Sch And Solo Col Reives.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Sch and solo col reives.
Sch and solo col reives.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-08-07 08:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I was envious of pet jobs. As they cold solo reives while afk or with lttle problem.

Then I went to cirdas cavers before the update for the survey quest and mission. Soloed two col reives with lumihelix and t4 nukes. The two reives if you stood back you get no agro. Or by chance if you did two t5 nukes with a sleep mob dies, or solo skill chain.

The luminhelix was doing 250 dmg. After update it was doing 450-625. Like soothslayers for this. The helix will last a long time even if your kicked out of the reive. Unlike kaustra bio poison.

Since I noticed how high the helix were doing. I went over to dho gates. Their are two reives and a survey there. You don't need to do a col reive for survey though. But I did two. And a cape did drop in that zone. Unlike cavers though you will most likely link the lizard men so need to t5 sleep nuke 2x. But hey you can solo capes and balyd.

Good luck all
 Odin.Terren
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Terren 2013-08-10 12:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Update to nuke staves is amazing. I averaged 650-1100 helices in the ravine, weather matched to day, klimaform, etc...

Another reive option for scholar is super tanking. Proper pdt gear and a reasonable fast cast set can let you tank with stoneskin (supported by Regen 5 and phalanx of course). The job ability restoration allows for flagrant use of strategems, most notably manifestation for crowd control, drains, aspirs, Kaustra. I've rescued a number of colonization reive wipes this way lately (rare, but they happen, and for some reason everyone would rather dirt nap and do nothing than HP ...) oh yeah and Embrava is nice too I hear :p