FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-07-08 17:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

10th-15th ! Im glad they didnt start next weekend like before, means theres a chance open beta in 2 weeks :)
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-09 03:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

More interviews from Yoshi P during the Japan Expo in Paris:

http://www.secrets-eorzea.com/en/news/news-of-the-day/220-interview-of-naoki-yoshida-by-secrets-of-eorzea

http://www.rpgsite.net/interviews/451-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-interview-with-naoki-yoshida

Already 1.5 million beta registered - hence we keep getting error on PS3 screen if you are trying to register, server is at max capacity for phase 3. He cannot get rid of people to stop playing the game. Apparently the tester play for hours - nonstop, regardless the fact that their characters will be wiped at the end of phase 3. He was expecting them to just play a day or two and that was it.

Yoshida: I think the biggest thing we're feeling is that the players that are playing the beta are spreading the word that you should definitely try this out via twitter and facebook. Not only the presence at the shows, but I think the players are actually playing a large part in that.

One thing that we're having a headache with at the moment is that players are enjoying the beta so much that they're not logging out of the game! [laughs] We'd love to distribute more beta keys, but we can't - because their data can't be wiped because they're still playing! The servers are at capacity at the moment!

Yoshida: The morale and motivation of the development team are very good. One of the major reasons is the large number of player feedback on phase 3 and, as you know, we were finally able to set up the PS3 version, This gavethe opportunity to play on both platforms (PC and PS3).

We received a large number of messages from people having fun playing the beta and more yesterday. We exceeded the the one and a half million registrations for the beta. We are pleased that so many people are interested in our game, and that many beta testers continue to play the full game because they enjoy it, knowing that everything will be erased at the end of the test phase. Usually, during the closed beta, players stop playing after a few days but this is clearly not the case in FFXIV! All of this makes us really happy and gives us alot of motivation.

PVP at the Colloseum
Yoshida: First of all, we are going to introduce one part of the PVP we're planning to make, Coliseum. This is going to be 4 vs. 4 or 8 vs. 8. With this next beta phase, 4, we're going to test that out - so you'll be able to find out what happens when different classes or jobs fight against each other within FF14.

With this PVP system, there's going to be different character systems compared to the PVE version. If you win a battle in PVP, you'll earn points, and when you collect these points you can exchange for certain abilities or skills or equipment dedicated to the PVP system. As such, you can level up your character in a sense within the PVP system.

If you want to focus on PVE, that's absolutely fine, but if you do get a chance to try out PVP, please do so - you'll get to think about what kind of skills you want to use, what kind of gear you want to use - make sure you have good enough gear to stand up in PVP.

This Coliseum will be introduced with patch 2.0, straight away after launch. Six months after launch, we're planning to also introduce another PVP called Frontline. This is more like a RvR - Realm versus Realm. This uses whole zones - it's a large-scale PVP.

There's lots of excitement in the PVP - it's not just about hitting each other and things like that. If you haven't done PVP before, just give it a try and I hope you enjoy it. If you don't like the idea of hitting another player, then don't worry - you can concentrate on the PVE and try to become the Warrior of Light.

That being said, if you want to meet me in game, you have to come into the Coliseum or the Frontline - that's where I'll be! [laughs] That's my thing.

DARK KNIGHT is coming to FF14
Yoshida: I see what you mean. We created the system, but we do not necessarily need to follow it all the time. For example, let’s say that the Dark Knight is the second Gladiator job (attention, it is still not a confirmation), when you get its job stone at level 30, all acquired Gladiator skills will certainly be modified to better fit the image of the Dark Knight. It was just to give an example to explain that we are not going to destroy how players consider different classes / jobs. It could be an interesting way to introduce future classes / jobs. We will consider your concerns on this issue, rest assured. This should make things more interesting, don't you think?

Which DD class is more powerful in FF14?
Yoshida: Currently, some hardcore gamers, especially Japanese, have done analysis on the latest jobs and find that Dragoon and Monk and are a bit too powerful. * laughs *

[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-07-09 04:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is drunk...they just sent me abuncha squiggles telling me when the next part of phase 3 is...
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-07-09 04:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The way he replies, he must be so proud lol.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-09 09:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
DARK KNIGHT is coming to FF14
(attention, it is still not a confirmation)

Just pointing that out there. :x
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
user: Zetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-09 09:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The RvsR seems sweet. I'm always glad to read his interviews,since you can tell he is enjoying himself. Honestly even though I know my character will be deleted I still can't not play the beta. Also its really interesting what he said about DRK. I like the fact GLD skills would be modified(even if not confirmed)to fit the job, that way we can just get more jobs than classes.
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-11 16:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Found this oldies but goodies survey questions that was done for FF14. Matsui named was mentioned as well, which shown that he is aware of what the majority of players wanted now (not in 2003). Surprised that his handling in SoA is somewhat underwhelming lol.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=7268beda5ef81b10600f4ba07316083b634f7678
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-07-11 17:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

By monday a lot of people will be sad for having to play again from lv1... lol But hey it's up now ! Instead of waste time here go play and TEST TEST TEST !!!! ;)
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-07-11 17:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So the game comes out the 27th, how early do you think early access is?
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-11 17:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hah, I would go back and play test test test all day long but I am trying to minimize the "hurt" when they close down phase 3 beta. I did get to lvl 29 and tried all but one dungeon. Being a conjurer is great to get instant spot on duty finder. The crafting is so well done, gathering is a breeze, and exploring is such a joy over there. There are few jobs + game mechanic I will miss from FFXI. And the nice boring grind of Aby worm party lol. FF14 battle system can be frantic that it leaves no room for chatting, while the absurdly boring FFXI grind system can be relaxing in some ways and letting you chat - and have a flame wars between those AFKs that got MPK death lol.
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-11 17:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
So the game comes out the 27th, how early do you think early access is?

I would say early access is by the 20th -22nd. Which is not a big deal. We probably will get about 2 weeks of phase 4, then a few days off to prepare for early access launch. I think there is a good 2 weeks break between phase 3 and phase 4.
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-11 17:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hah, I would go back and play test test test all day long but I am trying to minimize the "hurt" when they close down phase 3 beta. I did get to lvl 29 and tried all but one dungeon. Being a conjurer is great to get instant spot on duty finder. The crafting is so well done, gathering is a breeze, and exploring is such a joy over there. There are few jobs + game mechanic I will miss from FFXI. And the nice boring grind of Aby worm party lol. FF14 battle system can be frantic that it leaves no room for chatting, while the absurdly boring FFXI grind system can be relaxing in some ways and letting you chat - and have a flame wars between those AFKs that got MPK death lol.

I have to agree with you about the crafting system. All I did yesterday was level up crafts and holy crap is it going to be addicting. As much as I want to put the game down and wait for phase 4, I can't. I'm looking forward to the time when everything will save up but for now I'll enjoy it.
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-11 18:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you do the crafting levee? It really speed up your leveling process and you kill two birds with one stone. I am sure you have like 99 by now. This game seriously need to launch NOW!!!
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-11 18:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol no I havn't done any of the leve for crafting yet. I know it helps with the leveling but I started crafting while waiting on a dungeon and it took longer than I expected. I just decided to stay crafting and I don't regret it lol it was fun. Also, yes this game needs to launch lol.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-07-11 20:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to figure out what server to go to before applications close D:

Legacy chars can only stay on Legacy worlds correct? D:
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Server: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-07-11 20:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

if your game is a bit laggy on pc, think it would play better on ps3?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-11 22:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Legacy characters can only be on legacy servers for a few months (6 min.) Afterwards they won't be server locked.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-07-11 23:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Legacy characters can only be on legacy servers for a few months (6 min.) Afterwards they won't be server locked.

yea that's what i thought.

and i bet we will have to pay for xfers by then too :/
By Enuyasha 2013-07-11 23:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you dont have to pay for transfers in other modern MMOs, so theres hope!
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-11 23:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not on PS3 but just got a code. Says on SE website code registration currently unavailable. Will I miss this beta or is it just a maintenence?
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-07-11 23:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Not on PS3 but just got a code. Says on SE website code registration currently unavailable. Will I miss this beta or is it just a maintenence?

I saw your post, logged onto my account to check, all information regarding FF XIV beta disappeared from it (does not mean the beta isn't working, just the information vanished).
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-07-12 04:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

yea i had the same problem a couple weeks ago when i tried to register an extra code i had for my brother to try the game out, ended up finding out the only way i could register my beta code was if i had a ps3 download code :/

so if you find a ps3 download code or a spare one, you can register it that way.
 Carbuncle.Vilkacis
Server: Carbuncle
user: Brunno
By Carbuncle.Vilkacis 2013-07-12 05:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the PS3 code, loved the game, but found the graphics and animations (some mobs move at like 0.2 fps) to be a bit of a disappointment. The character creation graphics are gorgeous, but then ingame they're toned down significantly. Still very playable of course. It's a very old hardware and I supposed a game of this nature is quite demanding. I'll probably be getting the PS3 version and the PS4 version next year.

I thought I'd give it a try on PC, so I searched around and managed to download the beta client for my mid-2009 macbook pro. Couldn't run the game though... even the FMV opening was stuttering and lagging as hell. So, if you have the PS3 version you can always download the PC version elsewhere and play it. Not the opposite though, you'll definitely need the PS Store code to get it.
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-12 05:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I use the pc version on macbook pro 2010, with i7 processor, it works fine at standard to low setting. It works as well with macbook air 2012, again with lower setting. But yeah seems like it does love a much current laptop specs than a 2-3 year old ones.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-07-12 05:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Vilkacis said: »
I got the PS3 code, loved the game, but found the graphics and animations (some mobs move at like 0.2 fps) to be a bit of a disappointment. The character creation graphics are gorgeous, but then ingame they're toned down significantly. Still very playable of course. It's a very old hardware and I supposed a game of this nature is quite demanding. I'll probably be getting the PS3 version and the PS4 version next year.

I thought I'd give it a try on PC, so I searched around and managed to download the beta client for my mid-2009 macbook pro. Couldn't run the game though... even the FMV opening was stuttering and lagging as hell. So, if you have the PS3 version you can always download the PC version elsewhere and play it. Not the opposite though, you'll definitely need the PS Store code to get it.

Obviously the game doesn't look that good on PS3 but on PC it looks great if you can handle it. Playing this game on a laptop isn't the smartest thing though, even though 2.0 is better than 1.0.
 Carbuncle.Vilkacis
Server: Carbuncle
user: Brunno
By Carbuncle.Vilkacis 2013-07-12 09:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I work in Africa. Internet connection is quite crappy, but enough to handle FF11. I to try it out, to see if FF14 would run ok with this internet. If it did, then I'd invest in a gaming laptop that I could carry around to Africa. I'm definitely not bring my PS3 here! At best I have download speeds of 100KBps. Some 1000+ pings, but this is no FPS, so it could probably work.

My laptop is a 15 inches Macbook Pro, mid-2009, with 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo and a GeForce 9600M GT with 256 MB of video memory. I run FF11 on a virtual machine and it's pretty good, surprisingly better than it was running natively on dual boot (boot camp). I've recently upgraded it with an SSD and after reading in some forum that people actually ran FF11 on a virtual machine with great results, I gave it a try and decided to ditch boot camp on my new drive.

However, If I'd have any chance of running it on my hardware, even with the SSD and the 8GB of RAM upgrades, I'd certainly have to run Windows natively to have all the resources available.
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-12 13:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phase 4 will be 1 week only.

Arcanist will be available at phase 4

Voice acting will be available at phase 4

There will be some kind of exp bonus for secondary class after completion of first 50 class/job.

HQ crafting from NQ materials will have adjustment.

Source: http://metenyo.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-8557.html
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-12 13:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Allegedly. >_>
No official post on forums yet and one can only hope the art of trolling isn't so rampant in Japan. ;x

Edit: Although, you can't create a character is his name, so possibly true. ;x
By Enuyasha 2013-07-12 14:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

NA Servers of beta are down...while FFXI is down for maint...GREEAAATT how am i supposed to super procrastinate now!?!
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-12 19:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phase 4 will be 1 week only.

Arcanist will be available at phase 4

Voice acting will be available at phase 4

There will be some kind of exp bonus for secondary class after completion of first 50 class/job.

HQ crafting from NQ materials will have adjustment.

Source: http://metenyo.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-8557.html

If this is true then we'll most likely get phase 4 during the second week of august. I think is a good cool down period between the phases and we should then get early access a couple of days afterwards.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23