Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Colonization Reives
Colonization Reives
First Page 2
By Synria 2013-06-06 04:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people not do these much? D: I just got SoA a few days ago and every time I'm in Ceizak there's no one really doing any.. it took me over two hours to get Logging from needing to do one reive.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-06-06 04:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Play Early UK time, you'll see tons of JP doing them.
By Synria 2013-06-06 04:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Play Early UK time, you'll see tons of JP doing them.

I play at pretty much every/any time of the day and still barely see anyone. D:
 Shiva.Shinsonja
Server: Shiva
user: Shinsonja
By Shiva.Shinsonja 2013-06-06 05:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

novelty/reason wore off fast and unlike campaign hard to get good rewards solo.
By Synria 2013-06-06 06:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shinsonja said: »

Too much aby mentality then, still? Campaign wasnt an easy solo reward when it first came out either. Bayld gear is nice still :( reives arent hard with a handful of people either. I want to do plasm delve stuff but no one wants me for a PUG without delve gear since Im no cor, brd, or whm and never will be.
 Phoenix.Felonius
Server: Phoenix
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2013-06-06 07:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What I have noticed since the massive Reive parties died out is

1. Expect that there are more than 1 Colonization Reive up at any given time now, so do a shout and either ask which one people are at or do the loop and see for yourself which one people are at.

2. For some reason people don't want to team up to complete these when there are not a lot of people. I don't understand this at all, so start sending them tells, if you have Reive Unity it's important to be teamed up.

From what I have noticed you need at least one person hitting the knotted roots for any of the rewards to happen, meaning if no one is hitting the roots you won't be getting any bayld or exp. So if you are in a very low man situation Reive is very difficult if you don't have the right jobs.

You might be better off shouting for people in Adoulin to join you before you head out, even if you get 2-3 people you are better off than you were. I have seen people doing this now.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-06 07:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Synria said: »
Shiva.Shinsonja said: »

Too much aby mentality then, still? Campaign wasnt an easy solo reward when it first came out either. Bayld gear is nice still :( reives arent hard with a handful of people either. I want to do plasm delve stuff but no one wants me for a PUG without delve gear since Im no cor, brd, or whm and never will be.

It's not that Bayld gear isnt nice, its that its very easily gotten. Ive done reive for 3 days and have most of the pieces ill need across all 3 types. Those were a loooong 3 days though -.-

Edit: Also as much as I said I would never play brd again after doing so in every endgame shell back at 75, recently ive had to start regearing it because its one of the most needed jobs on ragnarok for these things so, gonna *** it out while I can!
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-06 07:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what aby mentality actually is.
Reives aren't fun. That's a big part of why they're pretty much always up on every server unless a group needs to clear them to get to a delve nm. And then there's delve itself which stole what little attention reives had left with a better system and far more useful rewards.

The entire colonization system is just crap at the moment and there's little reason for anyone to bother with it. Absolutely sucks for those that were a little late with soa, but this is a problem created by se, not the players.
Pretty sure reive unity doesn't require you to be in a group to get any of those bonuses.
By Synria 2013-06-06 07:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Felonius said: »
What I have noticed since the massive Reive parties died out is

1. Expect that there are more than 1 Colonization Reive up at any given time now, so do a shout and either ask which one people are at or do the loop and see for yourself which one people are at.

2. For some reason people don't want to team up to complete these when there are not a lot of people. I don't understand this at all, so start sending them tells, if you have Reive Unity it's important to be teamed up.

From what I have noticed you need at least one person hitting the knotted roots for any of the rewards to happen, meaning if no one is hitting the roots you won't be getting any bayld or exp. So if you are in a very low man situation Reive is very difficult if you don't have the right jobs.

You might be better off shouting for people in Adoulin to join you before you head out, even if you get 2-3 people you are better off than you were. I have seen people doing this now.

I've noticed number 2 a lot, people don't seem to have a very helpful mentality if they can't immediately do something I guess? I'll try shouting in Adoulin more before heading out for reives, or just keep on being patient to get the occasional one done til I have bayld for the armor pieces I need/want. ^_^
 Phoenix.Tsuekasa
user: Zantherr
By Phoenix.Tsuekasa 2013-06-06 07:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I've noticed it too and although I got Seekers when it came out, I was still finishing up abby so didn't feel like I could do much. Now that I'm starting to venture out into SoA areas, I can't get much done cause the roots are always in my way with few people killing them. So questing is going to have to be based on lucky that someone recently cleared a path for me or I get lucky and run into a group needing to go the same way.
By cervelo84 2013-06-06 07:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I have the expansion installed just Haven't had time to go there being new to the game and all still working in abyssea/ Treasure storyline....But this is sad I was hoping for several pieces of gear from this.
By Synria 2013-06-06 07:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Not sure what aby mentality actually is.
Reives aren't fun. That's a big part of why they're pretty much always up on every server unless a group needs to clear them to get to a delve nm. And then there's delve itself which stole what little attention reives had left with a better system and far more useful rewards.

The entire colonization system is just crap at the moment and there's little reason for anyone to bother with it. Absolutely sucks for those that were a little late with soa, but this is a problem created by se, not the players.
Pretty sure reive unity doesn't require you to be in a group to get any of those bonuses.

Aby mentality is the mentality to low-man and solo content.

Reives seem as fun as campaign or besieged. As for Delve well.. I've tried for PUGs on my MNK and I'm told I need to be a Delve MNK to do Delve runs in these situations.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Server: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-06-06 07:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still pretty active over here. Sometimes it's too active and people just kill the roots off instead of hanging around waiting for mobs to respawn so we get more points (and it ends up not being worth it).

Every once in awhile there is a calm which can prove to be difficult, but that's because people are off doing the big events.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-06 07:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt consider that Abyssea Mentality. I personally prefer to solo or duo stuff because people are idiots and I dont want to deal with them.

Edit: I also hate deal with large LS leader politics. Had enough of that back at 75
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-06-06 12:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren server always get JP clearing out the Reives in Ceizak.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-06-07 00:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i sohud lbe done gearegin up a returning player this weekend then we will need to farm bayld in audolin.

we can join up ?
 Phoenix.Felonius
user: felonius
By Phoenix.Felonius 2013-06-07 07:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So idk exactly what was going on, I joined a shout last night for colonization reive because I only had an hour before an event, and it was horrible. We ended up with 12 people, and the reive we joined had about 7 people at it already. Multiple times everyone ended up dead. I have never had that happen in a reive of before unless we had less than 6 people and got greedy.

Then I noticed the Dev article today: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34428
Quote:
*As an adjustment for solo and low-man groups, the HP, attack power, and other parameters of monsters will be reduced, the detection range will be reduced, and spawning frequency will be reduced.

So that should help, but it is only on the test-servers at the moment.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Server: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-06-07 07:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We've had everyone dead multiple times...usually at bunnies.

Personally those are the times it's fun >.>
By Comablack187 2013-06-07 15:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have done a few /yells-/shouts in Jeuno and gotten a few takers to go with. not enough to clear the roots but its worth a shot. Im sure with the right set up you could do it with a decent geared party of 6-8.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-06-07 15:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Comablack187 said: »
I have done a few /yells-/shouts in Jeuno and gotten a few takers to go with. not enough to clear the roots but its worth a shot. Im sure with the right set up you could do it with a decent geared party of 6-8.

Ochain pld, healer, 1-2 DD, the end.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2013-06-12 01:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

War + Whm, FC lerntopdt, done.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-06-12 02:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
Then sit back and watch the Warrior die cause the whm runs out of mp from too many cure spams since this isn't abyssea anymore lol. Pld without Ochain die when they try to hold multiple mobs in colonization reives yet a war somehow can with just pdt? Right...
 Phoenix.Terasan
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2013-06-12 02:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Knivesz said: »
Then sit back and watch the Warrior die cause the whm runs out of mp from too many cure spams since this isn't abyssea anymore lol. Pld without Ochain die when they try to hold multiple mobs in colonization reives yet a war somehow can with just pdt? Right...

SCH, WAR with 50% PDT, SCH phalanx+Regen5, AFK till reapply is necessary. Done. Don't need infinite MP when the WAR has a good PDT kit with a good enhancing set SCH...
 Lakshmi.Splinters
Server: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2013-06-12 04:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Savannahlynn said: »
We've had everyone dead multiple times...usually at bunnies.

Personally those are the times it's fun >.>

I used to pull my hair out trying to come to rieves as a whm. Imagine trying to cure people that are bringing bunnies right on top of you while resting weakend state. Anyways, I've decided that SMN is the perfect job for rieving. I can cap out exp/bayld by spamming Garuda curagas every 45 seconds and doing 1065-1800 Wind Blades to roots.
[+]
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2013-06-12 21:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What can I say other than "suck less"?. I have farmed over 500k bayld this way and died maybe 3 times, when people fed my mobs more tp than usual. Its really not that hard to keep regen 4 and cure 3 as necesary while turtling 5 mobs hitting for 40 in 50% pdt gear, with my whm mule having nothing more than the usual 7/tick idle refresh. This works mostly in ceizak tho, morimar matamata suck to tank.
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-06-12 21:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What can I say other than "suck less"?. I have farmed over 500k bayld this way and died maybe 3 times, when people fed my mobs more tp than usual. Its really not that hard to keep regen 4 and cure 3 as necesary while turtling 5 mobs hitting for 40 in 50% pdt gear, with my whm mule having nothing more than the usual 7/tick idle refresh. This works mostly in ceizak tho, morimar matamata suck to tank.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in this case and assume that I misinterpreted your strategy as being duo-able (as opposed to you purposely misleading people to think it can be done duo reliably war + whm). Of course if there are one or two other people there to handle some of the other adds then yes you can war fc a handful. However once those people disappear and you have 10 mobs beating on you while you are trying to damage the roots that same war is gonna go down faster than a k-club drk using souleater without blood weapon and cures.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2013-06-12 23:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not really hard to position yourself 6-8 away from a root, with a wall on your right to line up the mobs next to the root, and fc 5-6 adds and the root at once, assuring evaluations. And if things get hairy, the whm can ES sleepga the mobs while you recover a bit.

Do i do it often, no. Have i done it and is it doable, yep. If there was a use for bayld other than spamming 5 hour nakuuls, maybe i would still do it. Or if they let us buy airlixirs with bayld, i'd pick it up again.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-06-28 22:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Synria said: »
Do people not do these much? D: I just got SoA a few days ago and every time I'm in Ceizak there's no one really doing any.. it took me over two hours to get Logging from needing to do one reive.
It took you 2 hours to talk to an npc, hit a root and return to the npc? That is your own ignorance of the quest.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-06-29 01:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not for the ki, oh ignorant one. Good to see you still do not know how to play.
lol@you deleting your post to try to save face.
First Page 2