Macs are user friendly I must agree but Windows is my choice simply for a matter of software compatibility, hardware and software familiarity. If it's what I'm used to, there's really no reason to go to anything else, even though it does give an occasional headache.
PC > Mac though for the simple reason is the difference is when you wanna update a Mac, you toss it out the window and dish out $1500 for a new one >.>
Macs are user friendly I must agree but Windows is my choice simply for a matter of software compatibility, hardware and software familiarity. If it's what I'm used to, there's really no reason to go to anything else, even though it does give an occasional headache.
PC > Mac though for the simple reason is the difference is when you wanna update a Mac, you toss it out the window and dish out $1500 for a new one >.>
I think it all depends on the user. Macs have bootcamp to use windows, and also vmware or parallels. Macs have a higher resale value, and also they are a status symbol in the classroom. Everyone always comments on my laptop during classes lol
The stigma and lack of customization isn't worth the pricetag as far as I'm concerned. But hey, to each their own.
Mac are expensive because is most stable OS than windows will be...that's why windows update very frequent....a big company will not want a blue screen in the middle of their work ;/ lol but i agree that PC > Mac for gaming and customize...mostly everything is made for PC but using it for business and programs like Photoshop and music editing and etc then Mac > PC :3 it just depend on the user like Carline said ^^
True, I won't deny it. When it comes to video/music editing and 3D art design and photo editing and business functionality Mac has PC beat. I also admire how stable and open to resources Mac's OS is compared to windows, but until I have a need for the above mentioned amenities I'll be sticking to PC for my random fun.
That's a pretty cool utility thing you got going there. Where did you get that? Or is it one of those pre-installed tool things that comes with your motherboard?
Nice picture btw. I almost never see the task bar on the top though >_>
Well she uses that, but as I understand it something more along the lines of Open Canvas is preferred for the sketching and ground-work while PS is just what she uses for finishing work. Problem being that Open Canvas isn't available for Macs. lol That and PS isn't really cheap and pirating isn't always an option for some. D:
Trying to throw a not-so-subtle hint your boss' way, Iraphine? lol
Graphic designer? A friend was looking for some info on Mac-based raster apps IF YOU HAVE THE TIME? lewl.
Yeah, one of these days, one of these days...
I am a graphic designer, and I always will recommend Photoshop. I was lucky enough to have the creative suite paid for me by my work, but if she is seriously into graphic design, there is no better program to get the job done.
I am a graphic designer, and I always will recommend Photoshop. I was lucky enough to have the creative suite paid for me by my work, but if she is seriously into graphic design, there is no better program to get the job done.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Do you use anything else to compliment that or is it your all-in-one go-to place? I think she was looking at ArtRage for something simple and light-weight in between PS sessions for finalizing work.
Also! If you have any work you'd like to share wiff FFXIAH, there's a thread that's fairly recent called "Your FF/Random Art" where everyone's posting their creations. Dunno if that's your thing, but it's been pretty cool so far.
I don't post much as you can see, but I figured there wouldn't be too many trolls due to the content category. Enjoy! Ya, I know it is huge (1920 x 1080) so if a Mod has an issue just post it and I will just link it. I have a 23 in. monitor so it looks fine on mine, but not sure how large of an image we are technically allowed to post in the forum.
How I post a picture here? Just drag and drop? copy and paste? I'm 2 lazy to try, some1 plz tell me. I have too much sensitive shitz on my DESKSTOP so I'll prolly paste my desktop w/o JFK, CIA, WMD, sensitive info folders. You really don't want to know the truth. BRB taking a dump!
I've seen this done on other gaming forums, and seen some realy cool desktop backgrounds (: so basically, i'll start, all you do, screenshot your desktop and upload it for us all to see (lets us know if your messy or not aswell) lol.