't add enough to beat the other master-focused options (Body+1 is an awfully nice hybrid defense piece that retains some offense, but STILL won't beat Thaumas from an offensive standpoint)

BUT... when you get a massive chunk of pet stats on one piece like you do with Regimen, it certainly makes sense to consider over small advantages for the master from an alternative. For instance, my below general purpose meleeing with Sharpshot or Valoredge set, which you can see does nothing for my puppet outside of hands. I might also consider Hurch'lan Sash (if I felt I needed acc) or Pantin Cape (if I felt I didn't need acc from back), but I make that decision more based on the master's needs than the puppet's.

ItemSet 317190
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2013-12-20 04:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Capuchin, you really got what I have in mind.
"Efficiency" might not be particularly important for something I afk on, but the faster the better.
And it's not like Regimen is one of those items who give stats to your pet at the expense of the master's stats. It's an excellent item to use against what I typically use (Otronif with +1DA)

Maybe not better like Capu said, but not that much worse either. I'd call them pretty close, and better if you can benefit from the 1% additional haste. (very unlikely, at least in Ionis zones)
 Leviathan.Darkcloudx
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Darkcloudx 2013-12-20 16:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know which SCKNM Gnafron's Adargas drops from or how much skill they give to the automaton
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [85 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-03-15 17:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Was checking out dispersal mantle, and wiki shows automaton additional buffs where bg wiki does not show them. For those who have, those hidden stats or wiki mistake?
 Carbuncle.Conini
Server: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2014-03-15 17:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dispersal mantle is part of the Foire attire? That's wikia for you

Anyways...

I own the cape personally and just did a rough check on the Auto HP/MP boost to make sure; Nope :( Wikia lies as usual. As for the haste... I leave it to someone else to go test that. But judging from foire, and haste... it looks like some(drunk)one mixed Dispersal Mantle with Foire Tobe's stats.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-03-15 17:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Conini said: »
Dispersal mantle is part of the Foire attire? That's wikia for you Anyways... I own the cape personally and just did a rough check on the Auto HP/MP boost to make sure; Nope :( Wikia lies as usual. As for the haste... I leave it to someone else to go test that. But judging from foire, and haste... it looks like some(drunk)one mixed Dispersal Mantle with Foire Tobe's stats.

thx, i figured as much but since I still have not gotten most of the backs I actually want...couldn't tell for myself, lol.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-03-20 15:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Magneto provides an 84 stat boost to all stats, with a slight hp/mp boost over em. animator (very small like 10~30 hp/mp depending on frame), one more thing over, while running my Salvage SSR II run I noticed that unlike previous runs with em. animator magic dmg from dvrger seemed to cap out @ 200-ish on high dmging nukes (compared to 600~700 with em. animator) normal/resisted nukes still hit for round 67 on Sharpshot frame.

Figured I'd give a little experience for this new in-between em. animator and divinator.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-20 23:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you check paramaters with magneto versus em. animator? I'm saving up the 150k plasm now, although I think I will see it drop during delve before that.
 Cerberus.Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-03-21 02:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

These are done with SS (since this is where you're gonna see most stats since used more for DD over VE). No additional pet boost gear (EG: Cirque pants for skill bonus)

Attachments:
Tension Spring II / Attuner / Drum Mag / Turbo Charger
Target Marker / Coiler / Barrage Turb / Armor Plate II
Optic Fiber / Mana Jammer II / Heat Sink / Auto Repair II

Em. Animator:
Primary Acc: 674/ Primary Attack: 885
Aux: n/a
Ranged Acc: 698/ Ranged attack 940
Evasion: 714/ Defense: 685

Magneto:
Primary Acc: 694/ Primary Attack: 908
Aux: n/a
Ranged Acc: 717/ Ranged Attack: 963
Evasion: 733/ Deff: 715

Sorry bout long delay on post
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-03-21 12:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the update, unless I get divinator in my 2 DM runs today I'll have to pick up magneto.