Need Some Advise For Brd Gear From New Campaign Gear

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Need some advise for brd gear from new campaign gear
Need some advise for brd gear from new campaign gear
 Caitsith.Brodiewan
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: brodiewan
By Caitsith.Brodiewan 2009-07-21 13:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As being a merited mostly full time bard i'm looking at two of the new campaign battle rewards from the new rank:

Earthly Belt with Earth Macc+3

and

Temple Earring with Light Macc+1

Since i have the corresponding grips and HQ staffs for elegy and sleeps would it better the chances of the spells landing and sticking if gear swapped in via macro?

Any help would be great.
Thank You in advance!
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-21 14:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think if you're under the soft cap for CHR, the Corsette +1 (Or Gleemans) equals out to be about the same amount of MACC. If you're at or above the CHR softcap, then the raw MACC would benefit you more. Though, you'd still need to carry the Corsette or Gleemans for your light spells and Singing/Wind/Musical/Melody for your Earth spells, and I dont know about you but when I bard, Im already close to max inventory.

Personally, I already have a decent land rate on Elegy, Finale, and even Requiem, so I dont think I'm going to be in much of a hurry to get these pieces, especially given the rarity of my inventory. If you have the room and the gear set for it, though, more power to you. :3
[+]
 Caitsith.Brodiewan
By Caitsith.Brodiewan 2009-07-21 14:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have the gear list other than musical and i wear Chr+2 earring atm til i can find a wind or singing. I dont have trouble landing songs usually. Just wanted some input. Thanks!
 Bahamut.Reeses
Server: Bahamut
user: Reeses
By Bahamut.Reeses 2009-07-21 14:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So your songs are already landing and you are looking to change your setup....

FYI: If a BRD keeps 2 (appropriate) songs on everyone in the party, keeps chain with fast pulls and debuffs the mob, that bard could be naked and the party wouldn't even think of kicking the BRD.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-21 14:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Reeses said:

FYI: If a BRD keeps 2 (appropriate) songs on everyone in the party, keeps chain with fast pulls and debuffs the mob, that bard could be naked and the party wouldn't even think of kicking the BRD.

I think the question and gear was more suited towards endgame bard, where you're expected to land debuffs on Sky/Sea gods, Omega/Ultima, Odin, etc.

And speaking as a 'career' bard, if I make a party on my Rdm, and the bard shows up naked w/ an NQ instrument, I dont hesitate at all to kick them. :X I cant stand a lazy bard, even in something as basic as meripo.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-07-21 14:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Reeses said:

There's more to beeing a brd than just march merit pt's all day long...
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-07-21 14:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Alijah said:
I think if you're under the soft cap for CHR, the Corsette +1 (Or Gleemans) equals out to be about the same amount of MACC. If you're at or above the CHR softcap, then the raw MACC would benefit you more. Though, you'd still need to carry the Corsette or Gleemans for your light spells and Singing/Wind/Musical/Melody for your Earth spells, and I dont know about you but when I bard, Im already close to max inventory.

Personally, I already have a decent land rate on Elegy, Finale, and even Requiem, so I dont think I'm going to be in much of a hurry to get these pieces, especially given the rarity of my inventory. If you have the room and the gear set for it, though, more power to you. :3

I agree with this.

The Earthly Belt just seems like a side-grade from Corsette+1/Gleeman's, and it's not even a particularly good sidegrade as you'd still have to carry the aforementioned belts for light-based debuffs and Threnodies. If anything, I'd use a Swift Belt in the waist slot if the loss of 6 CHR did not negatively affect your resist rate. Since I'm Mithra...yeah, I'm still with the Gleeman's and use Swift only on Finale.

Looking over your gear, you're look like you're set for the most part. You need to get Sea though! You're missing out on the oh-so-nice AF+1 gloves and legs. ;)
[+]
 Bahamut.Reeses
user: Reeses
By Bahamut.Reeses 2009-07-21 16:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Reeses said:

There's more to beeing a brd than just march merit pt's all day long...

Who said anything about just march pts??
I was stating that if the BRD is doing a good job keeping 2 (appropriate) songs on all party members, keeping the chain alive with fast pulls and debuffing (elegy/finale) on the mob, then the party will not care what belt, ring, earing, staff, strap, etc... they are wearing.

As for the "End Game" BRD, you will only find youself in 2 situations:
1) You can land songs without a problem - you can /NIN, /WHM or whatever sub you want. You can also wear whatever gear you want(within reason).
2) You have to ES to land a much needed Elegy - You have to /BLM, but you can also wear whatever gear you want(within reason).

In neither of the 2 stiuations above will the earthly belt over gleeman's belt (or vice versa) make any difference.
 Caitsith.Brodiewan
By Caitsith.Brodiewan 2009-07-21 17:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Mainly looking at "endgame" for the question (sry i didnt state earlier).
Most of my gear upgrades are going to coming from salvage being a few pieces (and some gil lol) away from set. Just looking at anyway to do my job better.

thanks for the info! a lot to digest. /salute!
 Bahamut.Memimi
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-07-21 17:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

With the amount of Magic Acc. you can already get in those slots from CHR, it's probably not really worth it.