Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Puppermaster and Aldouin
Puppermaster and Aldouin
By Lisotte 2013-06-03 21:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Shijin > Pummel is Gravitation, not Darkness.

Ah that was it lol
By Puppetmaster 2013-06-03 21:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Armorer Shatterer <> Victory Smite = Light
Victory Smite <> Victory Smite = Light

As much as I love Stringing Pummel, I miss having Victory Smite for its great skillchain properties. Hopefully the 99 version when updated is worth using over other delve etc. alternatives, or maybe it'll be worth using with the WoE coin weapon unlocked, with a rigor or whatever
By Lariae 2013-06-04 22:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Some more questions for the masses.. How can I lower burden generated by using maneuvars? only by heatsink? Or is there some other way? I find it difficult to keep up two of the same element without overloading.. Let alone three. Trying to figure out how to get my archer puppet to put some deeps out.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-06-04 22:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lariae said: »
Some more questions for the masses.. How can I lower burden generated by using maneuvars? only by heatsink? Or is there some other way? I find it difficult to keep up two of the same element without overloading.. Let alone three. Trying to figure out how to get my archer puppet to put some deeps out.

Are you using Cirque Farsetto +2, Baffoons Colar, and Puppetry Dastanas when you use maneuvers?

That combo mixed with heatsink make it REALLY hard to overload especially when using cooldown properly.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-04 22:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Even without overload gear, it shouldn't be overloading after just 2 maneuvers. Are you using maneuvers immediately after Activate?
By Lariae 2013-06-04 22:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My understanding is that the listed gear above will only increase the threshhold, not decrease the burden, so in the end that would cause you to still overload after running the same 3 maneuvars over and over would it not?.. I want to run 2 winds and a fire. I can usually keep this up for about 3-4 minutes before I overload.

To answer the question: No I am not. I'm coming off of playing my Thief and Corsair, so currently the only pup exclusive item i have is the necklace and the alternator. Wearing thaumas set, twilight belt, Blithe mantle, Rigors.. ect ect..
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-06-04 22:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My understanding is that the listed gear above will only increase the threshhold, not decrease the burden, so in the end that would cause you to still overload after running the same 3 maneuvars over and over would it not?.. I want to run 2 winds and a fire. I can usually keep this up for about 3-4 minutes before I overload.

To answer the question: No I am not. I'm coming off of playing my Thief and Corsair, so currently the only pup exclusive item i have is the necklace and the alternator. Wearing thaumas set, twilight belt, Blithe mantle, Rigors.. ect ect..

Get the above aforementioned pieces of equipment and trust me you shouldn't have any issues with overloading, I spam wind and fire constantly when I solo twytherims in morimar and don't overload. The Farsetto +2 alone helps immensely.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-04 22:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Burden also decays gradually over time so the increased threshold from even just the body piece alone makes it difficult to consistently overload.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-06-04 22:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

just pop a water man when u activate with heatsink I never use any overload gear ever and I cant even remember the last time I overloaded so yea that's the key pop a water and ur good to go.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-06-04 23:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

btw does af3 head tp bonus add dmg to AS, and if so how much we talking about?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-04 23:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

TP only effect the defense down effect duration and doesn't add any additional damage to the WS. Also, why bother with useless water maneuvers when you can just macro in AF3 body?
By Lariae 2013-06-04 23:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I was kinda weary of macroing the gear myself.. Even swapping gear for 1-2 seconds x3 times per minute can cause a good deal of dps loss if you're swinging at something while refreshing maneuvers.

The damn maneuvers need to last longer.. ><
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-04 23:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't use maneuvers in combat while engaged if you're concerned about DPS loss. The JA delay is going to cause a greater dip in damage dealt than a simple gear swap will.

Edit: Fixed
By Lariae 2013-06-10 00:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

To add a bit to this.. Today I hosted a delve party on my pup and ran the wandering party in Ceizak fracture. Had another pup in my party and we both used /dnc and whm autos. Between the two of us there was absolutely no need for a white mage in our party, and the overall DD was much higher due to that. Just one of many roles we can play!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2013-06-10 00:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
TP only effect the defense down effect duration and doesn't add any additional damage to the WS. Also, why bother with useless water maneuvers when you can just macro in AF3 body?

love the new avatar <3
[+]
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2013-06-10 01:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish the manuvers would last longer then 1 min kinda stupid they don't
 Bismarck.Azagarth
Server: Bismarck
user: Azagarth
By Bismarck.Azagarth 2013-06-11 14:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hey so well been a long time since i have played, what sucs is i cant get my account back. I am thinking of restarting the game, and really i will probably just be playing pup solo. But I really wanted to see if it is even worth it to come back. I have read of a lot of the changes and they looks very promising. I am most just upset because I will have to redo all those dang missions, and quest again. I am sure it will go fast now though since everythings in easy mode, but would you recommend it, or would just going to a different game be better at this point? I figured here would be appropriate to ask.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-11 15:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't look like you've been gone all that long really, not much has changed since 2011.
Do you have friends that still play and that wouldn't mind helping you out with things? You can solo a lot of crap, but not everything, and shout groups for older content rarely see any replies(on cerb at least). If you have some good friends, I'd say the game is definitely worth coming back to. Nothing is really in easy mode for a newly returned character without merits or capped combat/automaton skills trying to do everything solo.

Pup is more accepted now than ever, but I wouldn't expect to actually accomplish any of the new things on the job. Without making the group yourself, or already possessing rigors and an alternator, the chances of that happening are pretty much 0. You can still solo though, without any of the newer weapons, but to what end really?
 Bismarck.Azagarth
By Bismarck.Azagarth 2013-06-11 17:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya basically everyone I know is gone from the game, well at least close friends.

my plan was honestly just bum rush a job to 99, one that is easy and will let me get everything done with ease, and then lv pup as my true job after (super expensive anyhow).

New accounts get cool new items now ya?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-06-11 17:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Think you get the Destrier beret and the shirt with one of those newer all in one packages, but not sure which. Both of them are only good until lv.30, but they are amazing up until that point.

That is probably the best plan if you do come back, pretty much how I got the crap for the jobs I actually enjoy playing.
 Bismarck.Azagarth
By Bismarck.Azagarth 2013-06-11 17:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

which job right no would you say is on "easy" mode, aka i dont have to buy much gear, great invites, can finish mission etc solo, and can farm dyna currency well ( i hear thats the best income atm). I just hear the game has took a 180 from 3 yrs ago.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2013-06-12 05:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Azagarth said: »
which job right no would you say is on "easy" mode, aka i dont have to buy much gear, great invites, can finish mission etc solo, and can farm dyna currency well ( i hear thats the best income atm). I just hear the game has took a 180 from 3 yrs ago.
Farming delve and selling airlixiers is the best income atm.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-06-12 08:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Azagarth said: »

I don't think a job like that exists at all if ever. Great invites don't need the great gear still bard even that is getting the relic/emp treatment with peeps. You would have to do what many are doing a support job gets in easy but you will have to use that to build a job that can farm easily...
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-06-12 12:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I am going do an experiment involving 1 PLD and 5 Alternator pups with BLM frames. It's mostly for ***'s and giggles but I plan to record it and post it here if people wanna see it. I'm going to have a PLD tank Matamata for the TP moves as per the usual way we do it with MNK's and formless strikes. But this time I'm going to have myself and 4 other alternator PUP's ready with nukes after the 7th to see how fast he dies. It will be super easy to get at least 10 nukes off within seconds. Everyone will use Overdrive, be using Ice maker and have 3 ice ready when the 7th TP move pops. Then Deactivate > Activate > Deploy and pop ice again. I'm more curious just to see how much damage get's dealt and whether or not 45-60 seconds is enough time to land enough nukes. Sounds like a lot of fun if it works. If any pups from Lakshmi wanna join in on the fun by all means let me know.

EDIT: Is the damage cap for 1 hit actually 99,999 or is that just the highest it will show in the log? If the cap is 99,999 then it will require 8 pups to take him down with 3 nukes each.
[+]