Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » No pup lvl +101
No pup lvl +101
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2013-08-09 23:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

smn gets it why cant a new animator gives us a call auto with 101 skill?
 Bahamut.Keinn
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Keinn 2013-08-09 23:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

106 Forefront Animator
?_?
[+]
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-08-09 23:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Forefront Animator makes auto 106.
Alternator makes auto 113.

We actually got it before Summoners.
[+]
By nyheen 2013-08-10 01:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
smn gets it why cant a new animator gives us a call auto with 101 skill?
this a joke?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-10 01:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, I don't think they ever explicitly stated (at least in the patch notes) that the new animators provided an automaton stat boost related to their ilevel in the same way that polearms, BST axes, and SMN ammo do. All that info was derived by players when Delve came out.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-10 02:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
To be fair, I don't think they ever explicitly stated (at least in the patch notes) that the new animators provided an automaton stat boost related to their ilevel in the same way that polearms, BST axes, and SMN ammo do. All that info was derived by players when Delve came out.
Puppetmaster (Automaton)
Automaton attributed will increased based on the level of the animator equipped.
* This functionality is not listed in the item help text.
July 9th update notes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Myzur
user: Myzur
By Cerberus.Myzur 2013-08-10 02:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

But with the new animators they do get a heavy boost to all stats to put them up with the ilevels. Forefront animator gives +45 to all stats +130 to hp and mp, still doing testing on macc matk racc ratk acc and atk. Likewise the alternator gives some crazy boosts to stats as well. +70 to all stats according to those i know that have it. Still need it for myself for testing.
 Shiva.Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-08-10 10:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Myzur said: »
But with the new animators they do get a heavy boost to all stats to put them up with the ilevels. Forefront animator gives +45 to all stats +130 to hp and mp, still doing testing on macc matk racc ratk acc and atk. Likewise the alternator gives some crazy boosts to stats as well. +70 to all stats according to those i know that have it. Still need it for myself for testing.

There's already been a ton of research on the Alternator from when it first came out.

Copy/Paste from bgwiki.
Quote:
Gives +70 to each Automaton Base Stat (STR, DEX, etc.)
Gives +40 Magic Attack Bonus
Gives a substantial amount of Evasion (>120), Accuracy (>150), Ranged Attack, Attack, and so on.
Evasion and Accuracy numbers are difficult to quantify due to caps.
Most if not all the testing can be found here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38369/automaton-research-thread/

I haven't seen much testing at all for Forefront Animator, but I would imagine it's something like 65%~70% of all alternator's mab/acc/eva/attk/etc across the board.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2013-08-11 00:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

oh. sorry didnt see we had it O_O my bad put the guns away lol

i hear about the 70 to each stats but didnt know about the lvl change

Also cant seem find anyone to let me in or show me about delve without having a delve weapon so until reg ppl play delve and not just jerks i guess i wont be gettin an alternator lol.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-11 02:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya those stupid jerks wanting to try their best bet at a successful run.Ya know, you can build a run yourself with no weapon requirements.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2013-08-11 03:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

only ive never done delve before so have no idea how its played so until i find a ls or beginner shout i dont see it happending

on other events i tried the whole leader thing and i know now its not my thing lol. so rather then making a noob run i wait in the shadows.

and by shadows i mean i say *** em and play Monstosity lol.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-11 03:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Forefront Animator can be purchased with bayld if Delve NMs are out of the question.
 Phoenix.Studboy
user: Studboy
By Phoenix.Studboy 2013-08-11 09:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also cant seem find anyone to let me in or show me about delve without having a delve weapon so until reg ppl play delve and not just jerks i guess i wont be gettin an alternator lol.

You have SCH and 95COR, and you are teling me you can't get into a Delve run?!
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-11 09:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Studboy said: »

You have SCH and 95COR, and you are teling me you can't get into a Delve run?!
I am guessing no magic skill/gear and doesn't have rolls. lol
 Shiva.Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2013-08-11 10:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

With the update most of the 'elitists' are killing the fracture bosses for plasm and gear now. And with the weapon buffs delve is more accessible than ever. A plasm weapon is standard, but for MNK a Forefront Cesti should be more than enough to start you off in delve. It's 30k Bayld from the npc.

I would also recommend taking your COR to 99. You'll have a better chance on COR to get in a plasm farm regardless of gear. You'll just have to make sure you have your rolls. I think you mostly use Chaos and Hunters for typical farming? Not sure.

Delve can be scary if you've never done it before. But actually participating isn't too hard.

You should be able to join any shout asking for COR. All you really need to do is run around and buff your party. The Bards can pull/sleep.

With Monk you just follow your party and attack the same mob, The only thing to keep in mind is not to attack the NMs which is only really an issue at the beginning before plds pull them away.

I would say your best bet is COR though, Just whenever you see a shout I'd just ask if you can join. You may still have some people refuse but just keep asking different people when they shout and you'll get in. It should take you 4~7 runs to have enough plasm to get your Rigor H2H, then after that it'll get even easier to join on MNK to get points for your alternator.