users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Sharpshot Attachments
Sharpshot Attachments
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-07-13 14:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone give me solid advice on what are the must-haves for Sharpshot frame? I'm pretty much stocked on all the other bodies but now I'm working on getting attachments for and skilling up Sharpshot so is there any bare necessity or top-grade attachments I should get?
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-07-13 14:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

skilling up? percolator! >.>
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-07-13 16:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a percolator lol I mean real deal battle attachments
 Ragnarok.Allslove
Server: Ragnarok
user: Allslove
By Ragnarok.Allslove 2013-07-13 16:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My kit usually includes the following. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

Optic Fiber
Flashbulb
Auto Repair Kit 1

Tension Spring 1, 2

Scope
Turbo Charger
Barrage Turbine

Coiler
Stabilizer II

The last few spots I'll change up depending on what I'm fighting. Disruptor, Armor Plate, Percolator, etc.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-07-13 16:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

drum magazine isn't shabby
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2013-07-13 18:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I pretty much always use the sharpshot frame with the valoredge head because it is more effective for what I've been using my pup for lately. (and it helps position for melee hits as well)

Pure damage attatchments
-tension I
-tension II
-Drum
-Scope
-Barrage (depending on situation *may be replaced by turbo charger)
-volt gun^
-coiler ^ ^= can be changed for acc in certain situations
-dynamo (valor head only as ranged cannot be crit)
-heatsink
-optic fiber
-flashbulb
-armor plate II

puppet tanking (yes ranger frame can tank very well)
-optic fiber
-smoke screen** still need to test if this is useful to me or not
-heatsink
-armor plate II
-equalizer
-Accelerator II
-drum magazine
-scope
-tension spring II
-attuner
-galvanizer^^
-coiler^^ ^^can be replaced with acc if needed

for my ranger frame tanking attatchments I still parsed 97% acc in delve for my auto, so I made the decision to start overlooking the accuracy attatchments for double attack/crit.

things to note are that these always change based off of what im doing.. magic def bonus sometimes, erase/dispel.. and perculator is not in any of my sets since I am capped in all frames.

Also note that turbo charger does not haste the rate of ranged attacks, only melee (iirc).
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2013-07-13 18:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just one thing I cannot stress enough... GET AN OPTIC FIBER. it will be used in every single set you ever use
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-13 18:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Barrage Turbine is bad and just gets worse the better geared the master is, so I recommend against it unless you are purely talking puppet DD unengaged master situations which applies to almost nothing or if you're just skilling up in which case it's awesome.

Also, run Tactical Processor. Puppet derps around a bit less (but it definitely makes Heatsink a do-or-bust if Alternator didn't already) . The more JA type attachments you use or if you are not using Inhibitor , the more you should use tactical processor.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2013-07-13 18:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you have an Alternator, I don't think you will need any of the acc or eva attachments.

I have never had issues with acc on anything in the game (other than Tax'et) and even then the acc issue wasn't THAT terrible.

Turbo charger, Drum magazine, coiler, and Optic fiber are the absolute most important in my opinion. The use of scope, smokescreen, accelerator are all redundant for the most part.

The attachments that I use for both Reives and Salvage v2 are:

Disruptor (This can be switched out with other things depending on target)
Optic Fiber
Auto Repair Kit II
Coiler
Galvanizer

Mana Jammer II (Same as disruptor)
Barrage turbine
Drum Magazine
Turbo Charger

Armor Plate II
Tension spring
Tension spring II

With those I have little to no issues with acc in the slightest. You can obviously switch out some of those but the ones in bold are the most important in my opinion.

If you do not have access to getting an Alternator, then using the Acc boosting attachments are the way to go, otherwise I don't think that you need them at all.
By Lyncath 2013-07-13 18:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tension Spring II
Attuner
Flame Holder

Scope
Drum Magazine
Turbo Charger

Dynamo
Target Marker
Heat Seeker

Optic Fiber
Auto-Repair Kit II

Tactical Processor

That's what I usually use for Wildskeeper Reives and Delve NM's.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2013-07-14 10:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Barrage Turbine is bad and just gets worse the better geared the master is, so I recommend against it unless you are purely talking puppet DD unengaged master situations which applies to almost nothing or if you're just skilling up in which case it's awesome.

care to explain?
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2013-07-14 12:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It may be because of having to reapply wind maneuvers to keep the Drum Magazine going as well as the Turbo Charger. The loss in DPS from having to do maneuvers is what I am guessing it has to be. But that's just a guess :P
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2013-07-14 12:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bleublood said: »
It may be because of having to reapply wind maneuvers to keep the Drum Magazine going as well as the Turbo Charger. The loss in DPS from having to do maneuvers is what I am guessing it has to be. But that's just a guess :P

Sylow talked about barrage turbine which easy damage every 3 min.. dps does get rocked with spamming maneuvers which is why barrage turbine which only has to be focused on once every 3 min with 1 maneuver in between mobs is an awesome attatchment.

Full ranger frame (not valor head sharpshot body) can use barrage turbine, turbo charger(if you have puppet meleeing too), and drum magazine. There isn't any reason that barrage turbine should't be used
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2013-07-14 22:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought it was clear that I was talking about the Barrage turbine since it's the only attachment that causes wind maneuvers to disappear.

Like I said, it was a guess/assumption on my part with what Sylow was referring to. He maths things out more than the average player so I thought it was a safe assumption to assume that is what he meant, the dps loss due to using maneuvers that is.

Still, I could be wrong.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-14 22:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not "free" damage because it uses maneuvers, and if you're using drum magazine / turbo charger you've temporarily murdered puppet DPS until you get them back up. If you're using those maneuvers while engaged, you're delaying your much more powerful punches.

If you are disengaged and using only your puppet, then I guess do whatever you want but I wouldn't really want to sit through that personally.
[+]