Salvage II Soloable?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage II soloable?
Salvage II soloable?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-02-13 13:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Arziet said: »
Experienced a connection loss at the final floor of Zhayolm Remnants II. After immediately logging in the I was warped into Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. I still had more then ample time to finish the run having only been inside under ~30mins. I was under the impression that this glitch had been fixed in a past update?

This is what I sent to SE: They responded with "Please check your internet connections to be sure they are connected properly or contact your service provider".

/Sigh. in no way answering weather or not they realized this issue has reemerged.

Is this issue only with Salvage II zones? I've d/c'd in SSR solo due to some odd connection hiccup but came back in same spot, but definitely never had it happen yet on Salvage II.

On a side note, PUP in SSR II is easy for both NQ and HQ bosses, especially if you have semi-decent to good pet gear set. Though I do notice that nukes are a little unpredictable, ranging from 60 all the way to 1.2k on maton. With few exceptions, I typically only need to repair once a fight for both NQ and HQ chairman bosses, but having switched merits over to repair recast helps in that fashion just in case a few back to back high dmg nukes. On a side note, if you don't have a great pet gear set up putting out VE frame against HQ boss is a good way to keep things safe(albeit slow, but honestly time shouldn't be much of an issue with iLVL gear) by the time you hit 60~50% HQ will have spent all mp and will only be able to toss out Aspir II's and maybe a random DOT spell, which means only real "issue" you have to work with is Necrobane/Necropurge.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-02-13 13:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
Experienced a connection loss at the final floor of Zhayolm Remnants II. After immediately logging in the I was warped into Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. I still had more then ample time to finish the run having only been inside under ~30mins. I was under the impression that this glitch had been fixed in a past update?

This is what I sent to SE: They responded with "Please check your internet connections to be sure they are connected properly or contact your service provider".

/Sigh. in no way answering weather or not they realized this issue has reemerged.

Is this issue only with Salvage II zones? I've d/c'd in SSR solo due to some odd connection hiccup but came back in same spot, but definitely never had it happen yet on Salvage II.

you have 3 mins to get back if not you will be warped out.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-08 19:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I hadn't gone back to Bhaf II since before SoA came out and I was really tired of farming AR II for the 200th time, so today I tried /run sub on dancer and it works really good on the bosses.
I remember back when I couldnt touch this zone unless I dragged along a mura sam or mnk to formless strikes them to death. Not the case anymore.

Water runes, barfire and the subjob's prot/shell II along with a Buquwik cape and fire sachet to bump resists up give you enough fire resist so the blaze spikes do single digit damage or 0's most of the time.
The only time you need your mp is for the bosses and prot/shell before floor warping up, but I grabbed sanction with the refresh bonus.

Ululation (para) is easy to waltz off with the split timers and gates of hades/firespit/Acheron flame only do like 50-300 damage.

It takes a few minutes more to kill them compared to khimairas in AR2 because you fight against some of its -dt and the occasional magma hoplon, but the fight is not as hazardous.
So if you need the zoneplans, or the 45 armor pieces (like Idi's Ledelsens to make skadi+1 shoes) or just want another place to alex farm solo, its a safe and decent option to mix things up.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-03-10 17:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Done what Sapphire did on a lesser geared Dancer and killed all the NMs in the path. Except the Dark Knight Troll which is popped by killing all 4.

My advice is keep up the Box Steps, since the PDT jumps high when he starts getting low HP. Weapon Skill with Wild Flourishes to slow down the PDT a bit. I found it much easier to Bhaflau than Arrapago with Dancer. I had trouble killing the Chariot in 3 Mins below.

I can suck but I don't plan to heavy gear my dancer.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-03-10 18:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

THE Dark knight troll, if we're talking about the same one that is, is popped from just opening the door on the east or west side. To get the NM trolls to pop in NE NW SE and SW corners only 1 of the 4 central trolls needs to be killed to pop that too. One run I missed the NE RDM troll then went to port NE and the RDM NM troll wasnt up.

One of the best jobs for solo BR2 would probably be SCH/RDM.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2014-03-10 18:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
THE Dark knight troll, if we're talking about the same one that is, is popped from just opening the door on the east or west side. To get the NM trolls to pop in NE NW SE and SW corners only 1 of the 4 central trolls needs to be killed to pop that too. One run I missed the NE RDM troll then went to port NE and the RDM NM troll wasnt up.

Ah, I was wrong then. I'll get it next time for Cotton Purse. I killed all 4 when I static with 2 friends. I never questioned and just believed it.
 Ragnarok.Llantosub
Server: Ragnarok
user: llantosub
By Ragnarok.Llantosub 2014-03-10 18:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to spend 100min in salvage and can be satisfied with just a guaranteed linen drop (2 if lucky or cotton purses) go PUP/DNC.
Bhaflau remnants II just 4 floors. Average geared following bgwiki Ritualistic Plans route. Can skip nms and just head to NQ+HQ bosses or try for purses w/ nms. Use the rdm puppet if agro and don't want waste time fighting ventriloqui and deactivate to lose that aggro. On HQ boss can use 1hr on rdm puppet half way through fight to speed nuke kill.
Practice makes perfect.
By cervelo84 2014-03-20 18:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ARII is easy and the only one I bother with.

Get your unlocks on floor 1,2 and if you still need something floor 3. Then you get body armor on floor 5 and you can kill archaic gears then move to 6 with armored chariot and NQ Khimiria then on 7 its the mega boss.

I skip the acolith's the drop rate is very low for the extra time spent.

I sometimes skip the mirrors and archaic gears on floor 5 if I am trying to save some time.

This will save me 15 minutes.

Total full run is about 45 mins on Monk.

If I skip Archaic gears on floor 5 and go straight for the bosses on 6/7 then it takes about 25 minutes - sometimes 20. If I just need to get a run in because I missed it and its almost JP midnight then I will do this. Time crunch etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Xodia
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-05-08 05:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Did BR2 on mnk/run yesterday and it was really easy, used a regen set and with swordplay on i was hardly hit at all. unda runes really great too for wamouracampa at start and i didnt get hp unlock.
For NQ nad Boss i never went below yellow just used chakra on Nq to top me up and gates of hades was doing like 50dmg. used remedies for para often resisted it tho with barpara on.

Hq was easy aswell just HF+formless it down pop inner str if needed or chakra. Ended with 136 alex 39+97. Run is a much better sub for this ^^.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-06-18 18:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m looking for a recommendation for soloing AR2 on my alt. As of right now I can clear it on SCH/BLM, but doing so is a massive pain in my ***, so essentially I’m looking for the path of least resistance to burning and gearing a job that can get the win without sucking my will to live… Yesterday I cleared all gears and mega boss in 1 hour and 14 minutes on SCH, and it’s not the time that bugs me so much, it’s the constantly hitting my spell macro for that 1 hour and 14 minutes straight that makes me hate it so much. I’ve tried to go as BRD/DNC dual-wielding daggers and using Exenterator, but BRD just takes entirely too much damage with its D evasion rating to be viable as I would guess somewhere in the vicinity of 90% of my TP was going towards cures all but eliminating any possibility I might have of killing that chariot in under 3 minutes... Long story short, I’m not really looking to gear a job that will ever see any action outside of this one event, so that being said, do you think the DNC/THF route would suffice if I just toss some base skirmish and/or Qaaxo gear at it?

Thanks in advance… I can continue to solo on SCH for now, but I don’t know how much longer morale will hold out doing that; it really sucks, but that alex doesn’t farm itself lol
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-06-18 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering you have most jobs lvl'd, should be able to just get full sparks gear if so as not to spend time optimizing any job "not used" outside of the event. I personally like pup/dnc and do SSR II with no issues, have whm frame out till you hit first boss, switch to ranged frame and you can either keep it out to kill gears/switch back to whm frame and kill gears and switch back to ranged for final boss. That's how I farmed my alex for my mythic, on alt and main.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Server: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2014-06-18 18:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
I’m looking for a recommendation for soloing AR2 on my alt. As of right now I can clear it on SCH/BLM, but doing so is a massive pain in my ***, so essentially I’m looking for the path of least resistance to burning and gearing a job that can get the win without sucking my will to live… Yesterday I cleared all gears and mega boss in 1 hour and 14 minutes on SCH, and it’s not the time that bugs me so much, it’s the constantly hitting my spell macro for that 1 hour and 14 minutes straight that makes me hate it so much. I’ve tried to go as BRD/DNC dual-wielding daggers and using Exenterator, but BRD just takes entirely too much damage with its D evasion rating to be viable as I would guess somewhere in the vicinity of 90% of my TP was going towards cures all but eliminating any possibility I might have of killing that chariot in under 3 minutes... Long story short, I’m not really looking to gear a job that will ever see any action outside of this one event, so that being said, do you think the DNC/THF route would suffice if I just toss some base skirmish and/or Qaaxo gear at it?

Thanks in advance… I can continue to solo on SCH for now, but I don’t know how much longer morale will hold out doing that; it really sucks, but that alex doesn’t farm itself lol

i have a Tarutaru THF/DNC mule that can clear AR2 NP, not TOP notch gear, but most of it sent from my Main that was extra from Delve/WKR. shouldnt need much to gear up THF
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-06-18 18:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering you have most jobs lvl'd, should be able to just get full sparks gear if so as not to spend time optimizing any job "not used" outside of the event. I personally like pup/dnc and do SSR II with no issues, have whm frame out till you hit first boss, switch to ranged frame and you can either keep it out to kill gears/switch back to whm frame and kill gears and switch back to ranged for final boss. That's how I farmed my alex for my mythic, on alt and main.

My main can clear easily, it's my alt that I'm working on... My alt only has WHM, SCH, and BRD leveled atm, but has dagger skill already and two decent daggers from my rather horrendous BRD/DNC attempt.

Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »
i have a Tarutaru THF/DNC mule that can clear AR2 NP, not TOP notch gear, but most of it sent from my Main that was extra from Delve/WKR. shouldnt need much to gear up THF

I was thinking DNC might be the better approach with less than optimal gear... I can still manage TH3 with /THF and Chaac belt, but leveling THF might still be a good choice.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-06-18 18:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My main can clear easily, it's my alt that I'm working on... My alt only has WHM, SCH, and BRD leveled atm, but has dagger skill already and two decent daggers from my rather horrendous BRD/DNC attempt.

Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »

I was thinking DNC might be the better approach with less than optimal gear... I can still manage TH3 with /THF and Chaac belt, but leveling THF might be still be a good choice.

EDIT: An edit gone awry, it seems :o
 Ragnarok.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Ragnarok.Trixan 2014-07-04 07:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I hadn't gone back to Bhaf II since before SoA came out and I was really tired of farming AR II for the 200th time, so today I tried /run sub on dancer and it works really good on the bosses.
I remember back when I couldnt touch this zone unless I dragged along a mura sam or mnk to formless strikes them to death. Not the case anymore.

Water runes, barfire and the subjob's prot/shell II along with a Buquwik cape and fire sachet to bump resists up give you enough fire resist so the blaze spikes do single digit damage or 0's most of the time.
The only time you need your mp is for the bosses and prot/shell before floor warping up, but I grabbed sanction with the refresh bonus.

Ululation (para) is easy to waltz off with the split timers and gates of hades/firespit/Acheron flame only do like 50-300 damage.

It takes a few minutes more to kill them compared to khimairas in AR2 because you fight against some of its -dt and the occasional magma hoplon, but the fight is not as hazardous.
So if you need the zoneplans, or the 45 armor pieces (like Idi's Ledelsens to make skadi+1 shoes) or just want another place to alex farm solo, its a safe and decent option to mix things up.
Siren.Novadragon said: »
Done what Sapphire did on a lesser geared Dancer and killed all the NMs in the path. Except the Dark Knight Troll which is popped by killing all 4.

My advice is keep up the Box Steps, since the PDT jumps high when he starts getting low HP. Weapon Skill with Wild Flourishes to slow down the PDT a bit. I found it much easier to Bhaflau than Arrapago with Dancer. I had trouble killing the Chariot in 3 Mins below.

I can suck but I don't plan to heavy gear my dancer.

I just came back a while ago and my dnc is average geared. I did bhaflau II the other day as dnc/run and it took me like an hour and twenty to complete. I felt like my kill speed on boss and hq boss was extremely slow. On boss I use water runes, swipe, lunge, and climactic flourish + rudra's storm. Any tips?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-07-04 08:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you farming alex or plans/gear? If alex, then do paggo; Khim is the easiest in my opinion
 Shiva.Trixan
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Trixan 2014-07-04 08:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Are you farming alex or plans/gear? If alex, then do paggo; Khim is the easiest in my opinion

I do it for alexandrites. I do arrapago II on thief but I need to do a second zone because of the 24 wait period. I don't know if the others are soloable but I know bhaflau II is.
By Wordspoken 2014-07-04 08:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trixan said: »

I do it for alexandrites. I do arrapago II on thief but I need to do a second zone because of the 24 wait period. I don't know if the others are soloable but I know bhaflau II is.
ZR2 is soloable too, I did it with dnc/nin (also once on blu/nin). No reason why SSR2 shouldn't be soloable, but I haven't tried it myself.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-04 08:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been doing br2 back to back in same day. Not sure if the restriction is already working.
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2014-07-04 08:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »

ZR2 is soloable too, I did it with dnc/nin (also once on blu/nin). No reason why SSR2 shouldn't be soloable, but I haven't tried it myself.
Pantafernando said: »

Ive been doing br2 back to back in same day. Not sure if the restriction is already working.

Any spefific strats or attack patterns? Im pretty new to dnc.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-04 09:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Any spefific strats or attack patterns? Im pretty new to dnc.

Ive been douing br2 thf and blm, but if you try to solo with dagger users, if you can increase your aeolian damage, you can speed up when cerberus pdt start kicking.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-04 09:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also formless strike works in that phase. Prob blu and pup can deal good magic and physical dmg.
 Shiva.Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2014-07-04 09:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Im only focusing on dnc though lol.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-04 11:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Trixan said: »

I just came back a while ago and my dnc is average geared. I did bhaflau II the other day as dnc/run and it took me like an hour and twenty to complete. I felt like my kill speed on boss and hq boss was extremely slow. On boss I use water runes, swipe, lunge, and climactic flourish + rudra's storm. Any tips?

If you take that long, I am going to assume you are trying to full clear and do the lesser bosses in hope of a cotton. Don't do that - As someone who has farmed salvage way too much for 2 mythics and working on a third, the lesser NMs in general don't put out a cotton often enough.

for Bhaf II, the only notable stopping point for alex's that isnt the boss is on 3F, in the last large room that has a single rampart that pops after you kill the 3 gears. The reinforcement gears that pop out of that always give at least 1 alex.
All other gears and lesser NMs(acroliths that pop miniboss,etc) you encounter on your trip through the zone should be avoided when possible to shave alot of time off your run.
The yield *is* lower in this zone, but if you need a 2nd zone option this is your somewhat slower, but foolproof option compared to AR2.

As for it still being slow, unless you have gearsets to show I cant offer much general advice besides eat some halfway decent meat food like marble steak/hedgehog pie and have patentia sash/dudgeon/heartseeker earring+charis body as your core tp set.
Also dont use the /run runes until you get to the boss, so you can use haste samba on everything else you have to kill on your way up faster.

Too much waltz/stepping drags the fight out on this, I would recommend trying to ride sabredance as much as you can and manually click it off or just pop into fandance(which you should just be in fulltime since you cant samba with runes) once you reach your comfort zone with letting your hp get low.

I have a feeling that most people tend to overdo refreshing their JA/rune/barspell which incurs alot of JA delay (and dps loss) making the fight last alittle longer than it really needs to be. Something to keep an eye on when you try to optimize your time on this fight.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2014-07-04 12:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

BR2? dnc/whm took me 45-60 mins per run. I didn't even bother with AE, just do enough dmg for first 3-5 mins and slowly take it down. Barfira alone gave enough protection to GoH/AF, I did have 5/5 wayfarer for a makeshift fireresist/mdt set. It was good enough.

For weapons, JSE/homestead, ate RCB. haste+dia2 on nq/hq cerb. Boringly easy. Not good for alex, I just grabbed some tutelary plans and hq boss for some alex.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-04 12:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn orthrus, wont drop my namrus legs...
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-04 12:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That took me about 15 runs...
By Pantafernando 2014-07-04 13:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

That took me about 15 runs...

Im at 20. One pair dropped before, but when i gave to npc...
He gave me back nabus shalwar ; ;...
 Bismarck.Hellkyte
Server: Bismarck
user: hellkyte
By Bismarck.Hellkyte 2014-07-04 13:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing SSR2 on my SMN mule for months. It's pretty easy for pet jobs. If you just go for boss and get your pathos unlock routine down, you can do a run in 15-20 min, depending on luck with unlocks. If you go as DD i would recommend /nin for the last bosses as their T5 nukes can still hurt, might be a good idea to have a mdt set also. And be sure to bring a stack of holy water, if necrobane lands things can get annoying.