Final Fantasy XV
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 54 55 56
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-16 11:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
except the controls in XV suck. Why must developers use a floaty character movement system? I don't care about your vision, I want 100% character movement and no exceptions. If I nudge forward I want to take 1 step, or even a half step, or a quarter step, not 3 steps forward. I raged during that dungeon not because it was difficult, not because it outsmarted me, but because of the controls. It's like the entire game is built on ice except you take 3 steps instead of sliding.

/flashbacks to 1.0
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-16 14:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever you do, don't fly your car into the crater near titan, your map will glitch out and think you're in that zone :X
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-12-16 18:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
except the controls in XV suck. Why must developers use a floaty character movement system? I don't care about your vision, I want 100% character movement and no exceptions. If I nudge forward I want to take 1 step, or even a half step, or a quarter step, not 3 steps forward. I raged during that dungeon not because it was difficult, not because it outsmarted me, but because of the controls. It's like the entire game is built on ice except you take 3 steps instead of sliding.

/flashbacks to 1.0

Haven't played in a few days but doesn't holding block/defend fix that? since you walk slower. Maybe after i get passed chapter 5 I'll understand your anger towards controls. I really should finish this game so I can have opinions of my own on it. Sadly so far I find it great. Only issue I have so far is the auto-targeting. but nothing that drives me too crazy.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-16 18:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it does fix it
By Ackeron 2016-12-16 18:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It only does that when enemies are around I believe, and that dungeon sadly has no enemies.
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Vicious Zvahl 2016-12-16 18:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Who plays the tutorial lol
I did, why wouldn't I want to know what the game wants to inform me of? Otherwise I'd go through the game not knowing something exists.
I avoid tutorial 9 times out of 10 if they are skippable because most of the time you are forced to watch the game show you how they want you to do the thing they are teaching you how to do.

Much prefer tutorials like in Dark Souls 1.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-16 19:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
It only does that when enemies are around I believe, and that dungeon sadly has no enemies.

I've definitely engaged Walk mode without there being any enemies around.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-12-16 19:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »

you can use "Guard" at anytime in the game. With or without enemies around. It should make him only take a step/half-step like Kali wants. I just cant confirm since im not on atm.
By Ackeron 2016-12-16 19:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I must be misremembering, I haven't played in a few days due to the Dawning and Stukov.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-17 07:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is your analog stick sticky or something? :x When I nudge the stick forward I only take half a step, unless we have different definitions of a nudge.
[+]
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2016-12-17 08:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, and thought it might clear up some questions about the story.

My opinion:
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-17 10:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Is your analog stick sticky or something? :x When I nudge the stick forward I only take half a step, unless we have different definitions of a nudge.
Na it doesn't stick.

It mainly happened when you're on top of the pillars with walking space no larger than a basketball.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-17 13:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Just saw a video of the secret Jumping Puzzle, after trying it for a few mins yesterday and finding it fun.

Now I think I completely lost my will to even try it further lol
It took me a good 5 hours yesterday (my entire day after work) to complete that dungeon.
Which is exactely why I won't bother.
It's way too long. Should've kept it half that duration.
I got headaches and felt lost just from the video, can't imagine how bad I would feel from doing it myself =/

Having multiple, shorter jumping puzzles would've been better maybe? But such a huge, intense, long one is a bit too hardcore for my tastes.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-17 13:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Give it a try anyway lol

It's fine if you fall off, you don't get put somewhere really far back
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-17 16:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw a video of the secret Jumping Puzzle, after trying it for a few mins yesterday and finding it fun.

It took me a good 5 hours yesterday (my entire day after work) to complete that dungeon.
I got headaches and felt lost just from the video, can't imagine how bad I would feel from doing it myself =/

Having multiple, shorter jumping puzzles would've been better maybe? But such a huge, intense, long one is a bit too hardcore for my tastes.
It's fun, don't get me wrong. I'm overly critical most of the time really.

I'm glad I did the dungeon, and you get a pretty nice accessory at the very end of it. You can't save inside the dungeon, but if you exit and save it should save your progress.

I wouldn't have done it 5+ hours straight if it wasn't fun.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-12-17 17:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

5 hours, that's it? Sphere 211 takes up a good fifty sometimes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-12-17 17:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
5 hours, that's it? Sphere 211 takes up a good fifty sometimes.

There are 8 more, though they don't all take that long
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-18 08:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You unlock short cuts as you go so you don't have to do it all in one sitting. They only annoying part is you can only enter at night.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-18 12:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

just finished Steyliff Grove, the 100 floor dungeon

took so long to complete <.< at least it saves at the campfires
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-12-18 23:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Sphere 211 takes up a good fifty sometimes.

Hah, I get this reference. I feel proud of myself, although I got stuck on Lenneth and gave up.
By Viciouss 2016-12-18 23:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Could flatten Leneth with paralyzing bombs once you recruited Puffy(?) or whoever that girl was in the bonus dungeons. You can't give up at Leneth, you have to fight Gabriel, come on.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-12-18 23:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Could flatten Leneth with paralyzing bombs once you recruited Puffy(?) or whoever that girl was in the bonus dungeons. You can't give up at Leneth, you have to fight Gabriel, come on.
Well it's been like 3 years since I played it, but maybe if I ever play it again I'll go all out. I could have gone overboard and synthed those really good boots with the huge stat boosts in all the slots for everyone, but it was annoying just making 1 pair for Fayt. And Lenneth is on floor 210, Ethereal Queen is 211, so I would have had to kill Gabriel already to even do 101+.
By Viciouss 2016-12-18 23:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The bunny shoes? I don't remember those being a big deal to synth.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-12-18 23:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm thinking of different boots? Boots of Prowess maybe? I just remember trying to duplicate some big boost% in every slot, and it took a while and a lot of money to do. I'd load up my save and take a peak, but I had to send my PS3(60gb model) to get reballed, so I don't have it at the moment.
By Viciouss 2016-12-18 23:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Boots of Prowess yeah, grind out the big money in Gemity. Give them to Maria and everything is easy-peasy.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-12-19 00:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I just remember getting wrecked by Nibelung Valesti. I'll have to play it again someday, as it was a pretty fun game, although I liked 2 and 4 more.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-12-19 22:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just beat the game today.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2016-12-19 22:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
i

Yeah, for those saying the characters are bad along with the story, I think they did a half-decent job. Just a touch more effort would have made this game great.

Which is why I don't understand the people giving SE a pass. If people would stop white knighting and put some damn pressure on them maybe we could get another great FF game before we die from disappointment and/or old age.

Doesn't even need to be negative pressure. Just some honest criticism can go along way instead of bowing at SEs feet being thankful they took the time to put together a half *** game.
[+]
By crimsondragon 2016-12-19 22:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can even be forced to accept the horrible "imo" character appearances and voices. Just put some more effort into the actual game itself.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-20 02:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
So I just beat the game today.
I gotta say I found that camp scene particularly touching myself :(
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 54 55 56