Anyone Main Heal On SCH Ob Tojil Run?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » anyone main heal on SCH ob Tojil run?
anyone main heal on SCH ob Tojil run?
By sorge74 2013-07-29 10:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Newish SCH here, first mage job to 99(bard don't count) and I find it fun as all hell.

Here's my question, my social shell had hell as hard time finding decent WHM, and my stun set is lacking. We were rolling with with a WHM in each DD party, but we have focused each SCHx3 in mage party on stuns. So what is the viability of a SCH/RDM handled those duties?

Would you handled it like NNI with accession Regen and phallax, or some other combo?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-29 10:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wouldn't recommend it, although last night someone pushed our WHM down the stairs mid run and they disappeared on us, and we cleared the fight with a RDM/BLM main-healing the second DD party. Also apparently the BRDs forgot to use Soul Voice. So I dunno, after writing this out I realized maybe you'd be fine lol?

If you're not advanced enough to stun every single thing Tojil does, though, it wouldn't work. So that would essentially assume already having the clear and it doesn't sound like you fit that bill.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-07-29 10:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

sorge74 said: »
Newish SCH here, first mage job to 99(bard don't count) and I find it fun as all hell.

Here's my question, my social shell had hell as hard time finding decent WHM, and my stun set is lacking. We were rolling with with a WHM in each DD party, but we have focused each SCHx3 in mage party on stuns. So what is the viability of a SCH/RDM handled those duties?

Would you handled it like NNI with accession Regen and phallax, or some other combo?

The added effect of Stoneskin allows you to fight against Poison and AoE WS's and the numerous spells mobs through out in case a stun is missed, that said, my SCH has some potent cures, but if you're struggling to find decent WHM's I suggest you keep looking. a WHM has many more features at their disposal for cures such as c4~6 Curaga's Cura and they can /sch for accession and Regen 4, however they will be that busy maintaining their mp and keeping DD topped off, that Regen isn't really viable.
 Asura.Haymitch
Server: Asura
By Asura.Haymitch 2013-07-29 10:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I handled DD party on SCH/RDM just fine as WHM. Just popped Phalanx + Regen V. Have a good cure set, always keep aurorastorm up. You'd have to be good at it or you'd have MP issues. Always bring elixirs if you run out of mp. I've won Tojil a few times on SCH/RDM with no issues.

Yeah, you just need to have a stun set because most groups prefer sch for stun only.
[+]
By sorge74 2013-07-29 11:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I ask isn't so much as I cannot build stun set quickly or that I don't have other jobs I can bring. My monk has been working out just fine. Its that finding healers has just been so laughable.

Last run we only cleared 2.5 NMs. We were buffed up and I saw an opening to voke the raptor without eft linking. He ate me and another monk without a single cure.

After a recover and mata kill we wiped on eft because the whm while whm had 1200 mp.

With the next update ***is about to get much easier. Just want to be sure we have decent healer
By Dantedmc 2013-07-29 11:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Having both whm and sch I would suggest you just use a whm, it is so much safer.

Curaga, Cureskin, Accession + Divine Caress, and Sacrifice really bring more to the table than things like regen V and phalanx.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-07-29 11:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I really wouldn't recommend it, although last night someone pushed our WHM down the stairs mid run and they disappeared on us, and we cleared the fight with a RDM/BLM main-healing the second DD party.
..Was your whm okay..? lol
[+]
By blackmagus 2013-07-29 12:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried both, and personally perfer whm over sch healing in fracture.
By sorge74 2013-07-29 12:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically should spend the 8 hours to take WHM from 49 to 99.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-07-29 13:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mata - doesn't matter

Raptor - single target cures are pretty much all that you need, so sch is fine

Eft - Regenga is a handy counter to the poison, and the rest is pretty easy to deal with

Peiste - AOE -nas, particularly paralyze, are the main issue. Accession + Divine Caress makes it a non-issue for a whm. Regenga should take care of most of the AOE damage, so you can single-target cure and save strats for -nas. (Also Stona, but you know exactly when that's going to happen; pretty minor issue.)

Kurma - Pretty much all single-target curing and erases, aside from Tremor (which should hopefully be stunned). If Tremor hits, things could get messy with keeping up strategems, but other than that shouldn't be an issue. As a bonus, you can enspell the DDs to help speed up the kill.

Tojil - Perp/AOE Phalanx and Regen V would actually make the curing on this fairly easy. Phalanx should keep people from killing themselves on spikes, if that gets past, and Regen should cover most of the mundane damage. As long as you're careful about strat usage (or hit Tabula Rasa when needed) I don't see any reason it couldn't work out.

Main issue for sch is when you need a large curaga. Accession+Cure IV would likely be two macros, which can slow you down, and not being quick on the cure can end up with several people dead instead of just one.

Even a whm needs a bit of practice to do well in there. Not having done an NM run as sch, I can't really comment on any of the subtler aspects that might come into play, but on the surface I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

The only significant issue (and really, it's the real issue you're trying to address) is making sure that you're fully committed to being a good healer. Every single person needs to bring their A-game to whatever job they're playing.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nezea
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-07-29 13:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »

The raptor also inflicts zombie though, and only a WHM can deal with that.
 Asura.Blackmagus
By Asura.Blackmagus 2013-07-29 13:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even sub sch on whm when I go, there's pretty much no recast on -na spells so it doesn't take long to toss them out, and when your on sch and start using accesion a lot, it's really ends up being a giant mp sink.
 Asura.Haymitch
By Asura.Haymitch 2013-07-29 13:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I really never have mp issues. Ballads/Refresh set/Sublimation. It is possible to manage mp in the fracture. I only use hi-elixirs if it is emergency like miss stun or something like that. As long as you have RegenV + Phalanx up, you would cure less. I have done SCH/RDM on Tojil runs and no issues at all. It was really fun, but I can't argue that whm is sightly better than SCH.
By zufafa 2013-08-02 23:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Our Ls has run on Asura do Tojil with 2 Sch/Blm 1 Sch/Rdm 1 Whm/Sch. We embrava for Kurma from 1 /blm Sch. Then we move to Tojil and have the other /blm Sch Embrava he doesnt reapply it. 30 seconds before wear we have the sch/rdm whos MAIN healing there party embrava and reapply it before there 2 hr wears off. we have the whm cross cure both partys and all brd cor and geo's help cross cure that party till there ready to be back main healing. We have no problem with this setup. Only time we have a problem is when a stun might not go off right or geo bubbles are down. The Idea works just need to be on your game. (Haymitch has been one of my sch/rdm's) This idea was first placed when we used 2 whm's and 1 dc'ed put a sch/blm in that spot and things went fine. Just make sure you have Regen V and Phalanx on ur partys if your that SCH/RDM and for after ur embrava or during you have vile exlixir on stand by incase mp problems. ^.^ Goodluck on your adventures ^.^ ***NAbutton LS(Blossomrose)***
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-08-02 23:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nezea said: »
Fenrir.Motenten said: »

The raptor also inflicts zombie though, and only a WHM can deal with that.

Should be stunned.

We've main healed with both SCH and WHM. Have noticed 0 difference.