Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXIV Beta ps3
FFXIV Beta ps3
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23
By Kimble2013 2013-06-23 00:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

so, after phase 3 is phase 4 and thats open beta? is anything we do in phase 4 going to be carried into the main game?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-06-23 00:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I've been told Kimble.
By Kimble2013 2013-06-23 00:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

so I can get to level 50 and get all spells/abilities and it will be there when the game goes live when its released?

I want to play more of phase 3 but seems kinda like a waste to get to far into it since it will get deleted.
By arhat 2013-06-23 00:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure phase 4 carries on to live? I thought the only head start you could get was early access.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-23 01:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

phase 4 is open beta and that will carry onto live, everyone gets 2-3weeks free to play the game without having to pay after the official release.

there might be an early access period where open beta will be over for ~2weeks before the official launch of the game however.
 Asura.Silverware
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silverware 2013-06-23 02:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
so I can get to level 50 and get all spells/abilities and it will be there when the game goes live when its released?

I want to play more of phase 3 but seems kinda like a waste to get to far into it since it will get deleted.

I would assume that Phase 4 Open Beta will maintain the same level cap for new characters and quest restrictions as Phase 3. Otherwise you'd have people doing exactly what you just said before the game is even out lol.
By arhat 2013-06-23 02:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand how you can sound so sure of something that isn't spelled out but unsure about the early access that was announced in an email sent out 3 weeks ago telling everyone that preordering XIV gives early access. Sounds like speculation.

Edit: At any rate, if this turns out to be true and they don't disable the NPCs (that are enabled after you join a GC) that let you take classes from anything up to level 15 you may as well take advantage of it. Maybe they'll overlook them and keep them enabled in phase 4.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-23 04:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Check this out, a very long read but it makes you appreciate Yoshi and wish the same type of letter will come out from Matsui regarding the fate of FFXI. Yoshi P truly has a vision.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/53673-Design-Concepts-for-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn?p=777400&viewfull=1#post777400
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-23 04:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

He mentioned the content from 1-50 is to ease everyone up to their role-jobs in party. The end game dungeons suppose to be very hard and if you are not up to par, you won't be able to clear it at all. He also wants to make sure that no job is "preferred" and becoming must have because it has an edge. Basically you can say goodbye to AFK leeching to level cap, newbies getting freebies spot for key items, and pretty much everything you wish that will be done in FFXI. But he makes sure the newbies and the hardcore can play together, and everyone has a way to enjoy the game. Noble and lofty ideas, we shall see if everything will come into fruition.

Quoting his written response:

"Once the main scenario reaches its first major milestone, I believe the meaning behind the opening will become clear.

Doing the quests and reading the story text without leveling another class, continuing to play straight through for 60-80 hours you can see the world’s longest list of credits, and even after that continue to adventure through Eorzea. There will begin to be a difference in player skills as large enemies appear and players gather equipment to combat these foes. There are a ton of plans in store: primals that are summoned in to Eorzea, the housing system, what happened to Bahamut, the Crystal Tower, large scale PvP, company crafting, and more. The feeling that you are living in Eorzea will really take place after the “ending.”

It’s at this point in time where you will start to need multiple level 50 classes and jobs, battle strategies, efficient usage of skills, and intense analysis from players passionate about research. This is why the early stages of the game and the core battle system have been simplified. The much discussed length of GCD is because you have time to think at the moment, yet once you reach end-game, that free time will be all but gone as what you need to do will increase, so with that said we do not plan on eliminating this. "
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-06-23 04:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

arhat said: »
I don't understand how you can sound so sure of something that isn't spelled out but unsure about the early access that was announced in an email sent out 3 weeks ago telling everyone that preordering XIV gives early access. Sounds like speculation.

Edit: At any rate, if this turns out to be true and they don't disable the NPCs (that are enabled after you join a GC) that let you take classes from anything up to level 15 you may as well take advantage of it. Maybe they'll overlook them and keep them enabled in phase 4.

I got the same email i just didn't read it.

I was sure of my information provided, which is why i provided it. I just wasn't sure 100% on how the details of early access worked.
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-23 04:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
He mentioned the content from 1-50 is to ease everyone up to their role-jobs in party. The end game dungeons suppose to be very hard and if you are not up to par, you won't be able to clear it at all. He also wants to make sure that no job is "preferred" and becoming must have because it has an edge. Basically you can say goodbye to AFK leeching to level cap, newbies getting freebies spot for key items, and pretty much everything you wish that will be done in FFXI. But he makes sure the newbies and the hardcore can play together, and everyone has a way to enjoy the game. Noble and lofty ideas, we shall see if everything will come into fruition.
As a conjurer that has done quite a few party duty missions for lvl:
I personally think Thurmaturge is the least favorite when it comes to dungeons. It can pack a dmg, yes, however enmity drawn, spell interruption, low HP, knockback out of range can be the death of the mage easily, and can't raise mid fight makes it rough for the rest of the pt.... D:
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-23 04:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nanabi said: »
I personally think Thurmaturge is the least favorite when it comes to dungeons. It can pack a dmg, yes, however enmity drawn, spell interruption, low HP, knockback out of range can be the death of the mage easily, and can't raise mid fight makes it rough for the rest of the pt.... D:

LMAO this aspect will be fun at endgame, if you are dead, you are dead, KO from the rest of the battle and pretty much if healer is dead, dungeon game over and restart :) The lowbies dungeon is already fun and mildly challenging once you figure out the pattern, newcomer group is still wiping though, took me 3 tries cuz people just bailed out after wiping lol. At least you don't loose your time and have to redo the whole thing over again - your party can pick up right where you left of and try again. Not sure if this continue at end game.
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-23 04:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Thurmaturge have -enmity ability/gear or damage over time spells?
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-23 04:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nanabi said: »

LMAO this aspect will be fun at endgame, if you are dead, you are dead, KO from the rest of the battle and pretty much if healer is dead, dungeon game over and restart :) The lowbies dungeon is already fun and mildly challenging once you figure out the pattern, newcomer group is still wiping though, took me 3 tries cuz people just bailed out after wiping lol.
it's love and hate for me in this aspect IF the first death comes from the Thurmaturge.... it's hard enough to keep him alive as is if he doesn't know what he's doing...
Don't get me wrong, the dungeons are fun, and I was just killing Ifrit before this week's ended, the Thurmaturge wouldn't stop dying because he just never wants to interrupt his spells XD

Edit for example from copperbell mines:
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-23 04:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

I can't log in anymore but I vaguely remember some gears have enmity down attributes. Thaumarge will evolve into black mage, so who knows. It's a fun job, if you play it right you never run out of mp. Not sure if stoneskin from conjurer can be sub and used at higher level.

I wonder if other jobs will have reraise spells later on, or reraise abilities. Cannot raise mid battle will become a problem on difficult end game boss (or just do not die lol). But if they adopt WoW style, then you just respawn and try again with different strategy. There are always people who just spam 2 buttons and not paying attention to the big damaging AOE, you are right, they usually die first. Also I notice, no one wants to play healer lol, at all... shouts are always for healer, then tank.

So far I am very excited, so many quests and areas to explore, and crafting is so much fun, with risk/reward ratio and some probabilities. In FFXI, you spend 30-45 mnts gathering items for your craft, here you get a few levels done in that same amount of time. This game needs to come out sooner than end of August...
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-06-23 04:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
i like how you can recruit anyone from all servers on ff14 if you're dong a pt or quest/ anything, its not limited to your server only, just like gw2

they should implement this feature on ffxi. But that will take a lot of coding i guess/memory problems

Can someone explain this a bit more? You can do events with people from other servers?
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-23 04:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't log in anymore but I vaguely remember some gears have enmity down attributes. Thaumarge will evolve into black mage, so who knows. It's a fun job, if you play it right you never run out of mp. Not sure if stoneskin from conjurer can be sub and used at higher level.

I wonder if other jobs will have reraise spells later on, or reraise abilities. Cannot raise mid battle will become a problem on difficult end game boss (or just do not die lol). But if they adopt WoW style, then you just respawn and try again with different strategy. There are always people who just spam 2 buttons and not paying attention to the big damaging AOE, you are right, they usually die first. Also I notice, no one wants to play healer lol, at all... shouts are always for healer, then tank.

So far I am very excited, so many quests and areas to explore, and crafting is so much fun, with risk/reward ratio and some probabilities. In FFXI, you spend 30-45 mnts gathering items for your craft, here you get a few levels done in that same amount of time. This game needs to come out sooner than end of August...
Dat Ifrit AOE :3

But since I play on JP server... there are way too many CNJs here, we're missing tanks :3

Also, CNJ is a lot of heavy thinking as to when is the best time to heal for dungeons and bosses, since most bosses WILL have adds and you'll be partially tanking all of them most of the time because of how the enmity works atm, staying a alive is half the battle for most, CNJ just takes the cake on this though XD
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-23 04:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah finding a good tank is a bit hard right now. Conjurer definitely not a walk in the park since you have to pay attention and time your healing or forced to spam that one Cure button over and over... or Medica, which draws tons of hate. You do have to tell people to watch for adds, and make sure the DDs pay attention and grab those, one by one and not ganging up on one while the rest is killing your healer. The Slime boss always wipe a party without fail until they realize what they need to do lol. And someone always die on Ifrit battle because they absent mindedly spam one button...

I am willing to bet the endgame dungeon will frustrate a lot of newbies if they cannot learn how to work together and figure out how to rotate the abilities. I think this is why we are getting 35 levels worth of dungeon on "easy mode" to prepare most people on how to learn their jobs properly. Isn't this what Abyssea haters been asking for? You cannot sit leech AFK in leech party for 10 hours to reach level cap in FF14 :) Your gears also have to be "attuned" 100% to you, and the only way you can do that is by doing battle. At least we don't have to deal with weapon and magic skill ups. Seems like you also have to level synch in dungeon? That would be a great feature since it will kill any attempt of level 50 doing power level for their bazilion army of alts by running them via dungeons over and over.
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-06-23 05:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah finding a good tank is a bit hard right now. Conjurer definitely not a walk in the park since you have to pay attention and time your healing or forced to spam that one Cure button over and over... or Medica, which draws tons of hate. You do have to tell people to watch for adds, and make sure the DDs pay attention and grab those, one by one and not ganging up on one while the rest is killing your healer. The Slime boss always wipe a party without fail until they realize what they need to do lol. And someone always die on Ifrit battle because they absent mindedly spam one button...

I am willing to bet the endgame dungeon will frustrate a lot of newbies if they cannot learn how to work together and figure out how to rotate the abilities. I think this is why we are getting 35 levels worth of dungeon on "easy mode" to prepare most people on how to learn their jobs properly. Isn't this what Abyssea haters been asking for? You cannot sit leech AFK in leech party for 10 hours to reach level cap in FF14 :) Your gears also have to be "attuned" 100% to you, and the only way you can do that is by doing battle. At least we don't have to deal with weapon and magic skill ups. Seems like you also have to level synch in dungeon? That would be a great feature since it will kill any attempt of level 50 doing power level for their bazilion army of alts by running them via dungeons over and over.
Got quite a few players added me on friendlist for future runs, all those years of mage gaming paid off XD
Yes lvl sync is implied when you're over cap for a specific dungeon.

Also, the blob in mines suck balls when you're the CNJ and has to do the switch, and try to warn players to watch out for bombs is futile because I swear they don't read...

P.s. Typing while casting cure in this game sucks if your default bar is bind to numbers only >.>
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-23 05:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the few bosses are like Zelda games, you need to know their attack pattern and act accordingly, or you die. And their attack is not cheap instant AOE kill you all die die die like FFXI. It always give you a few seconds to react, and the outer ring will let you know, RUN for your life NOW. The people who smash button and not paying attention usually the one who die first or resulting your healer got surrounded by mobs and die shortly there after lol. It is faster pace, but you still have to pay attention. I can just see how much fun it is to die and die and die on the end game dungeon till you find the best strategy to beat the bosses. At least we are constantly moving and on the run, and not stay in one place for hours waiting for 45 mnts for your group to gather.... The nightmare on doing Voidwatch 3 Nations come to mind (what? you never done WoTG - add 20 mnts, what? you never activate the maw - add 20 mnts, no sky access? another 20 mnts). Or doing SoA end game (guys there are rock and roots blocking the path, what should I do, no access to teleport, no one bother doing colonization anymore..).
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-23 10:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No abilities but as a BLM you get access to ARC's -enmity ability and maybe ACN will have some too.

The entire Thunder line of spells is DoT.

And for the server question, it's WoW's content finder.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-06-23 12:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh so the cap in beta is 15? i had no idea, lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-23 12:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Oh so the cap in beta is 15? i had no idea, lol.

If you mean level cap then no, you can level past 30 if you're fast. Class quests only go up to 15 though so you can't get your 20+ quested abilities or a new job.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-23 12:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how many people have been playing Phase 3?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-23 13:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I really like the fact that guard npcs stationed..well, anywhere will run to you and help kill your aggro if you get close enough to them. Infact they kill any aggressive monster that runs into the vicinity of them, attacking people or not.

Like, you remember that time in FFXI you'd run for your life in west ronfoure(sp?) from an Orc (elvaan's big enemy, mind you) and you'd get to the gate and the gate guards just stood there? well, they actually care now in FFXIV!! haha.

That's what pretty much every MMO been doing recently, nothing new.....

And no reason to use it as a way to bash FFXI, since it not something ppl enjoyed FFXI would care, and plenty of games been doing it.

I haven't try beta because I usually don't play MMO during beta. I was planning to play for a couple of months after it launch to see how it's like, since I still have loads of crysta and legacy member anyways. I just wanted to read other's POV and whether it's worth playing this time or not. But majority of positive reviews are based on the fact that FFXI has bad game mechanics so FFXIV is better. And also based on those players been playing FFXI so they liked X and Y because it should be in FFXI.

And that's just not very objective.

For a MMO, longevity > having something new and super fun. Every new MMO more or less has something new/attractive/unique features to sell. So players would want to give it a try. But after a couple of months, longevity is really what makes ppl stay and keep playing.

It's not hard to make something new, every MMO can do it. Those who played same FFXI for years may enjoy something new, simply because FFXI is getting old after years.

But longevity is based on feedback. Your sense of accomplishment after you get something done. FFXI can stay for so long, is not because game mechanics are amazing, nor job system is great, nor super fun raid. It's only because what you gained after you invest your time in it, due to community and connections. And it's hard to copy and paste this experience in another MMO.

Those who claimed FFXIV ARR is awesome, only pointed out it's new and fun, but did not mention anything related to it's longevity and player interaction aspect, which is more important than anything else ....but I guess it's probably better to wait until launch.

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Played for about 5 hours, got bored of doing the same type of "find X or kill X amount of mobs" quests and grinding.

Have fun finding another MMO that doesnt do that.

Guild Wars 2 comes to mind. That game has some exceptional quest design for an MMO, actually for an RPG in general.

I still find the look of it far too distasteful though, that's a preference thing though.

Star Wars: The Old Republic does a pretty good job of avoiding the grindygrind style quests until your personal class story is over, then it dives headlong into the *** with Gusto.

No comment on GW2 since I haven't try it. But SWTOR is a pretty bad example....at least before I quit(Not sure how's it like now). You kill X and Y A LOT in SWTOR. The only difference is quests actually have dialogue/voice act and you can choose what to say, and certain class quests are well written.

After weeks of doing quests and reading stories, it got pretty repetitive and boring. And in the end it's story that'd keep players around, which is 0 longevity. You either love SW and reading story and keep playing, or you quit.

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Played for about 5 hours, got bored of doing the same type of "find X or kill X amount of mobs" quests and grinding.

Have fun finding another MMO that doesnt do that.

If you don't like find X or kill X quests, theme-park MMO probably isn't for you. Recently I read about a new sandbox MMO made by Korean

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/a-tale-of-two-worlds-archeage-and-the-elder-scrolls-online-6410289/

Seems interesting IMO(Although the writer of this article may be biased in a way....). You can also go do research and find other titles if you're sick of FFXI and not into another WoW theme-park clone. This world isn't WoW clone or bust.
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-23 14:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaand another week to go.
 Asura.Crizzo
user: Crizzo
By Asura.Crizzo 2013-06-23 14:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, its bull. I wish it wasn't only Friday and Saturday.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-06-23 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Does anyone know how many people have been playing Phase 3?
I remember something around a couple hundred thousand or something like that.

Asura.Crizzo said: »
Yeah, its bull. I wish it wasn't only Friday and Saturday.
It's because they're going on a Japanese time schedule and they do work on the game all during the weekdays.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Lots of stuff
There's too much wrong with everything there to get into it.
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-06-23 14:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I still want to play on sunday lol its my only day off from everything
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-06-23 14:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't what the issue with "find X or kill X amount" of mob quests are. They're no worse than "Exp party outside Kazham for 5 hours to get 2 levels".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23