Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Question about EMP 95 / 99 trials / VW
Question about EMP 95 / 99 trials / VW
By cervelo84 2013-11-22 07:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

A few questions.

Its been a while since I did VW, can you spam VW more then 6x times?

Do you need to stagger to get drops?

Is it recommended you get pulse cells or w/e they are called or just go as a THF for the Drops.

Which VW is the best for low-man?

Recommended jobs for this VW?

What is the average drop rate or HMP / Riftdross? I seem to remember getting like 10 HMP at once.. But I can't remember.

Thanks everyone!
By cervelo84 2013-11-22 07:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and my jobs that my wife and I have decent gear for would be BST and PUP for me, Have ilv119 weps.

and she plays DNC

Maybe not the most desired but I would think they would be just fine?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-22 07:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be better to farm gil and buy the HMPs in your case.

BST and PUP will never get any invites. DNC not likely.

VW is one of those things that the more people you get, the better chance of drops. 18 people of various jobs is usually the norm, however that is nearly impossible now since almost nobody actually does VW anymore.

So, good luck getting HMPs, you should farm the gil and buy it that way.
 Odin.Ketsuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Ketsuu 2013-11-22 08:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
A few questions.

Its been a while since I did VW, can you spam VW more then 6x times?

Do you need to stagger to get drops?

Is it recommended you get pulse cells or w/e they are called or just go as a THF for the Drops.

Which VW is the best for low-man?

Recommended jobs for this VW?

What is the average drop rate or HMP / Riftdross? I seem to remember getting like 10 HMP at once.. But I can't remember.

Thanks everyone!

You can spam VW as many times as you want, there is no limit (except for how many stones you have and how many are available on the AH) - you can only hold 6 at a time if you have all 3 KIs.

I believe you need to cap Red for maximum drops.

You should get Rubicund cells (3 each kill you do, so a 6x kill round is going to need ideally 18 total.)

I used to do Qilin ALOT and hes pretty easy/straight forward, as long as everyone has temps (fanatics/potions/dd drinks) and has a decent drop rate on pouches (ive gotten 4 pouches in a 6 kill round, but i have also gone 0/70, so it depends on luck i suppose, but average is probably around 1 pouch every ~15 kills or so.)

As stated above, the more jobs/people you have the better. Try to get a good variety of jobs, then get some DDs (the more diverse your alliance set up is = faster to get red capped - this doesnt mean you NEED a bunch of people/jobs for red cap, but it helps alot.) I recommend bringing 2-3 BLM (1 will suffice if trying to low man) a SCH, a WHM or 2, DDs (dont be afraid to bring all kinds, DRG, DRK, WAR, MNK, RNG, etc), a BLU or 2, THF or DNC can aid in dagger/step & flourish procs (DNC can sub WAR and be a pretty good DD as well if properly geared), a SMN, and CORs and BRDs are also a plus (can buff and proc)

EDIT: If you had to, you could probably duo/trio Qilin with a really good DD and a really good WHM, but would likely stuggle getting any amount of red unless you get lucky.
By Spiraboo 2013-11-22 09:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're extremely unlucky on procs (which can of course happen), i'd say the minimal you want to bring is 5 - 2 DDs (ilvl119 to churn down the mob once you have light caps), brd , whm, blm/sch. Most of the time that will be sufficient to cap red light and kill it comfortably (assuming you got temps). MNK and Warrior is probably a good idea so you can cover a fair amount of weapons if you struggle for red light or if white happens to be a weapon skill. Consider getting your brd or whm to sub /nin to proc some ninja spell.

If you want to gather people Uptala might be a better choice than Qilin, because Mura pulse cells may still interest a few people, whereas qilin's dagger is.. meh.

Buying HMPs will save you a lot of time but depending on your server the supply is probably scarce... I've been trying to buy HMP but there's only like 1-3 people bazaaring them (some at ridiculous price).

I think you are going to struggle low manning it with BST/PUP and DNC if that's what you're thinking. It'll take a lot of time and you probably can't replenish temps fast enough to keep yourself alive. (bear in mind you have a 30min limit on these things, so letting your pet soloing it will probbaly result in a timeout.) Plus, without lights you'll just get 4 logs or something silly as your reward.

Best way to do this is to shout for a run, you can go as long as you gathered the bare minimum (and if you shout "going in 10 mins" people will start joining - When I setup my runs once I get about 10/18 with key jobs secured, I shout "going in 10 mins", the alliance gets filled by the time 10 mins pass..). And buy HMP from people in your alliance if they got pouches and don't need them. Last run I got about 80 HMPs from 18 uptalas, and only 13 of which was from actual drop.. lol

For riftdross - you might want to do Morta because the body is still attractive for sch stun set. People believe Morta has a better drop rate than Ig alima on cinder/dross, but I'm not sure whether that is true or not.

In general HMP drop rates is probabaly about 1/8 or 1/10 from eyeballing in my experience(with red light capped every fight). Riftcinder/riftdross is much worse...
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-11-22 11:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If Tarzan's character is anything like what I remember, voidwatch isn't going to be a very efficient way to get your chars up to speed.

Unless you feel like doing a lot of shouting, you're probably best off killing Delve field NMs, selling the plutons/boulders/betitsu, and buying the plates.

You're not going to duo uptala or morta, and it's quite difficult to get a VW shout off the ground on Carby.

To answer one of your questions, the droprate is not fantastic by any means (click the voidwatch chest tab on the links).

http://ffxidb.com/items/5910

http://ffxidb.com/items/3509

http://ffxidb.com/items/3499

http://ffxidb.com/items/3498

Unless you have 6ish competent players ready to form the skeleton of the shout, VW is not much of a gilmaker these days when you take shout time into consideration.
[+]
By cervelo84 2013-11-22 12:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Each and every post was great. Thanks guys.
[+]