Best Zone For Alex Farm?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » best zone for alex farm?
best zone for alex farm?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Falseliberty
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Falseliberty 2013-09-01 16:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Topic really says it all.. whats the best 2.0 zone for thf?
can thf beat any of the bosses without any trouble?
I normally 2box so I can prob get a 3rd to let me in
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-09-01 18:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Arrapago II, only problem you "might" run into is killing the Armored Chariot in less than 3minutes as a solo THF (Depends what job is your 2box/your weapons) NQ/HQ Khim were always weak before SoA weapons.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2013-11-06 11:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

How many coins can be expected?
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-11-06 12:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Minimum is 50 from linen + 20ish singles, max is 99x2 linen and same on singles. Time for AR2 (pre Adoulin gear) 56+ mins THF + SCH thats all possible NMs on either of the routes, just enough gears for unlocks floor 5 (1-2) and all 7 archaic chariots on floor 6. Probably marginally faster now with newer gears etc.
[+]
By minikomby 2013-11-06 12:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i think AR2 is the best that is about 50ish alex ffrom gears/chaiots/ramparts + 50 guarante from linen on Mega boss, yo have chance at getting second linen and there are 8 nms which can drop cottons, i i usually do this on brd + thf, if 2 songs brd you need attack food to kill the chariot under 3 mins, if 3 songs brd you dont need attack food, 110 mins run if you dual, 50 mins if someone help you
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-06 12:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Minikomby is right. AR2 is the best zone - get about 50 singles from alex farm/chariots/ramparts then along with the linens/cotton chances. Average is around 120 ish. I do MNK/THF + WHM (use another person to dc myself in) then MNK/THF RDM BRD. Each run takes about 50 minutes tops. Very quick and easy way to get Alex.

Edit: Krsone too! =3
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Roczilla
Server: Asura
user: Roczilla
By Asura.Roczilla 2013-12-12 21:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd AR2 yesterday. THF/DNC, Delve dagger, PDT/MDT set, and Regen set. On gears gotta pull slow cuz they can/will wreck you. Armored I brought Vile's along to use TP for WS. Bosses are easy just keep your HP up for Fulm. 219 alex, double linen and 1 cotton.
 Sylph.Talon
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-01-07 14:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sick job Roczilla. Which path did you take? Did you follow BG Wiki salvage guide?
 Leviathan.Skinnymcgee
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Skinnymcgee 2014-01-07 15:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I do for AR2 alex runs(most so far I got was 172 with linen drop 6th floor boss): (PUP/THF w/ TH sash)

First floor - get all unlocks, go up anywhere
Second floor - Kill both Lamia in the room, then kill all 4 gears, then NM, go up
Third floor - East, kill Qutrub for more stats, kill acrolith, kill gear in north room and any lamia you still need unlocks from, kill boss at portal, go up.
Fourth floor - kill 1-2 flytraps in the north for stats, then kill 2 acrolith, then NM, go up
Fifth floor - if you have tons of time you can kill everything this floor, if not, kill a couple gears otw to the big room, then clear the big room and go up. This is probably the longest of all the floors due to the multigears.
Sixth floor - kill the big chariot FAST(<3min), and depending on time you can either -1. kill all the chariots, pop boss, kill boss, or 2. kill just the big chariot FAST(<3min), hit rampart till it calls the boss, then run to portal and go to 7th for mega boss
Seventh floor - This probably won't help non pups, but for people using my method, I use Harlequin Head + Valoredge Frame, double Mana Jammers, armor plate II, barrier module, accelerator II, alternate earth and dark maneuvers (for cannibal blade spam, increased blocking, and defense boost), and have eraser on for fulmination <35% HP. I rarely have to use oils, and only if I'm being lazy...because technically you could go all out and just use repair every time its up if you have a good repair setup.

Hope that helps, I also have pup gear sets posted, some of them have not been updated though.
[+]
 Sylph.Talon
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-01-07 15:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Skinny.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-01-07 21:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

AR2 THF/DNC 1hr 15min+

Floor1 - Lamp >> flee/jig >> locate chigoe. If its on a "leg" of the map with leech, kill 1-2 vulture and the first lamia down the vulture leg then return and kill all leech to pop chigoe, or vice versa if its down the vulture leg. @9-15min

Floor2 - Lamp Shouldn't give you anything its mostly only needed if going with more people. Kill 2 lamia >> door >> 4 small gear >> nm gear >> port. @14-20min

Floor3 - Lamp wont have anything, head East >> jig >> pull acro from qutrub rooms/kill >> flee/jig >> backtrack south >> kill 1-2 flytrap agi/dex when flee wears >> single gear in the big bottom(or top depending on route) door >> chigoe/gear nm >> port. @22-30min

Floor4 - 1-2 Flytraps if porting north end. 2 small acro >> nm acro >> lamia dartist/fatedealers to pop RNG nm north or sword qutrub to pop qutrub nm south. @32-42min

Floor5 - Skip first few single gear rooms you will need 1 for body if one agroes otw to the big 4x rampart room if not pull one from the middle of the rampart room. 4x rampart is self explanatory let them get tp to pop the triple gears. A THF/DNC with no protect or shell is fairly safe to supertank a full ramparts worth of gears assuming they all agro but its a drain on tp and is slightly faster if you can get out link/agro free after killing rampart and pull a few at a time instead. @55-75min

Floor6 - 3 small chariots main room 2 each in side rooms. Store tp for Armored chariot <3min kill (should be 90sec-2min30 with wkr dagger or higher id estimate) Perhaps seperate the small chariots this floor to use for tp small >> armored >> small >> rampart >> khim >> small >> port. 70min +

Floor7 final khim - MDT set / remedies. 75min-ish.
 Asura.Tot
By Asura.Tot 2014-01-07 22:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bhaflau Remnants II By far the easiest, fastest, and less head-achy zone to solo.

You will always get at least 24 single alex, up to ~68/88 (with hax luck) Chance at ~9 small bags (~20 each) and 2 big bags (~99 each)

No fear of dying or timing out, all gear unlocked first floor ect

Blu/thf finish under an hour with an avg of 30 single / 2 small bag / 1 big bag

p.s. bags in BR seem to drop much better than other zones, maybe just luck but thf might make easy bank there
[+]
 Valefor.Starvinmarvin
Server: Valefor
user: Woodsman
By Valefor.Starvinmarvin 2014-01-08 13:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said: »
<3min kill (should be 90sec-2min30 with wkr dagger or higher id estimate)

What sets are you using, I have delve dagger and still have trouble getting under 3min. Definitely no where close to 90sec.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-01-08 14:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the delve dagger is superior to ilvl twash, im just storing 300tp with ilvl twash and 5 steps on a smaller chariot for about a 110sec-2min kill. The only reason I ranged the kill time as 90sec to 2min 30 is because my thf isnt that good im missing alot of reforged gear I rekon 90-100sec is possible though. I failed it once using no food (friend dc'd start of floor 6 and I was unprepared and in a rush) using wkr dagger main offhand oynos (terrible offhand any other seekers dagger will be superior) no food 3min 10sec no shell scroll no remedies and bad discharge proc's. Most people will have better daggers/food/remedies 3min should be fine.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2014-01-08 14:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Skinnymcgee said: »
Here's what I do for AR2 alex runs(most so far I got was 172 with linen drop 6th floor boss): (PUP/THF w/ TH sash)

First floor - get all unlocks, go up anywhere
Second floor - Kill both Lamia in the room, then kill all 4 gears, then NM, go up
Third floor - East, kill Qutrub for more stats, kill acrolith, kill gear in north room and any lamia you still need unlocks from, kill boss at portal, go up.
Fourth floor - kill 1-2 flytraps in the north for stats, then kill 2 acrolith, then NM, go up
Fifth floor - if you have tons of time you can kill everything this floor, if not, kill a couple gears otw to the big room, then clear the big room and go up. This is probably the longest of all the floors due to the multigears.
Sixth floor - kill the big chariot FAST(<3min), and depending on time you can either -1. kill all the chariots, pop boss, kill boss, or 2. kill just the big chariot FAST(<3min), hit rampart till it calls the boss, then run to portal and go to 7th for mega boss
Seventh floor - This probably won't help non pups, but for people using my method, I use Harlequin Head + Valoredge Frame, double Mana Jammers, armor plate II, barrier module, accelerator II, alternate earth and dark maneuvers (for cannibal blade spam, increased blocking, and defense boost), and have eraser on for fulmination <35% HP. I rarely have to use oils, and only if I'm being lazy...because technically you could go all out and just use repair every time its up if you have a good repair setup.

Hope that helps, I also have pup gear sets posted, some of them have not been updated though.

You make it look more complex than it is on boss. You should be able to do all NMs and unlocks and both bosses in under 80 mins.
Don't see a reason to skip the NQ boss, it can drop a linen. For them i just tank on master and keep puppet away from regular tp moves. Fulmination is not a prob if automaton got eraser to remove the paralysis effect. Repeat on HQ boss. If want to go an easier/safer way, just use your RNG automaton to tank it, stay back and enjoy the show, shouldn't need more than one repair, if ever even use it.
Since this is a THFs thread i'll say to them is not hard with new adoulin now. Just having a little understanding of the strats and mechanics of salvage and having some good adoulin gear, you should be able to do this with eyes close.
 Leviathan.Skinnymcgee
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Skinnymcgee 2014-01-08 15:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not intend for it to sound complicated, if anything I intended it to sound lazy lol. You do your thing. And maybe you missed the parts where I said "if you have time", because if you want a quick run you can do one, or a run with all the bosses, do one. But when you do this every night sometimes you just need to burn through a run and get a linen. I don't see what you found complicated about throwing my pup at it and putting up some maneuvers. Key point being: I said this is what I do.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-12 05:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried ARII a few times now, and have ran into issues with it.

Getting used to the zone and my Thief was the first major hurdle (as my thf was retired since Adoulin was released), however after three attempts I have questions.

On my third attempt, I took the north route (after the acrolith NM) instead of the south to see if it was faster, and it clearly was. Also I noticed going the other way means you don't get VIT- removed. Why would anyone take the south route unless they were only farming Umbrage plans?

Also, on my first attempt at the zone, I managed to defeat the Armored Chariot in under 3 minutes. I went again with similar gear and was unable to do it the second time because I forgot to unlock rings/earrings on the first floor and struggled to keep DPS up.

So I thought... right! I will upgrade my Thief some more. Got some of my Manibozho to Rank 15, got an Eminent Dagger to go with my Atoyac, and I thought right... I should be able to do this now regularly.

I got to Armored Chariot last night, but my Thief just felt slow for some reason. I had used Oynos Knife on my first run to get Haste before the fight then switched to my Delve knife after doing Bully > SA > Assassins Charge > Evis > Reverse > Evis.

I was even doing Sneak Attack this time on it, which I didnt do on my first kill (when I beat it under 3 mins), and I got aggro from a chariot near the end, but it still took me 4 minutes to kill the chariot. Am just trying to understand what gear people use to kill Armored Chariot in under 3 minutes, and how they do it regularly?

The regular Khimaria sucks, it never drops any purses for me, and the one time I got onto the main boss, I timed out. (My first run I wasted tons of times doing Archaic gears and getting used to the zone)

I strongly urge most thiefs, if they want consistent Alexandrite, they should do the regular Silver Sea Remnents instead. You get 50-70 Alex guaranteed, and a possible Linen at the end. ARII has dropped complete ***for me, never seen a linen drop, and only had two cottons from three runs.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-01-12 06:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand how THFs arent able to do AR2 if dancers are doing it without trouble from a dps standpoint.
Are you guys eating meat? Food does make a difference. Are you burning ws tp on healing yourself too often?
Are you 5/5 exenterator and using that or using evisceration? Crit rate is good there (25-30%) but I get better exenterator numbers.

I'd advocate either further upgrading your THF and diagnose the issue with running AR2, or go as a dancer instead.
Suffering through the first 2 crappy floors of fomors in SSR, screwing around with cells and getting frustrated at slowly killing the chariot that will charm your multiple times before you kill it and only drop a linen 15% of the time will get old fast in SSR.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-12 06:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally have few issues with ARII on RDM/NIN except for the gears from the ramparts, which for now I have been basically stuck using Beatific for. I personally haven't had issues with Armored Chariot, I just buff up before I go up the floor then zerg it with Req as soon as I find it. As for gear I only really use a capped Enhancing set for buffing, full Espial with standard accessories and the Haste/Double Attack Belt for TP, and basically Atrophy/+1 for Req.

For THF though, I don't know how it goes really, I would assume it wouldn't be so bad, but no personal experience so I really don't know I suppose.
By Wordspoken 2014-01-12 08:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I don't understand how THFs arent able to do AR2 if dancers are doing it without trouble from a dps standpoint.
Are you guys eating meat? Food does make a difference. Are you burning ws tp on healing yourself too often?
Are you 5/5 exenterator and using that or using evisceration? Crit rate is good there (25-30%) but I get better exenterator numbers.

I'd advocate either further upgrading your THF and diagnose the issue with running AR2, or go as a dancer instead.
Suffering through the first 2 crappy floors of fomors in SSR, screwing around with cells and getting frustrated at slowly killing the chariot that will charm your multiple times before you kill it and only drop a linen 15% of the time will get old fast in SSR.
Going to be that one guy...DNC is superior to THF it's simple as that. I'm not saying that THF doesn't have its saying, but I am saying that DNC has more tricks up its sleeves and heels for solo purposes/dps.

Personally, I used to thf for dyna and after switching to dnc I have never gone back. It's so much better.
[+]
 Asura.Gabba
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2014-01-12 10:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf don't increase Alex drop or the linen off the nq... Before you could enter with less than 3 ppl, I used to do it always with a thf.

TH only help in the plans drop rate in my experience.
By volkom 2014-01-12 12:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I do AR2 as drk and i come out with a decent number of alex :S
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-12 12:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

I have been using sushi as I got stacks of them for really cheap a while ago. Always have food on. I don't have Dancer nor will I ever level Dancer to 99. I had Exenterator on 5/5 when it first came out, but I got rid of it for other WS on other jobs that were more useful at the time.

SSR is totally fine for me. The boss didn't charm me once when I did it. I thought it was just Perfect Dodge stopping it at first, but as soon as PD dropped, it was still not charming whatsoever. I don't mind passing cells and stuff if it means consistent alexandrites... because yea.. I'm trying to make gil here :p

My THF isn't like.. Mandau 119 or Pillagers full set good, but it does Atoyac/Eminent and other pretty decent gear for TP, Sneak attack solo and Evisceration. I just don't understand how I could have killed it under 3 mins the first time without seriously thinking about it, but the last time I tried and really went for it, it was slow as hell.

Maybe my new gear is to blame? I have started using Manibozho Jerkin in TP phase instead of Thamaus so I can survive more. Maybe using Oynos knife instead of Delve or Eminent is better?

I don't suck on THF, I mean, I played it since the Campaign days. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong or could do better. I'll post my sets soon, sets that I made from the gear I have available, and the sets shown in the Thief guide.

Also... I dont understand why people are talking about DNC, RDM, PUP or DRK here (even though DRK is actually my main) when this is a Thief sub forum. No disrespect it's just not helping. :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-12 12:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I have been using sushi as I got stacks of them for really cheap a while ago. Always have food on.

Eating sushi when you don't need accuracy is the same as not eating any food at all.

Well it gives STR+DEX or DEX+AGI depending on which one I been using. Like I said, it was just cheap food. Which food should I be using? Meat Mithkabob?
By volkom 2014-01-12 12:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Squishytaru said: »
I have been using sushi as I got stacks of them for really cheap a while ago. Always have food on.

Eating sushi when you don't need accuracy is the same as not eating any food at all.

Well it gives STR+DEX or DEX+AGI depending on which one I been using. Like I said, it was just cheap food. Which food should I be using?

+atk. food probably

red/yellow curry buns :O or better
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-12 12:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I got plenty of those. I can do that. That's probably the only reason why I ain't been beating that chariot then. Thanks for pointing out my idiocy. :)

Is there anything else? I mean.. should I just keep stacking my Ilvl gear or would stuff like Thaumas be better for the chariot?

Do people use Oynos at all? Or is it just too weak to even consider trying to get that Haste?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-01-12 13:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say try to have as much multi-attack as possible on the TP phase and attack food with the rest being ilvl gear as preferable, including both weapons.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-12 13:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
I would say try to have as much multi-attack as possible on the TP phase and attack food with the rest being ilvl gear as preferable, including both weapons.

First Page 2