users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Grinding to Rose Strap
Grinding to Rose Strap
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-25 17:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Was curious, as someone who has barely touched the past content except to get Voidwatch going... how long would it take for me to get notes/rank to get Rose Strap, if I focused on doing it.
 Bahamut.Spiketaru
Server: Bahamut
user: Kerokun
By Bahamut.Spiketaru 2013-05-25 17:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How long would it take for the notes? A day.
How long would it take for the rank? 80 days from the bottom rank.

Having a new character myself, the most arduous thing standing between me and a potential 5-hit/capped haste Uguisumaru build is that godforsaken strap.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-25 17:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Starlight Medal is required for it. Starting from the beginning, it takes 16 successful evaluations, at 5 days each.

16 x 5 = 80

80 days to get that Rose Strap, assuming you hoard enough notes (30k or 45k) along the way.
By Denjin 2013-05-25 17:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be faster to attain rank from doing the missions, since winning Quest 10 (after Mission 26), awards you Starlight.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-25 17:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Denjin said: »
It might be faster to attain rank from doing the missions, since winning Quest 10 (after Mission 26), awards you Starlight.

No, it doesn't. If I recall correctly, it just means you can't rank down from starlight, but you do have to attain it normally first.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-25 17:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yikes. Sounds like i might be better off saving of for hagneia.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-05-25 17:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

WOTG doesn't auto promote you, it just keeps you from getting demoted. Starting from scratch on campaign should be a last resort, there has to be something else you can do with your build.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-25 18:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
WOTG doesn't auto promote you, it just keeps you from getting demoted. Starting from scratch on campaign should be a last resort, there has to be something else you can do with your build.

Yup. Though the road's a bit rough no matter how I look at it.

ItemSet 302118

Kinda my current gameplan, as I'll be finishing floor 100. Not great, but it'll hold me over while i get some other things in the works.

Need 27 store tp with Bereaver /sam for 6hit.

Other option would be doing Goading Belt, and admitting maybe i shouldn't have bought that belt :P.

From here it's mostly me looking at NNI, and adding Manibozho feet and tyrants.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-25 18:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »

NNI gear is a dream come true for DRK builds... I haven't really done it since before the Embrava gimp- how is it these days? You should really focus on getting a few key pieces for starters... You'll probably tear ***up with Delve weapons in there.

6-hit /SAM (Store TP +6 on body)
ItemSet 278188

I'm only using augmented hrafn gambieras to take advantage of all the Rag crits, otherwise I'd probably be using mikinaak greaves which are just delicious for that slot... and the Greaves would allow me to dump the Rose strap for something else.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-25 18:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »

NNI gear is a dream come true for DRK builds... I haven't really done it since before the Embrava gimp- how is it these days? You should really focus on getting a few key pieces for starters... You'll probably tear ***up with Delve weapons in there.

6-hit /SAM (Store TP +6 on body)
ItemSet 278188

I'm only using augmented hrafn gambieras to take advantage of all the Rag crits, otherwise I'd probably be using mikinaak greaves which are just delicious for that slot, and would allow me to dump the Rose strap.

Yeah, I'm still trying to catch up from when i left the game way back when, so wanted to hit floor 100 v1 Nyzul before starting into NNI.

Lv 75 body just seems fairly easy to obtain, though I guess I could always get Chloris's KI and find my +5 I'm missing from Lacovie, then could add haste back to body slot.

But yeah. NNI really need to be my next direction.. just trying to get there before I get there.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-25 18:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

NNI really need to be my next direction.

It really should be a focus, yeah... Some of the pieces have comparable alternatives available, but some are just second-to-none for the slot. My advice would be to mix and match out of the best overall pieces before you worry about completing sets.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-25 18:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

there's no reason not to rose strap. you can accrue the points/rankup in less time than it takes to reive a day.

make a point to get an instant retrace scroll > do one good campaign a day > assume you'll use it later if you dont use it now

Even if it sits in storage forever and a day, itll be nice knowing you have one with minimal work for possible future builds
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-05-25 18:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really glad i went back and got mine, since it's the one piece i *needed* to give my drg a true 5 hit from 0-100TP, and from ws+4 hits to ws again.

I'm also experimenting with the rose strap on RUN with a Crobaci (mostly for giggles).
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-25 19:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
there's no reason not to rose strap. you can accrue the points/rankup in less time than it takes to reive a day.

make a point to get an instant retrace scroll > do one good campaign a day > assume you'll use it later if you dont use it now

Even if it sits in storage forever and a day, itll be nice knowing you have one with minimal work for possible future builds

Er.. what happened to 80 days?