Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Enfeebling gear
Enfeebling gear
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-17 05:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been working on improving my enfeebling gear recently, as I really hate getting resisted on bosses.

This:
ItemSet 267413
Is what I'm aiming for (from sticky)

This:
ItemSet 301304
Is my current set.

I'm looking for "In between" improvements really, with inv space being important too.

1: I'm working on +1ing my morri crown (extra +4 acc)
2: I'm thinking about grabbing some Repartie gloves for another +5 acc
3: I will pick up the delve earrings for an extra +10 acc

Body/Grip/Back upgrades?

Also dropping 4 enlightenment merits for the acc startagems. Undecided if i wanna do 0/4, 1/3, or 2/2 for Altruism/Focalisation respectively. Any thoughts?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-17 13:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Body is fine if you can't do meeble's. Grip I personally use Shamatha Grip. Back is fine. The best improvement you can get would be magic acc ToM staves by a long shot if you are able to do them.

Personally, I'm not sure I would use the magic acc stratagems. So far I have not found anything that seriously resists me more than 2-3 times before I can land a debuff, and I don't have near the ideal set I have in the guide. The cost of using strats for acc as opposed to buffs, is based on your personal situation.

For Nuking it isn't even a relative thing. Ebullience is going to do more damage w/ a gear set using +20 acc in gear swaps than nuking in your normal set w/ an acc stratagem.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-18 01:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Meebles is a possibility, just not a priority as alot of the gear is strictly sidegrades and it's hard keeping people interested in the event recently. :( (Shame, as it's one of my fave events)

Shamatha grip! I forgot all about that lol. I'll grab one of those with leftover points.

I will work on the acc staves (thunder/dark/ice/earth/wind in that order) when I can face more magian trials. Does kaustra count as a dark based status effect? Cos that'll make the dark stave MUCH less tedious to build.

Regarding the stratagems: Usually if i'm in LA mode, I only need strats every ~7 mins and end up riding a single strat, every min so they don't go to waste. They would only be used for enfeebles, not nukes, I deff don't have strats to spare in nuke mode. I'm ok with swapping to DA for blind/dispel/sleep/gravity and back to LA after as the extra 15 acc from pants is a nice boost.
However, I'm now thinking - "If I use an acc stratagem, and it lands, I'll always have a voice in my head telling me it probs would have landed without a strat, or I could have celeritied it and took advantage of immunobreak on second cast for the same effect." ><

I didn't realise accuracy affinity was double the values of the damage afinity until just now!
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)