Love ur style pu, do ur school appreciate it? seems pretty un-academic, im curious to know if they consider u a "black-sheep" or a "genius" xD
I go to CalArts, which is probably the coolest school in the world (as far as I'm concerned :) )... we have pretty much free creative reign here so long as we follow the prompt and, so far, I'm doing well in my classes.
I guess it's not that odd to see un-academic artwork here though (which is one of the things I really really like about it)... some of the alumni include Henry Selick (coraline, nightmare before christmas, james and the giant peach), Tim Burton, John Lasseter (Pixar/Disney), pete docter (Monsters INC. , UP) , Brad Bird (Iron Giant, Ratatouille, The Incredibles), Craig McCracken (poweruff girls, fosters home for imaginary friends), butch hartman (danny phantom, fairly odd parents), stephen hillenbran (I always spell his name wrong, but spongebob), etc. lol
I go to cartoon college so that I can draw dead things! :B we'll see if my first year film is full of dead things or a story about me and a fellow classmate at Disneyland... it could go either way at this point.
Hal! I love so much your use of light and shading... I like all your drawings, but they have all in common the perfect shading, looks so 3D! And the way you use what they teach you, for create your on awesomeness... because as Kogenta said, looks un-academic, very.. very pu! xDDD
I only did a drawing lately, and i'ts not FFXI related neither...
(close up a bit)
PINK AND OVERUSING SPARKLES?! oh yes, that's so like me *shame*..
That drawing is lovely, Peti~ It takes me back to classic shoujo-style manga works. And its fine I think, not being XI related, adds some more spice to this thread and reminds people there's stuff out there other than the game ;) you seem to have a lot of really nice brushes, are they free-for-use? if so, where did you get them? :o I am always too lazy to make more of my own brushes and free-for-use brushes are annoying to find.
also, thank you! My shading is usually not technically correct, I like using multiple light sources... I think when I am forced to use a single light source I actually have more trouble lol which is ironic since its technically more simple, but I like making things pop with multiple sources of shade.
The FFXI based art I've drawn is on there. My coloring is pretty basic and simple, Because my internet simply can't support Photoshop ^^; Maybe once I move..Oh well!
Love ur style pu, do ur school appreciate it? seems pretty un-academic, im curious to know if they consider u a "black-sheep" or a "genius" xD
I go to CalArts, which is probably the coolest school in the world (as far as I'm concerned :) )... we have pretty much free creative reign here so long as we follow the prompt and, so far, I'm doing well in my classes.
I guess it's not that odd to see un-academic artwork here though (which is one of the things I really really like about it)... some of the alumni include Henry Selick (coraline, nightmare before christmas, james and the giant peach), Tim Burton, John Lasseter (Pixar/Disney), pete docter (Monsters INC. , UP) , Brad Bird (Iron Giant, Ratatouille, The Incredibles), Craig McCracken (poweruff girls, fosters home for imaginary friends), butch hartman (danny phantom, fairly odd parents), stephen hillenbran (I always spell his name wrong, but spongebob), etc. lol
I go to cartoon college so that I can draw dead things! :B we'll see if my first year film is full of dead things or a story about me and a fellow classmate at Disneyland... it could go either way at this point.
lovely and cool :° i'm at art academy in florence, and even if they are trying to free themselves from the chains of tradition and canons, ppl (teachers) is still locked in a cage where if u don't do what they like, it's not art and not worth. <.< (most of them, not everyone)...
it's not a bad school, the atmosphere and classes are good and i like them, it's good to learn some basics °D° i hope i can jump to a comic / animation school next \<.</
The FFXI based art I've drawn is on there. My coloring is pretty basic and simple, Because my internet simply can't support Photoshop ^^; Maybe once I move..Oh well!
Thanks for sharing! What do you mean by internet supporting Photoshop, though? Is it something that can be helped?
Unicorn.Halciform said:
I go to cartoon college so that I can draw dead things! :B we'll see if my first year film is full of dead things or a story about me and a fellow classmate at Disneyland... it could go either way at this point.
The first part made me smile. lol You can still flash the guns on Splash Mountain while being dead, there's no possible reason not to combine the two ideas.
Great job everyone!!!!! I envy you all. =^^= The art I do is mostly using AV to make sigs. (I'm a graphic designer) I really really wish I had the artistic talent you guys have!
you seem to have a lot of really nice brushes, are they free-for-use? if so, where did you get them? :o I am always too lazy to make more of my own brushes and free-for-use brushes are annoying to find.
Yes! I download these mostly from deviantart stock resources, as well as free textures (also using the ones of GGtextures website) or fonts (also dafonts)... There are categories for each thing, even for other programs too, if you check on the left side!
Most of these are free, each one has own rules... some of them are "take it and gtfo", but most of times the rest only ask you to credit them in the description (linking back, so more people can use, etc), doesn't require ask permission for use... and if you want, to show them the final product, for their joy :)
Of course there are a lot of websites with free brushes, but indeed, are a pain in the ***... And I hate when most of these doesn't show a preview, so when you download, you get 30 new brushes all the same changing slightly the size, and have to erase one by one (if someone knows how to erase brushes in PS faster...?)
Take a look around! there are some impressive for drawing fur, skin, leaves.. *O*
Hahahah! These are so original, felt shocked with these little taru butterflies! Really hard work, loving the backgrounds as well with the little drops.. *O* The ark angel with the imps flying is very great, lot of cool effects that blends perfectly, well done!!
@Pet: Mithra boobs? Your art is breaking the laaaws. lol Looks amazing, though, I love the glasses.
@Pandele: Wow, they all look great, but I especially like Ocean Spray, Tarutterfly and Dark Angel. Those three are reaaaaally impressive! I save to compewter for backgrounds, yesss? lol
Peti and making Mithra boobs bigger. *squints* Been out a bit, but glad to see other people have contributed. :D Everything was nice. Now I feel bad about neglecting the art thread. ;_;
OMG PET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY TY TY TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
And ya I asked pet for the "Bustier" Mithra cause I am a "Bustier" Woman. =><=\ Pet's not going perv-ie or anything, I think. :p
X//DDDDDDDDDDDDDD thank you guys! I'm happy that you liked it. All the FFXI characters need plastic surgery, specially galk--.. *peeks around* o-oh... nothing... nevermind. *run away scared*
Kogenta, what to say.. all the pieces you do with this style ( I think this is the third I saw ) charm me very much, somehow fits with the FFXI characters very well! very epic.
And Pandele, that's so cute! You added the fishes around her? Because it's a lovely touch! I never managed to see that scenery on the game, is new? looks really adorable. AND OMFG SPARKLES!!
Hahaha "-SPARKLES!!" in the list xDDDDDDD looks great, specially the change you did to colors, way more strong and vibrant, really noticeable on the water! Its good to see your posts, so keep these up!
You gave me the idea for start using again screenshots for background :)
This one is Vyren's request.
Original provided screenshot:
Edited:
Had not much to edit.. the original screen had already some gorgeous dat and was very costumized!
@Kogenta: Love how smallpic that is small has the gritty look to it. While sleek, light and sharp art is nice, it's even nicer to see a darker, more grim and gritty looking picture once in a while.
@Pandele: Always surprises me how people can make FFXI look so awesome. The areas themselves look kind of bleak now compared to other games (eight years of tech advances kicked the ***out of our little MMO graphics!), so artists that touch up screenshotted areas to look more up to date is just amazing.
Unless you just drew that from scratch. In which case, gdi. o.o
@Peti: STOP SLACKING ON MY COMISH. >:O!
Kidding~ Great work as usual. Wish Sea really looked that good. But! I think the mifrah could have looked a little meaner...after all, she IS holding a blade that looks like it can cut light. xD
herroo friends! I've seen a ton of great FF/FFXI/whatever artwork submitted via screenshots to the site so I thought it'd be a nice idea to make a thread for you artists to post your work and connect with each other, while showing off your badass stuff for everyone else. lol Hopefully someone can get this started off as I have nothing of my own to post and don't want to post the work of others. D:
Edit: Rin's post just reminded me, but personal site/journal/DA links as well if you want! Also, if you have art from someone else that you think wouldn't mind it being shared here, post as well. Just make sure to credit them and link somewhere where they can be found. :D