Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » Blue Mage » Inheriting Multiple Groups
Inheriting Multiple Groups
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2013-06-28 13:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, I have an issue regarding inheriting multiple groups in spellcast. What I want to do is have a group for each event. Ie. Dynamis, Nyzul, Delve, cleaving, so when I enter my MH I can run gearcollector and only collect gear from a specific group. The issue arises when I have a set that is in multiple groups, Ie. my curing set. Is there a way to inherit multiple groups? I know I can just create a curing set in each group that it's in, however I'll end up with mass amounts of duplicated sets.

Thanks.
 Bahamut.Eclipstic
Server: Bahamut
user: eclipstic
By Bahamut.Eclipstic 2013-06-28 13:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure you're going to just deal w/ having duplicate sets for each group.
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2013-06-28 13:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of having a different xml for each event instead of groups, and pointing them at a specific xml. This way I will only have to update gear in one place.
 Bahamut.Eclipstic
Server: Bahamut
user: eclipstic
By Bahamut.Eclipstic 2013-07-04 08:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

let me see if i understand this. you say you use gearcollector to pull gear for certain events (to limit the amount of gear you actually need for said event), but you want it to pull all common sets so they only have to appear once in the xml? this would allow you to change one set applicable for all groups with a single edit. to my knowledge, this is not possible and your solution of having a different xml for each instead of groups doesn't really solve your original problem b/c if you have one new piece of gear that applies to all groups, (let's just say a cure set piece) you would still have to change that slot in each xml. did i miss anything?