Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Stun sch help please thank you
Stun sch help please thank you
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-08-23 09:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so my sch is at level 1 I know the job from playing on my friends account. What I'm getting at is what will one need to make an efficient delve sch I got the Gil/time needed and jobs needed to get everything. The only reason I want to make a stun sch is because I feel like a burden always asking rece to come with me on my runs. Thank you in advance for the information.
By Chimerawizard 2013-08-23 09:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you confident your reaction time & internet connection will guarantee a 100% success rate on interrupting the enemy's ability?
If not stop here.

Get lv99 & cap out your dark magic skill.
Get yourself 25.4% haste including Ionis buff.
Put together as much magic accuracy you can muster without hurting your haste stat. (looking about +80 excluding Apajamas II & +60 INT)
(I might be somewhat overboard but I only get resisted when geo m.eva- is dead for too long)
You can probably get away with using atinian staff if your bard keeps you march'd/haste.
By cravygravy 2013-08-23 10:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The sticky has some useful information obviously, you should really check it out:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/32145/a-scholars-education/

It also depends on your set up. If you have a Bard giving you double marches and 2 stunners alternating stuns it should be pretty easy to get gear to stun in. As far as quick gear you could grab on your character for stun..

-Soothsayer Staff
-Mephitis Grip
-Bokwus feet (could try to farm Argute Loafers)
-Bokwus legs
-Hagondes cuffs
-Goading Belt/Ninurta's
-Prolix Ring, Icantor Stone, Mediator's ring
-Psystorm/Lifestorm Earring
-If you have bee win definitely try to get Nahtirah hat asap, if not Xux hat is ok, nares cap? Zelus Tiara?
-NQ swith cape
-Neck is a wash unless you got Orunmila's Torque, some kind of macc+ I guess
-Body if you got Hedera cotehardie awesome, if not Anhur Robe... if you don't have Anhur Robe... ummm Bokwus Robe? Don't know if it matters, anything lol

This is all gear I've seen people wear and stun with and do fine. As long as you got haste/marches and some decent stuff your recast will fine to alternate stuns.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-08-23 12:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Are you confident your reaction time & internet connection will guarantee a 100% success rate on interrupting the enemy's ability?
If not stop here.

Get lv99 & cap out your dark magic skill.
Get yourself 25.4% haste including Ionis buff.
Put together as much magic accuracy you can muster without hurting your haste stat. (looking about +80 excluding Apajamas II & +60 INT)
(I might be somewhat overboard but I only get resisted when geo m.eva- is dead for too long)
You can probably get away with using atinian staff if your bard keeps you march'd/haste.

connection isnt an issue and reaction time is damn near perfect.
working on sch now.
Drk magic is capped from blm.
Haste might be an issue for me on sch, can you specify which pieces would be good for this.
Staff will take me like 5 hours or so maybe more
By Chimerawizard 2013-08-23 22:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 308956
It's what I use.

bokwus hands legs feet
xux hat/zealus tiar
, goading/ninurta
Hedera cote. if you have it otherwise w/e body you have that has haste on it. (new skirmish body maybe) R2 the bokwus gear at the least.
By itchi508 2013-08-23 23:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sets Iv made comparing with others and creating options to cap haste in different ways using Ionis 1% haste.
Alacrity down this maybe best recast with new hands. Correct me if im wrong.

ItemSet 311049

These are with alacrity up obv.

ItemSet 307017
ItemSet 311128

Stun animations rather than trying to read a laggy chat log, you don't need programs or be on PC to be a good stunner. Lag will be a issue of course but if you are able to position yourself in a good spot for visibility you should have no issues.

its more of knowing the NMs you are stunning & your own reaction or hesitation that will make or break your ability to be a reliable stunner. Nms in delve should be stunning most if not all /ja /ma anyway, so really no reason to hesitate or delay.

unless you are a solo stunner & able to pick what you are going to let threw due to strats being your only concern.

Alacrity up should be 4-5 sec recast

W/o alacrity I think the set above would be 7-8sec recast.

Also must have are Augmented Argute +2 feet & legs for Alacrity & Tabula rasa.

Also for more in depth info:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38502/sch-stun-gun-whats-lowest-recast/
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-08-24 00:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason your last set only has a Loq. Earring in place of the second Mag.Acc set earring?