We Need A New Website For Dynamis Calender! All LS Leaders In Favour Reply Here!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » We need a New website for Dynamis Calender! All LS leaders in favour reply here!
We need a New website for Dynamis Calender! All LS leaders in favour reply here!
First Page 2
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-07-18 09:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, i am the leader of RealityDynamis, a GMT based Veteran linkshell on the Hades server, we account for 30-50 people a run and do all zones.

Ever book a zone to enter, just to find at the last minute when you come home from work, that there is another ls in there?

Do you then go onto stress out at that leader and ask if they use the calender?

Do you enjoy having to rush around at the last minute to find a zone to do?

Personally i have been leading for a while now, and we schedule zones in a certain way to get our new members clears and such, but just lately it seems that's been very difficult, as the majority of the time, a JPN linkshell on the other calender, or a "Pickup LS" has entered our zone.

This in turn means we have to go to another zone, and sometimes unintentionally take a zone from another linkshell.

This is an ongoing thing which makes no sense, why does SE continue to allow this, it just causes pressure between other linkshells, and also why are the LS leaders in general not smart enough to use the same calender?

The main reason for this post is, the only way its ever going to be resolved, is if all dynamis ls leaders agree, to use either:

- Just One of the current calenders
- Schedule runs on both calenders
- Make a new calender, that all linkshells can use.

This is pretty much common sense on my part, but the only way that dynamis is going to be regulated better, is either by the leaders working together to reserve better, or by SE giving us a miracle by introducing a new In-game system to reserve zones.

I also have read that some servers don't even have a calender for Japanese linkshells, which yet again makes no sense at all.

The 2 current calenders that are used are:

JPN Hades calender: http://hades.as-key.net/
GMT and EST Based: http://www.ffxi-dynamis.de/index.php

What are your thoughts?

Thank you.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-07-18 09:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a LS leader, but I like this idea, make it both JP and NA/EU friendly that way everyone can use it, the way it is right now, JP uses the JP one and NA/EU use the NA/EU one.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-18 09:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue is that you'll never get the co-operation of the other LS leaders. It really comes down to a server by server arrangement with the leading Dynamis Linkshells. Since you seem to know the two main calenders being used, why don't you see which of the two sites is being used the most on Hades, and try and convince the other shells to also use it.

I'm not sure you'll have much success though, since JP and NA shells rarely have any clashes, so they couldn't give a ***what the other uses. But since you're UK you're stuck right in the middle and could potentially clash with both.

Aside from asking other LS leaders to be co-operative and all use the same calender, about all you can do is use both of them yourself and hope you don't get screwed over to often.
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-18 10:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

big problem is pick up groups dont use calender.. and also there are shells on odin and im sure on toher servers that get so sick of seeing thier runs taken they just gave up on the calender all together and dont give a damn whos run they steal.. so unless SE implements something im afraid nothing is gonna change :(
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-07-18 10:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont have much time to play this game, the only time i really come on is to do dynamis, so i do care a lot, i dont want to have to come home from work to move 30-50 people from one zone to another.
 Odin.Arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-18 10:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah agreed.. especially if it is a run you dont do that often that you have members that want drops from.. it just becomes a mess..
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-07-18 10:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, jeunosmule i knew there would be someone who would just rip on this post, im just trying to help here, theres no need for the drama of people stealing zones anymore, its 2009, and SE should have made a system to make this work, instead of bringing out all this new content that i dont really care for.

And arnor this is what happens to our ls, we reserve a Xarcabard for DL, it ges taken, we reserve a Sandy run, it gets takaen, so we go to bastok, then i get threatened by another ls leader, and they say we have no respect and to leave the zone now, then today, we scheduled Beaucedine, to get soem new members the clear to Xarc, but once again a low man JPN linkshell using the other calender is entering 2 hours before we do, and therefore we are screwed again, and now have to do Sandoria.. sigh
 Odin.Arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-18 10:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

jeunosmule is ripping on all the posts atm lol
and we have had about 5 xarcs taken from us since they lowered the price to 500k.. and a few oher runs also.. itsjust people who dont use the calender at all that take our runs thouh =/
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-07-18 10:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is why i think SE, instead of focusing on all this new content, should take a look at dynamis, and think hmm how can we improve this, how can we make it easier for the linkshells to manage this, oh yes, a new dynamis ingame calender! Where you need to reserve the run in advance and only your linkshell is allowed to enter at that time, its genius, im really suprised they aint even tried to do this already.

Basically if enough players turned around to SE and said we want this, they will have to consider it, but it depends on if other ls leaders really give a dam, and if they will just allow this to carry on...
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-18 10:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If a leader wants to take a zone they're going to do it whether there is a jp/eu/na friendly calendar or not. People are going to be b*Tches and steal zones and w/e no matter what you do.

It's like the same w/ ppl who overcamp you. If they want to be a *** and try to steal your camp, they're going to do it. Whether the next spot down is open or not, they are going to take/try to take your camp.

It's just part of the game.
 Odin.Arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-18 11:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kylos said:
Basically if enough players turned around to SE and said we want this, they will have to consider it, but it depends on if other ls leaders really give a dam, and if they will just allow this to carry on...

the new ninja update is the first thing i saw se listen to lol.. still waiting on the new avatars lol.. but you want to fix dynamis.. make it like nyzul or BCNMs or assaults.. if the game can handle it make it so that multiple groups can go in at a time lol 2 shells in 2 different dynamis xarcs.. im not sure if game could handle it.. the lag might become unbearable.. but if it can handle it would fix alot of problems
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-07-18 11:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

LoL the servers are already half crap >.> 90% of the time half of my server is R0ing for no reason...so yea...I HIGHLY doubt it would work, which is why it is the way it is.
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-07-18 11:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Still would probably be best if there was some kind of booking system, so its impossible for a linkshell to steal the zone once the reservation is made, of course the booking would need to be done in advance, probably at least 24 hours before, and it will only allow certain player(s) to enter the zone.
Another idea there would be to set a password, so that only those who know the password can break the glass, and if its not entered in a certain amount of time the zone becomes free to anyone again.

Im sure theres a way it can be done.
 Odin.Arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-18 11:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

oh no doubt im sure it can be done.. but knowing SE will it be done is the question lol
and im guessing probably not lol
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-07-18 11:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, it took them long enough to figure out no one would beat AV, and loads of other things i could mention.. but im not about to make this a hate SE post lol
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-07-18 11:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in the case that SE never realises just how annoying dynamis is to enter, only thing that can be done is to ask LS leaders on my server to use the calender, and ill ask my coleader if he can use both calenders so it makes it slightly easier for us.

I strongly advise any other LS with the same problem to do the same.
 Odin.Arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-18 11:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

we would but as i said there are about 3-5 linkshells on odin that just totally ignore the calender and go whenever they feel like it =/
 Hades.Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-07-18 12:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the same on Hades, usually linkshells with 10-20 people, so they get to do the runs they want, while ls with 30-50 have to do something else
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
Server: Ifrit
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2009-07-18 13:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://dynamiscalendar.com

Ifrit uses this one a lot as do some other servers, so we already have a perfectly good calander, maybe everyone should use this 1 link? Even the japanese LS' on Ifrit use it.

Could solve the problem.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-07-18 22:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Elmodfz said:
http://dynamiscalendar.com

Ifrit uses this one a lot as do some other servers, so we already have a perfectly good calander, maybe everyone should use this 1 link? Even the japanese LS' on Ifrit use it.

Could solve the problem.

What he said
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-18 22:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"yawn"

this again

/rolls eye

just use your common sense..oh wait
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-18 23:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A thought here, so what happens to all the ronin? You know the people who want nothing to do with all the drama associated with a FT dyna shell who just want to do pug runs and pug runs only?

Part of the beauty of a pug run is that it's spur of the moment and doesn't require making *** reservations X many days in advance.

Really SE just needs to make Dynamis instanced like it does with Assault and Salvage. Yet I realize this is likely not going to happen anytime soon. I just needed to make that point for my own sanity.

That said, and with the utmost respect to people who do use the calendars... whatever system you try to use is destined to fail.

You have to assume 99% of the people out there act according to their self interest and plan accordingly.

As much as ease of use and clarity for planning can be appreciated, there is no penalty for slot-jumping. Worst that happens is QQ and LS/ Player warnings on internet boards.

Really if that's the worst that can happen, why abide? Sure the easy answer is don't be a douchebag, but without any real fallout (banning, suspension, blacklisting of toons/ denial of entry into endgame LS) what's there to fear?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-18 23:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

QFT ^ x1999
 Valefor.Judda
Server: Valefor
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2009-07-18 23:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeunosmule's posts here should be erased for being useless... >_>
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-07-19 00:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis is pretty much a first come first serve thing now. Just go in whenever the hell you want to.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-07-19 01:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"it" may be a first come first serve thing because it always has ever since it came out.. but following the damn calaender for "ls's that are not retards and vet and not full of n00bs trying dynamis and *** up someones run when they know they can't clear and will waste fraking 500k with one relic earned" type of bs. That was a long run on... but I repsect anyone using a list but if someone takes your zone you are forced to dreamlands or better yet a spot where you have to be fast incase someone entering after you :(.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-19 02:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

everyone gets it

everyone deals with it

Q.Q some more?
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-07-19 02:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Power to the people, first *** come... first *** served... I still would like to know when dyna became a velvet rope affair...
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-07-19 03:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
"yawn"

this again

/rolls eye

just use your common sense..oh wait

Thunderz said:
QFT ^ x1999

Thunderz said:
everyone gets it

everyone deals with it

Q.Q some more?

Thunderz says it best, QQ. Well assuming were talking about his posts.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-20 09:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There's more than just two calendars btw. FFXI Dynamis Calendar
First Page 2