How hard are the NMs for the other seals? Quests look bitchy. And gems or w/e
Depends on which one. Like the stuff I'm getting for +2 legs is 100% soloable. In fact sadly I think one of the pop item NMs for that one is a little harder than the final NM itself. Though part of that is other people and not the NM itself
If you mean seals for other blu stuff... the head quest one isn't too bad especially if you do it in a group. The nms ... I think one is technically soloable
Haven't really looked into blu since the only blu feet that have dropped in a pt with me got ninja taken by a soboro sam
CG Sec, I have so many scattered seals >< like 3 mavi head, 3 mavi legs.. some cor ***, pup ***, blu ***lol some thf and dnc
I can literally make BRD or PLD and have half a MNK leg.
Das, it's been a while since I geared BLU. Can you help me figure out a few spell sets? New mods and blue skill levels available, and I never understood how to tell if adding blue skill would actually help.
CG Sec, I have so many scattered seals >< like 3 mavi head, 3 mavi legs.. some cor ***, pup ***, blu ***lol some thf and dnc
I can literally make BRD or PLD and have half a MNK leg.
Das, it's been a while since I geared BLU. Can you help me figure out a few spell sets? New mods and blue skill levels available, and I never understood how to tell if adding blue skill would actually help.
Disseverment still makes my set at 85 for acc bonus with Vanity Dive... Whirl of Rage is pretty sick these days and it stuns, as is Vanity Dive (without gearing for it i can do like 700 just casting, and its sick /thf with SA CA Efflux (i've seen SS of like 4k)
Quad Cont being the big epeen spell its fairly good dmg
a) Disservement is still nice if only for acc bonus though I don't use Frip anymore. Mostly I use Diss, goblin rush, Quad and tyhpoon... unless I get to /thf then vanity dive too.
b) What blue magic skill adds to base dmg is calculated as follows (Blue Magic Skill*0.11)*2 + 3. (the multiple becomes 3 during efflux) not sure how much skill you have and such so can't tell if a certain peice will break you. af3 legs and af body of course always will since they are 10 or higher.
That being said blue magic skill plays into the attack side of pdif. I believe the formula for that is similar to melee except no real attack buffs for it so. blue attack = str/2 +blue skill +8 or so I heard from BG
c) Pretty much. Stuff isn't usually that resistant anymore anyways and rdm is getting crazy nuke gear.
d) Kinda depends. Since it is equal str and vit mod going all out on str except spiral ring is a good idea. If you are in abyssea and using enough str atmas and the cruor buffs you might have enough str to reach fstr caps at which point use highest combination of str/vit you can on each slot.
e) Physical potency pretty much always was CA recast is iffy.
f) Make a sanguine blade set for when you are soloing or not in abyssea.
g) Highly dependent on what you are doing. Last time I ptd in there using 1 refresh atma and of course battery charge and cor rolling me for refresh I spammed ***all the time to the point I sometimes couldn't get enough tp to self skillchain between CA recast and I was using 2-3 swd. Obviously refresh atma is kinda pimp... but in this situation the amount of spells I was casting + trying to tank/keep myself alive made anymore kinda redundant.
I'd kill to equip the 10 refresh atma with 50 int on it lol. Also str ones are pretty much always good. With them you can go all out on stat mods making gearing kinda simplier since you will probably be hitting fstr caps. Stout arm and Voracious violet being the good ones.
The +crit dmg ones are friggin awesome if you can /thf. Like I'm getting 3-4k vanity dives and benthic typhoons lol.
Also, does Efflux essentially make the next spell a CA without WS Properties?
More like enchainment really. Well maybe sorta in between them lol. Gives you a 100%(200% with af3 pants) tp bonus and changes the multiplier for blue magic skill on base dmg
Well I gave you the formula... so quick math shows going from 377 to 381 wont add to base dmg. 382 will.
All of that put together would be 391... which would barely break you into another tier.
What that comes down to is another 2(4) to base dmg or 3(6) during efflux.
But you can usually get more in other slots. There is pretty much nothing good in ranged slot for blu so the tath is pretty much full time anyways except quad which you should switch to relic since it has stat mods too and can switch to bibiki shell on range.
But losing your head AND neck for 2 or 3 base dmg is probably not worth it unless you got crap for those slots. Or maybe on tyhphoon since most people don't have an agi set really for that and most people wont have enough str to make up for that skill.
OH and side note yesterday with no outside support I placed 2nd in WoE against 2hr wars, mnks, octave club Drks who all got 2 brds to 2hr on them for the boss
Err yeah what I was trying to get at was "How do I tell if it's worth it to use skill over something like STR"
I'm just really out of it.
You calculate how much the skill will add to base dmg (if any). The see what you could've got in those slots and how much they would've added. If they are even blue skill will with cause of the pdif part. Oh and of course if you are talking str unless you know you are capping fstr you can't be 100% sure sometimes since you don't know the mob vit and where it would round down lol
Blah this does remind me I need to do some number crunchy and making new gear sets. I pretty much just do all out str which isn't necessarily bad but not optimum
Edit: As of 2010-10-05 14:48:06 CST, Ni reached 10,000 pages.
Since we all can't be on the same linkshell in game, this can be our cross server linkshell thread.
Like most linkshells, it can be pretty dead at times. Other times it's full of intense conversations about either rl, gear, goals, pokemon or anything else you want to contribute.
We can cover any sort of topic at all, within reason of the forum rules. No real main topic, just a bunch of FFXIAH friends/people coming on and discussing random things.
Yeah Chuu. Bringing you up to speed, Ludoggy is the LS pedophile. I'm the fountain of random and useless knowledge that makes you go "Hrm" with the occasional side of "holy shit he said what?"
Kungfu is the LS nutjob, spouting super random things that are usually sexist, until Savvy or Alyria comes into the room. Then he's a classic case of sexual harrassment. Rumaha is also true to the second part; we're wondering about his sexuality though.
Daj is Ludoggy's gay lover. Not much else is known about this Asuran. Tairo is kinda new, but since is a female and Alyria's lesbian lover, she fit right in real quick.
Celene(F) and Rowland(M) are more of the shyer members, but often say things that are witty, have a good pun and sometimes cause three page discussions. Celene hates when people hit on her. It doesn't stop them from trying.
Krizz is just social and likes to kill time here during work Tbest is about the same, except tends to be a douche to guys and affectionate toward girls.
Alyria is the most social female, gets groped a lot without provoking it by others, and Tairo ends up stabbing people for it. Cai is just a barrel of lols, I might be gay for him. If I wasn't straight.
Not sure about Citag, s/he's new. Kiriyu is just an in-out kinda person. Says one thing every three days that every guy makes a big fuss over. Ludoggy gets really defensive since she's asian and underage (might be 18 now).
Artem is the wayward soul that makes you ponder the meaning of life by constantly reminding us life can suck. But he deals, and so do we. About the same for Savannah, except people are more "AWH!" to her because of a vagina involved.
Dasva is the ex military man (as is Krizz but this doesn't apply to him) who hates the world and plots a way to destroy most of it.
Number2 is kinda like a mix between Cai and I; never bashes, likes to laugh and has odd avatars. His current suits a lot of the convos this LS gets into. Barti is most well known for his moustache. He gives mousatche rides for a fee. I'm missing a few people but whatever. CARRY ON!
Luelle Smells.
Roster of FFXIAH Ni (as of April 1st, 2010 Pocoyo avatar craze)
Happy b-day ls.
Heres my lame gift to AHLS, since Row is lame and took away the OP, I made my own!
Haseyo/Bignose: He's got a bigass nose, Leader of the RL avi revloution or some junk no one gives a crap about...crazy about his asian pop/rock bands and is a closet pedo. AKA LAME
Dameshi: wont level his sam sub and is a lolblu, LAME
Citag: Doesnt put out, Really lame
Dasva: Uses Chu as a cover up for his desire for me greased up and naked on his bed, Lame.
Rydiya/Bra+Panties: Secret lesbien, doesnt wear bra+panties, like to knit and other old people stuff (bingo)
Pikachu/Chu: Hi Chu, I love chu
Kryee/Socks: Noms on socks, wears the sam red pair everyday and frequently sniffs her arm pits.
Cheyne: Domo origoto, Mr Roboto...I think he's gay.
Urial: SOCCER IS LAME AND YOU'RE LAME.
Thundars: LOLCANADIAN
Spence: LOLFRENCHCANADIAN
Enterius/ghost: He's a ghost...he'll say something witty to me later.
Ixe: Ducky face and cant seem to get a straw in her mouth (can get other things in there though)
Mairah: She cool...lame
Bart: Full times OPO-OPO, free mustache rides otherwise LAME
Sav/Mango: Field trips, yay!
Aly/thatgreenmodthatwillbanmeifIsayanythingbad: *tapes*
Woody: You're not Italian...no tea for you.
Sectum: My apprentice...loves asian girls, loves to cook...he's awesome. put me in a story where I wasnt a pedo and that'd cool
Rum:STOP RAIDING MY BASEMENT AND TAKING AWAY MY GIRLS GAWD. Long Islander...lame
Valencea:Wont tell me the color of her undies, you lost the bet...no we cant get married...NO MEANS NO
Kojo:Open pedo...he likes scat, ewww
Tohsou: I think he's a pedo with a girlfriend as cover up, lame.
Kiriyu/strawberry: Lurk Less post moar! I see you what you are doing!
Krizz: Mohawk guy #1
Triet: Mohawk guy #1...wait
Bloodbathboy: The Hulk
Kungfuhustle: AH%DUE%$JNSRGHSRHHEYHEHSA Y%HEDHGSR EAT AHUYY DONKEY NUTS
Celene: Quit...Canadian...who the hell quits?
Tbest: MIA
Eternaltriumph: Where the hell has he been? Is he gone cause he got pussywhipped or something? Whatever...
#2: GOD...I miss him /cry
Luelle/otherlu: The Other Lu.
Zekky: Quit, kicking ass, raped me :\
Krystale/Girlwithpiercing: Magnets stick to her, Toke Canadian, hawt...she's 15 right?
Marzbarz: NINJA
Rowland: All your Pocoyo are belong to...him
Weewoo/Tool: He liked Asura and wont admit it.
Miemo: Has a mithra avi c.c
Kalyna: is a girl right? right? oh...lame
Gimmeurselables: TOO MUCH BOUNCE...TOO BIG, EWWWW
Sagittario: Lame elf whu runs around in a diaper subligar
Ludoggy: Faggot
Edit: The Family Ni Tree
Luelle's (And Citag's too!) birthday present
[h1]H1[/h1]
[h2]H2[/h2]
[h3]H3[/h3]
[figlet]Figlet[/figlet]
[spoiler="Custom spoiler!"][h1]Yay[/h1][/spoiler]
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/matas/hobnotropic[/soundcloud]
Will try to get to more stuff when I can.
Disclaimer: Your Feelings May Get Hurt In Your Stay Here.