user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-19 13:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
So far, none can.
Challenge accepted.

A few people said:
Teles stuff
She takes -75% slashing damage, -62.5% blunt damage, and -50% piercing damage, so it's ideal to use piercing unless you're bringing Tomahawk or something.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-19 13:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think 30k Expiacions lines up with a 75% slashing resistance. From what Braden had told me, your tests were done on Siren rather than Teles, which does take super low damage probably for "mission reasons".
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-09-19 13:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, I didn't consider that, whoops
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-19 13:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Foreverj said: »
So what if game gets easy for the elite linkshells. It's hard for me.

No thanks.

Also to those who kept saying BlU isn't top DD thus no nerf should happen. I vaguely remember(correct me if I remember it wrong) when FFXIV ARR was out, BRD wasn't top DD and MNK was, however BRD was the most popular DD at that time and it got nerfed.

DPS job adjustment isn't always based on it's DPS capabilities.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

No thanks.

Also to those who kept saying BlU isn't top DD thus no nerf should happen. I vaguely remember(correct me if I remember it wrong) when FFXIV ARR was out, BRD wasn't top DD and MNK was, however BRD was the most popular DD at that time and it got nerfed.

As an expert in this field, this is incorrect.

When 2.0 was released BRD was incredibly strong as a DPS and had the ability to stay safe at long range. Anyone who played during that time knew how strong BRD was. PLD had also had a huge advantage over WAR when it came to taking spiking damage. Parties were essentially 2x PLD, 2x Healers and how ever many BRDS could find at the time.

MNK had to be buffed significantly before it became known as the powerhouse it was.
 Asura.Foreverj
Server: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-19 13:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Mages: Jobs designed to be in the backline, dealing large amounts of spike damage.

Beastmaster: Job designed to be meleeing with their pet on the frontline.

The range nerf brought the job into the intended design of it all along. BST can still do everything it did before, aside from 1hour cheese with Revitalizers. I have no idea why BST players are still this upset that now they have to run into range to hit a ready macro three times then run out of range instead of sitting in the backline and doing it.

The magic burst buff made mages actually have a place again. When melees became dominant and mages were a joke, SE increased burst damage to give them a role again. When NMs proved far too difficult to tackle with melees and instead we all relied on magic, SE nerfed evasion to justify melees again.

In my opinion, I think they buff magic burst too much. We went from doing 6k victory smite in delve 1 considered decent to 99k magic burst. That's insane buff.

For bst look I'm casual, nothing wrong with watching a movie while solo spamming revitalizer unleash tegmina buffet everything while being safe.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-09-19 13:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks.

You say no thanks, we the casual who plays less then 5 hours a week says yes please.
By Afania 2016-09-19 13:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

No thanks.

When 2.0 was released BRD was incredibly strong as a DPS and had the ability to stay safe at long range. Anyone who played during that time knew how strong BRD was. PLD had also had a huge advantage over WAR when it came to taking spiking damage. Parties were essentially 2x PLD, 2x Healers and how ever many BRDS could find at the time.

MNK had to be buffed significantly before it became known as the powerhouse it was.

I vaguely remember there were a couple of video showing MNK hitting dummy pulling off insane dps thats hard to accomplish on other job, also some of the parse I had suggested MNK pulls ahead.

I believe you think BRD parse high because of mobility, while MNK had to position themselves. When you get a job that can DPS while dodging circles they may come out ahead on parse.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 13:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything bringing up XIV is probably counter intuitive to this argument as there were a lot of times were people bandwagoned behind the weaker class.

2.4 Probably saw the biggest shift in both overall balance and content presented. Everyone still thought MNK and SMN were the top DPS when NIN, DRG and BLM all surpassed them by a jarring amount. They were all given a lot of reasons as to why this was the case but still chose to bandwagon behind those jobs and pick them as their preferred DPS for end-game content.

It wasn't until SE nerfed NIN and players like Chloro Cradle started releasing their parses that everyone thought NIN was too strong. People also didn't realize that SMN was weak until I made a post complaining about it and people seeing competitive BLM numbers of the course of a long time.

DRG would just insta-die in T13 though, which is why MNK still remained relavant but when it came to speed-running towards the end DRG was the way to go over MNK.

If anything, that game is a strong argument and testament to how easily people bandwagon to things and never really notice when a change in strength happens. Fortunately, unlike this game, the bandwagon never leaked over to casual content.
By Afania 2016-09-19 13:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks.

You say no thanks, we the casual who plays less then 5 hours a week says yes please.

I support game design decisions that benefits the game as a whole, not benefitting individuals.

At this point I don't know if you are trolling or not.
By Quizzy 2016-09-19 13:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't clump me in with your crybaby FFXIV mentality.
By Verda 2016-09-19 14:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Challenge accepted.
Being able to win isn't entirely the point. With just a real BRD or real WHM I can win VD levi but my clear times aren't nearly as good, and if I spam it enough or get say magic evasion vs water gear etc, I could pull out a win, eventually that is why I say I think it is possible for THF to win in my post, especially pulling out PD. However a win alone won't address the purpose of the post, which is gil making is far easier and more accessible to BLU, who is in every way able to do this better than other DD jobs, that I have seen. Even if you could make a strat for consistent wins on say THF, you'd have to also merit farm as fast as them, clear as fast as them, and be as consistent as them which due to the points I listed I think is currently not possible. The BLU I've spoken to that does it the most doesn't even have a special spell loadout for Levi, and goes WAR sub and uses berserk. Please don't repurpose the point of the post into showboating. If you do win though, you'll get my congrats, it is just not the point of the post. If any job stood a chance at competing with BLU on this it'd be RUN or NIN, but even they lack the ability to self heal well on demand, and self cap haste, and merit farm in record times, or have crit ws that self chain light for such big numbers. One other thing BLU gets to do too, is start the fight with haste cap and other buffs on, where most DD will be waiting for trusts to buff you up for some period after starting the fight. In fact, just better trusts could help close the gap imo, but then you'd end up in situations where a BLU does well without trusts and other DD require them much more. There is also the recent nerf to aoe in the last patch, but I'm told waterja still can own trusts even though the AF doesn't now, so even as the last patch, there's more room to win but it still isn't going to be on par with what BLU is doing, which is entirely the point.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 14:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks.

I vaguely remember there were a couple of video showing MNK hitting dummy pulling off insane dps thats hard to accomplish on other job, also some of the parse I had suggested MNK pulls ahead.

I believe you think BRD parse high because of mobility, while MNK had to position themselves. When you get a job that can DPS while dodging circles they may come out ahead on parse.

Patch 2.1 : http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a#battle

This was when BRD was nerfed and MNK was buffed. DRG was also buffed here but it wasn't enough to make them competitive, people also never attributed their damage increase to BRD as a reason to bring DRG.

The BRD nerfs were interesting and well done though, they just altered the support abilities which in turn made them weaker.

This patch was also extremely sad for me as they took thunder away from SMN.

Edit: Before this patch MNKs top rotation was flank only and it produced the biggest numbers which at best was comparable to that of a good BRD.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-09-19 14:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're honestly going to change a game based on the dynamics of pick up play, let's throw in the towel and just start auto grouping and call it a day. Those of you who clamouring for this-where did you come from? Not from my FFXI,that's for sure. In the FFXI I know, we do big ***. We do endgame. We don't get our panties in a bunch over pick up content; we send people to the hospital over AV! Quit yer bitchin',and wake up to the fact that just because a job is king of Ambuscade doesn't make them kings of the game. There's a helluva lot more content that means a lot more.
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-19 14:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks.

How about I ask SE to buff blu to be able to solo every single T4 and woc because Im a casual that plays less than 5hr a week and would like to solo them on my blu too.
By Afania 2016-09-19 14:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks.

Patch 2.1 : http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/03843d6bf7ba69adc37d7955ff7af43f3c43828a#battle

This was when BRD was nerfed and MNK was buffed. DRG was also buffed here but it wasn't enough to make them competitive, people also never attributed their damage increase to BRD as a reason to bring DRG.

The BRD nerfs were interesting and well done though, they just altered the support abilities which in turn made them weaker.

Edit: Before this patch MNKs top rotation was flank only and it produced the biggest numbers which at best was comparable to that of a good BRD.

Do you have proof that mnk spamming the best rotation is lower than Brd? Such as video or parses.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 14:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No thanks.

Do you have proof that mnk spamming the best rotation is lower than Brd? Such as video or parses.

Other than anecdotal evidence and being among the few people with all jobs at level 50 on 2.0 release, no. Parsers were inconsistent and DoT damage was hard to gauge. I was very involved in theorycrafting DPS rotations. BRD and SMN were the top DPS of 2.0 then it shifted to SMN and MNK after 2.1.

Actually no one believed me that SMN was the strongest DPS until they took Thunder away and their explanation was that SMN was doing too much damage.

Edit: Here is the thread about Flank - https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1n4rl3/300_dps_monk_rotation_flank_attacks_only/
 Asura.Diavos
user: Diavolo
By Asura.Diavos 2016-09-19 14:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Especially ones using a real tank where THF really shines. But as it stands currently, they are the only DD that can solo VD avatars that I know of, and been doing it for months now. To the point that a good BLU player can be 7-8x more gil rich than the rest the entire community and that is broken and should be addressed.

Here is where the argument loses all its traction - all of us have access to the 22 jobs available in game. That means you're free to take advantage of BLU's ability to make gil just as you're free to take advantage of SCH's ability to SC + MB out of harm's way, PLD or RUN's abilities to mitigate damage and so on and so forth.

I'm genuinely interested, if you aren't already doing it, why aren't you using your BLU to make gil soloing VD avatars?

Again, if you want the dev team to stand up and take notice of BLU then go ahead and show them by playing the job. Back during the HNMLS days people would often joke that SE would nerf any job they started playing/having fun with, but like most jokes there's an ounce of truth to that one.

An MMO of sorts I played before getting swallowed up whole by FFXI had issues of its own that a vocal minority felt strongly about. We bitched and moaned our *** off on the game's message board for a good while until it became apparent words alone wouldn't bring about the change that was needed. I had some strong support by the vocal minority and decided to put a simple yet clever idea in play that would turn the game upside down and practically render it unplayable, something the game's staff couldn't ignore no matter how hard they tried, so they were forced into making some compromises. Can that be done here? Yes, especially given how similar the communities are, but it's clear to me the "OP job" problem here isn't anywhere near as bad as some make it out to be, nor do I think those pushing for change have it in them to do what needs to be done to make it happen.

In short, if you want to bring about change you'll do it in game, not here.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 14:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A few jobs can solo VD avatars. Pet jobs obviously, BLU, RUN I would assume have no problem either.
By eliroo 2016-09-19 14:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Diavos said: »
Here is where the argument loses all its traction - all of us have access to the 22 jobs available in game. That means you're free to take advantage of BLU's ability to make gil just as you're free to take advantage of SCH's ability to SC + MB out of harm's way, PLD or RUN's abilities to mitigate damage and so on and so forth.

It doesn't work like this. Just because you have the job leveled doesn't mean you have it geared to do this content. Gearing is the real end-game to this game and it takes quite a bit of time to gear up a job to do what you listed.
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-19 14:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with the the gearing aspect. Generally if you have one light armor DD geared well, you have a lot of gear that transfers over. There is very few pieces of armor now that are just job exclusive outside of AF and RMEA
By eliroo 2016-09-19 14:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
I disagree with the the gearing aspect. Generally if you have one light armor DD geared well, you have a lot of gear that transfers over. There is very few pieces of armor now that are just job exclusive outside of AF and RMEA

This is true and I wasn't implying it was impossible. But if all you have leveled is mage jobs it isn't like you can turn around, level up BLU and fully gear it to solo VD avatars in a matter of moments.
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-09-19 14:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So gear it. I do not see the problem here. You say nerf, nerf, nerf but why? Cause it can do something you can't? gear it and play it then.
By Verda 2016-09-19 14:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So the solution is everyone plays BLU because it's OP? Sorry doesn't fly. I play this game quite a bit you even playing regularly of the 22 jobs can have 1-3 you can play at that level. People shouldn't be forced to pick a job or that is the definition of inbalance. Anyway, last I'm saying on the subject, enjoy the thread folks :D
[+]
By Afania 2016-09-19 14:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@eliroo it's actually possible to get more accurate dps from dummy. I'll have to search video thats from many years ago though.

@Diavos By your logic SE should never adjust jobs because everyone can just job change to the strongest one.

I don't mind blu gets easy solo, but if the job gets easy solo, easy gil, easy invite, easy cp and take a dps slot in melee setup then I think it's not balanced. What's the point to invest your gil and time on other job at this point, outside of personal love? Even if you can win parse by invest gil in another DD you may as well stick blu and you'll still do just fine dps wise.

There are times that I expressed disagreement with utility jobs such as THF, DNC and BST being strong dps. I don't just bash blu.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-19 14:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I lost it here lol hilarious
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-09-19 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So because one job overshadows "your" favorite job we should nerf it for everyone.... very sound logic I must say.
By Afania 2016-09-19 14:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So the solution is everyone plays BLU because it's OP? Sorry doesn't fly. I play this game quite a bit you even playing regularly of the 22 jobs can have 1-3 you can play at that level. People shouldn't be forced to pick a job or that is the definition of inbalance. Anyway, last I'm saying on the subject, enjoy the thread folks :D

"Everyone just gear it" is the proof that its unbalanced, lol.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-09-19 14:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »

Don't clump me in with your crybaby FFXIV mentality.

Hilarious lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-09-19 14:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've solo'd VD avatars on BLM. I dunno why this is even being used as a metric for anything. I'm sure a lot of jobs can do it it's just that nobody really cares that much.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 23 24 25