OAT Or 2-4 Times? Which Is Better?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » OAT or 2-4 times? which is better?
OAT or 2-4 times? which is better?
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-09-26 21:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to say that yes I am skirmish geared And have skirmish+1 for all my 99 jobs that said, I really want to make a 2-4 times Majimum to use off hand of my Kannagi. Someone once told me that pre-audolin the OAT (occasionally attacks twice) greatsword was the strongest greatsword cause it could proc during Resolution. He mentioned a flowchart which I looked up so basically I believe that to be true. Recently a new friend of mine who has been playing 10 years btw, told me that your off-hand katana/weapon gets a hit during the weapon skill and I believe that my Kannakiri has helped my Blade Hi damage. My question is can either an OAT katana or a2-4 Times Katana proc off-hand during a weapon skill such as Blade Hi?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-26 21:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizucallow said: »
Someone once told me that pre-audolin the OAT (occasionally attacks twice) greatsword was the strongest greatsword cause it could proc during Resolution
he's wrong

My question is can either an OAT katana or a2-4 Times Katana proc off-hand during a weapon skill such as Blade Hi?
no
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-09-26 21:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Magian OAT and Occasionally Attacks 2-4x weapons do not proc during weaponskills, so whoever told you that in regards to Resolution was mistaken. What made the Occasionally Attacks Twice GS so good was because it could get TP very quickly, and the base damage didn't adversely affect Resolution very much allowing you to spam Resolution with considerable damage.

Offhand weapons do deliver an additional hit to your weaponskills though, so your new friend is correct in that regard.

Other than helping to build TP quickly, the 2-4 hit Magian Katana won't help you, and isn't worth giving up something like a Kiji from Delve in your offhand.
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-09-26 22:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I mostly wanted it for Tp building but not procing during weapon skills is a big disappointment, I'm doing 3.5-4k blade Hi's outside abusers on Tammuz and 2k on hoary krakows which I believe is due to my Kannakiri+1. I still might make one for those situations where spamming weapon skills do overall more damage than individual ones i.e. NMs with a lot of HP that I might solo. Thanks for all the info.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-26 23:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

These weapons use to have a decent use for some jobs such as drg and drk for OAT. But even back in their day, the high delay and exceptionally low damage on the weapons wasn't a good choice for many jobs and was never a good option even off hand for nin due to awesome choices like Kamome.

With the advent of SoA weapons, there is absolutely 0 reason to ever use one. Don't waste your time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-09-26 23:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

FYI even before ilv weapons came along Majimun was pretty trashy because of the monster delay on it. With ilv these days its much better to wear the best ilv weapons you can find and using Shun. We'll see where the RME update puts the Kannagi, although they'll be making Hi accessible to everyone so it will lose that advantage.

For the record I own a 2-4 Majimun myself, was just something i made when i had way too much free time. Hangs nicely off a mannequin.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-09-27 01:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Basicly, if you really REALLY want a multihit offhand, just buy a mercurial kris(or kclub) and don't waste hours upon hours doing the magian trials.
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-09-28 03:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more of the I really really want one and have a lot of free time cause I'm doing Wings of the goddess to get a Moonshade earring. Also I'm not that rich lol.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Server: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-09-28 04:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more of the I really really want one and have a lot of free time cause I'm doing Wings of the goddess to get a Moonshade earring. Also I'm not that rich lol.

In the time it would take to kill all the mobs required, you can easily farm the 2mil for a M.Kris just chasing Dark Rings or another gil source. (I've built 3 2-4x weapons so I'm well aware of how much better my time may have been spent lol)
 Asura.Gabba
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-09-28 08:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
We'll see where the RME update puts the Kannagi, although they'll be making Hi accessible to everyone so it will lose that advantage.

To everyone with WoE Weapon 99*(last thing SE said) Hope they change it or lets REM's 85-90 unlock them too ~.~