Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 119 120 121 ... 130 131 132
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-23 20:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

when I did dedicated threads for preshot,midshot,weaponskill,and utility sets, my intent was to steer conversation away from this sticky as the original author no longer maintains it and didn't pass along any editing rights to the likes of a Verda or something back then. Now we have people asking for posted sets that are still BiS but in other threads. Do a quick search of the subforum Ranger.
By monkey33333333 2018-08-23 20:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you for your help Brynach ^^
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-08-23 22:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Vishwambhari said: »
Boshi said: »
Was bored looking and decided to look thru the .dats of the new weapons today and found an archery DynamisD model in the new folder

I'm really curious about it. Did they make the model then discard the weapon entirely, or perhaps they are gonna introduce some sort of "morph" weapon mechanic (of course they are not)? Currently RNG's dyna weapon is a (lame) crossbow.
There's a ranged WS in the dats for both Archery and Marksmanship that aren't used by the player but are apparently in the WS data.

I dunno why some models and graphic effects are made and never used but as a DRK main, I really would have liked that red and silver Ragnarok clone.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-23 23:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most/all of those WS are campaign general or fomor stuffs
 Asura.Zeroburning
Server: Asura
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-08-23 23:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Trilling and chant from when I was testing with gastra only pull ahead when your capped buffs that's hitting the soft mab and agi cap and having a ***ton of macc that's focus from idris and stew pot on and entrusted acumen it's only by 2k more dmg
[+]
By Confucion 2018-09-01 13:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gastra, Malev / Trilling combo with Idris Geo, Aurorastorm 2 and COR buffs after Ebullient Nullification

By Boshi 2018-09-01 13:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

He takes extra light dmg..
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-01 17:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know if magic accuracy skill from the offhand is added? I don't remember any testing regarding this. If not then offhanding Trilling might be better than a capped Malevolence even on high content level things.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-09-01 17:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Confucion said: »
Gastra, Malev / Trilling combo with Idris Geo, Aurorastorm 2 and COR buffs after Ebullient Nullification

It is Fu move pretty sure most people can hit 99k Trueflight with sufficient buffs. Attempt this on Kei please. I've only manage ~30K-35K trueflights into 99k Lights. Wonder how high it can reach with gastra.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-01 17:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think verda posted some 100k screenshots on Kei, I'm not sure though.
By Confucion 2018-09-01 19:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Best I’ve done is 84-85k on Kei fully buffed will grab screens next one.
By Rainemard 2018-09-02 15:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, got a couple of quick questions if anyone can answer them. Thinking about playing Ranger, but unsure of what I need and if what I want to try is even remotely deemed viable.

Firstly, is wildfire ever really used or is trueflight pretty much always the superior option?

Secondly, are bows THAT much worse than guns? Last Stand is undoubtedly good, but I have the feeling Jishnu's Radiance should be able to do some decent numbers as well given you have the emp for it.

Thirdly, is Apex Arrow ever good? Maybe on lowbuff situations where attack matters?

Thanks for the answers in advance, appreciate it.

Edit: finally, is there an up to date rng spreadsheet I can use to test some of this out?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-02 15:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wildfire can create double dark and is virtually hateless. Use it on something weak to fire to exploit it

Jisnus can be very very good actually. The issue is the inherent problem with bows on general, no good way to drop hate and continue dps. At least on gun you can downgrade to WF. But damage wise it's not bad with empy.

Apex sucks. You'd make the aeonic bow for the arrows I think. That's about it?
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-09-02 16:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Trilling is only good if you at the soft cap of pretty much all buffs so thats cap mab agi then yes Trilling will win but then the issue comes in that you will get resisted alot more using a trilling over second malevolence Also for Gandiva users Gandiva under the right buffs can win the parce every time and really good for you to help your tank hold hate with decoy up Also Apex Arrow is Really good on Dyna Boss 2 since it ignores Def
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-02 16:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Confucion said: »

It is Fu move pretty sure most people can hit 99k Trueflight with sufficient buffs. Attempt this on Kei please. I've only manage ~30K-35K trueflights into 99k Lights. Wonder how high it can reach with gastra.

https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/79837
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-09-02 19:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone told me that the Pixie Hairpin translates into like 100Mab for dark WS.

How much Regular MAB is the weatherspoon ring?
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-09-02 20:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

its more like a 28% Boost in magic attack for darkness weather spoon is like a 10% boost for trueflight
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-02 21:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the ring and hairpin improve skillchain damage respectively if used during the closing ws, so you get an extra bonus there. Especially noticable when song true flight light on ou or kei
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-13 16:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody know what the Additional Effect: Snapshot on Blurred Bow +1 does?
By Confucion 2018-09-13 18:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Question on Scout's Gorget, with Gastra AM3 would the Phys. Damage Limit be a solid tradeoff against Iskur on Midshot?

Less racc and stp but if your double/triple are buffed it should throw your damage up nicely (in theory). And would the +25 AGI be better on the neck for Trueflight against the 10 macc / mab on Sanctity or +13 on Baetyl?

I really suck at understanding all the PDIF stuff, especially when it comes to ranged attack. I feel like with Orion and Arcadian +3 pieces covering down on Racc you can switch up foods with with Minuet blow through attack cap easily to hit that threshold.

Am I misunderstanding something or is this the general feeling of the Scout's Gorget thus far?

It appears this could be a solid neckpiece for both pre and mid shot..
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-13 19:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My initial thought before any testing on this is the following- Gastra needs as much STP as you can to get to Trueflight (and any TP overflow is just gravy for that weaponskill) as fast as possible. While you might notice a difference in your white damage, no other ranged weapon has such a disparity between TP phase/WS phase (maybe Death Penalty, but this is a Ranger Forum), and a little more on your crossbow bolt shots won't change this. You'd have to probably multiply the damage dealt by TP shots by a factor of 5 to come close to seeing something worth gearing for.

Now, I do think the JSE neck might have a role in Annihilator and Armageddon builds, both of which deal better base damage before AM, and will definitely deal a helluva lot more damage with the AM up over Gastraphetes.

In regards to "is 25 AGI worth more than 13 MAB"? (JSE+2 neck versus Baetyl Pendant) Its gonna depend a LOT on your current Trueflight Build. If your build is hurting for MAB, the Baetyl pendant should win out easily. Otherwise, you probably will see a slight boost with the AGI.

And most top-tier Rangers are actually hurting for MAB these days in their Trueflight builds with the introduction of AF+3 head and Relic+3 legs- two great WSD pieces but both have zero MAB. Our sets (best in slot that is) prior to the release of these pieces included Herculean head and legs augmented with MAB/macc and WSD, so the loss of those two pieces probably means a loss of around 40MAB to gain 12-16 WSD. A good trade, but it makes high MAB in the waist,ears,rings, and neck even more valuable.

I think an interesting debate will be once we see some fully augmented +2 Ranger Neckpieces and compare them against Fotia for Last Stand. That's some serious AGI to put into the number crunching.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-09-13 19:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Does anybody know what the Additional Effect: Snapshot on Blurred Bow +1 does?
same as blurred melee weapons, it's a chance at gaining a flurry buff on hit
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-09-13 19:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Herc Feet I use to compensate for the lack of MAB on AF+3 head/Relic+3 legs.
By Confucion 2018-09-13 21:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
My initial thought before any testing on this is the following- Gastra needs as much STP as you can to get to Trueflight (and any TP overflow is just gravy for that weaponskill) as fast as possible. While you might notice a difference in your white damage, no other ranged weapon has such a disparity between TP phase/WS phase (maybe Death Penalty, but this is a Ranger Forum), and a little more on your crossbow bolt shots won't change this. You'd have to probably multiply the damage dealt by TP shots by a factor of 5 to come close to seeing something worth gearing for.

Now, I do think the JSE neck might have a role in Annihilator and Armageddon builds, both of which deal better base damage before AM, and will definitely deal a helluva lot more damage with the AM up over Gastraphetes.

In regards to "is 25 AGI worth more than 13 MAB"? (JSE+2 neck versus Baetyl Pendant) Its gonna depend a LOT on your current Trueflight Build. If your build is hurting for MAB, the Baetyl pendant should win out easily. Otherwise, you probably will see a slight boost with the AGI.

And most top-tier Rangers are actually hurting for MAB these days in their Trueflight builds with the introduction of AF+3 head and Relic+3 legs- two great WSD pieces but both have zero MAB. Our sets (best in slot that is) prior to the release of these pieces included Herculean head and legs augmented with MAB/macc and WSD, so the loss of those two pieces probably means a loss of around 40MAB to gain 12-16 WSD. A good trade, but it makes high MAB in the waist,ears,rings, and neck even more valuable.

I think an interesting debate will be once we see some fully augmented +2 Ranger Neckpieces and compare them against Fotia for Last Stand. That's some serious AGI to put into the number crunching.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for that! Look forward to see how the tests parse out on Last Stand with Anni. I'll play with it a bit too. I have a +1 but not a +2 as I usually just TF chain with SCH in certain Omen fights and Dynamis and come BLU or RUN for anything else.
 Asura.Zeroburning
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-09-14 01:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

this is my new Trueflight set ItemSet 361318 will do further testing once the Neck is capped its only rank 9 atm all the herc is +40 MAb Gastra only rank 3 to >.<
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2018-09-14 06:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a DM aug clearly. Non dm caps at 30 for herc i believe
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren